Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Encased - isometric post-apocalyptic RPG under the dome

Shadenuat

Arcane
The cities are basically all russian modders fallout ideas but now on unity. The beginning felt a bit unique, but then suddenly there's junktown and crazy fanatics and some paramilitary faction, like Vault Dweller checking out everything out of his personal notebook hehe.

The biggest problem I see for now is how horribly New Vegas balanced the game is. Everything is plentiful, thirst/hunger do nothing, skills plentiful, skill checks kinda low (it's not just stealth tbh) and of course, there are godawful Sawyer magazines as well. Game problem solving aspect is nearly not as strict as, say, some actual fallout mods.

I still like it for what it is and might try replaying later with all these waifus in party.

Last edited:

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Contraption tree is all about utility and its really fun. I would recommend it to everyone who went servoshell route because you can use the jetpack to avoid climbing stairs. Its great for combat too.
Well fuck, they changed it. You cant use the jetpack while inside the servoshell. POOPZOR!

Aren't jet pack and servoshell jump ability different?

Yeah, but servoshell jump is combat only, but with jetpack you could jump around while exploring

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
A guy next to entrance to Anomalous Swamp says there are at least 5 deaders.

I could only find 4:
1. A corpse in the nook with a metal box
2-3. Two radioactive skellies at the car crash
4. A corpse with dog-tags inside of Old Al's cave

Anyone knows where's the 5th?
Not that it's needed to progress, just curious where they hid it.

Quillon

Arcane
Contraption tree is all about utility and its really fun. I would recommend it to everyone who went servoshell route because you can use the jetpack to avoid climbing stairs. Its great for combat too.
Well fuck, they changed it. You cant use the jetpack while inside the servoshell. POOPZOR!

Yeah, but servoshell jump is combat only, but with jetpack you could jump around while exploring

They shoulda made jet pack use fuel/batteries then...

Sykar

Arcane
Major incline in this game is imho that you can take the premade characters and edit them. Some are quite decent like Herman Stoltz just need to change his trait and he is pretty damn good. If you want to forgoe PSI you could dump it and up something else.
You still retain their unique backstory. I wish you could make your own story though.

jackofshadows

Magister
Early Access just needs to fucking die. Hire experienced playtesters, maybe release a demo to gauge public response, and release your game when it's good and ready. This has got to end. Very rarely have I seen a game actually benefit from it, and when they do it's a game like ATOM where they listen to the people who actually like the type of game they're trying to make, rather than some fuckhead sub 80 IQ on the steam forums.

RELEASE THE GAME THAT YOU WANT TO MAKE, NOT WHAT SOME MORON WHO DOESN'T LIKE YOUR GAME IN THE FIRST PLACE WANTS.
Agree with your last point but that doesn't mean EA has to die. Just look at how ITS work with the feedback for instance. ATOM team has also gain some integrity in that regard over past years. Yes, the idea is that simple: don't listen to people who clearly outside of your target audience but these devs apparantely decided that anyone who write down their cravings is. Well, they're delusional then and in striving for expanding the audience they ruined their own game, good fucking job. This could have been a great game if someone with a strong vision was in charge but alas. These whiny steamtards don't care if the game has 4 difficulty levels by the way, they want the game would be accessible for them on the highest one, it was proven with Dungeon Rats and many other games.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Loot is also influenced by your stats so yes if you have luck 1 you will find a trash played a bit with intelligence 2 char, some dialogues are fun but I could not turn off my brain knowing that brainless bimbo would end up her journey in some brothel or basement sure she had luck 10 but still this game is not so realistic as two first Fallouts were.

Played my grizzled ex Afghanistan Vietnam vet char a bit more and yes its lesser game than Atom or Colony Ship but still worth its prize of 20 zion bux... and yes you pay for development of game free of (excess) degeneracy.

Also thanks for tip how to get my harness back it was cock teasing move to give you one early in game and then abandon it cause fuck you.

I just cant take seriously Kwanzania as game setting not after what happened in 2020.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet

They shoulda made jet pack use fuel/batteries then...

