Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Encased - isometric post-apocalyptic RPG under the dome

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I read more of Steam reviews and Discord chat
Yeah bois, we aint getting to Mars

Zyondyne

Learned
You need to just wait a few hlours, the amount depends on how "severe" the crime was.

Oh, so instead I just have to abuse the skip time function then? Wonderful...

Is there any repercussion to this? Are the time based quests in the game or some sort of very large time limit before "game over" like in Fallout 3?

I read somewhere that you can only rob the same NPC after 1 in-game week. Is it true?

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Reading a discussion on Steam about fatigue and other stuff:
"I can definitely see that. I think a more involved system would be cool. But then again I have 124 dirt in my personal storage box at the moment. I cannot seem to let go of any useless junk in rpg games. Its kinda a problem haha."

:retarded:
if you don't pick up every single item on the ground then you are a pleb
Kwan non-plebs on streets can be recognized by fully laden shopping carts?

jackofshadows

Magister
Also should I just be spending forever in Magellan until I reach a decent level and can get some actually worthwhile gear? I've got this tier 1 shotgun I got in the prologue and I've never found a single replacement, and it hits even on-level enemies like a wet noodle.
Yes, note that vendor's gear is level scaled as well as random enemies. "Fixed" enemies aren't scaled, so...
I'm fighting for harder hardest difficulty or new properly hard difficulty on Encased Discord. Game lacks so little to be so great
No, game's systems are too wonky so increasing the difficulty in terms of bloat won't change anything aside from that some builds will cease to be viable. It needs a massive overhaul for high difficulty to be meaninful. They aimed for maximum viable builds design and they achieved that at the expense of consistency and refinement. Leave it at what it's worth. Akin to Arcanum.
Is there any repercussion to this? Are the time based quests in the game or some sort of very large time limit before "game over" like in Fallout 3?
Not that I know of. Close to finishing the game.

Terenty

Liturgist
There was a cult rpg in Russia called Князь