Jetpack has 5 uses btw, all contraptions are practically consumables

Cromwell

Arcane
Seems you can get stuck. I made my way to the nashville parking lot, wandered through the sewers to get to the upper truck parking lot. Killed everyone there and am now stuck. Theres a ladder I cant use because I dont have enough muscle and the way back through the sewers doesnt work.

e:

or not. dont trust the highlight system to much.

Sykar

Arcane

They should make that move available whenever you want. Add CD/Fatigue or whatever other limitation it is just silly that you cannot do it outside of combat. Also psionics can teleport shit all over the place but not levitate up a ledge? Bitch please.

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
The game is piss easy on the highest difficulty and I have a nerd build with energy pistols :)

88E97FE4D7387FEB1E857B168AF977ECFC493CDD

My character looks like a real scientist :)
2AF908F76311F4396EF89913F4E430EE7C0ECC1C

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
I just bought this on GOG and was pleasantly surprised to see it listed in the "Bestselling" section. Seems that it gained some traction after all.

Zyondyne

Learned
Dumb question, but how do I cover my tracks after pickpocketing/stealing something?

I discarded all the stolen items in a nearby container and yet the "investigating" NPC I stole from catches me if I enter his radius.

Is there a mechanic I'm missing? I understand that they didn't want stealing to be "free loot" but this doesn't make much sense either.

I'm just trying to rob all the NPCs in the starting area and it seem impossible lmao.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet

They should make that move available whenever you want. Add CD/Fatigue or whatever other limitation it is just silly that you cannot do it outside of combat. Also psionics can teleport shit all over the place but not levitate up a ledge? Bitch please.

Totally agree. At least in EA i was able to jump around in servoshell with the jetpack.
Also, wtf you cant climb shit inside servo, thats just annoying.

jackofshadows

Magister
Dumb question, but how do I cover my tracks after pickpocketing/stealing something?

I discarded all the stolen items in a nearby container and yet the "investigating" NPC I stole from catches me if I enter his radius.

Is there a mechanic I'm missing? I understand that they didn't want stealing to be "free loot" but this doesn't make much sense either.

I'm just trying to rob all the NPCs in the starting area and it seem impossible lmao.
You need to just wait a few hlours, the amount depends on how "severe" the crime was.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet

You gotta hoof it away from the place you robbed/broke into and wait 2 in game hours for the person who is looking around to get bored.

Sykar

Arcane
Reading a discussion on Steam about fatigue and other stuff:
"I can definitely see that. I think a more involved system would be cool. But then again I have 124 dirt in my personal storage box at the moment. I cannot seem to let go of any useless junk in rpg games. Its kinda a problem haha."

:retarded:

Trithne

Erudite
My Necroids keep turning into Некроиды.

Also should I just be spending forever in Magellan until I reach a decent level and can get some actually worthwhile gear? I've got this tier 1 shotgun I got in the prologue and I've never found a single replacement, and it hits even on-level enemies like a wet noodle.

Sykar

Arcane
My Necroids keep turning into Некроиды.

Also should I just be spending forever in Magellan until I reach a decent level and can get some actually worthwhile gear? I've got this tier 1 shotgun I got in the prologue and I've never found a single replacement, and it hits even on-level enemies like a wet noodle.

Некроиды = Nekroidy according to google translate. Is there a difference?

Codex Year of the Donut
"I can definitely see that. I think a more involved system would be cool. But then again I have 124 dirt in my personal storage box at the moment. I cannot seem to let go of any useless junk in rpg games. Its kinda a problem haha."

if you don't pick up every single item on the ground then you are a pleb

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I'm fighting for harder hardest difficulty or new properly hard difficulty on Encased Discord. Game lacks so little to be so great

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent

People are truly retarded and physically incapable of role-playing anything but themselves as looter-murder-hobo

if you don't pick up every single item on the ground then you are a pleb
You would make excellent government advisor during Clinton/Bush years. I'm not even kidding. Your current arrogance, which is backed by America's past, spent and gone might, is so cute

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom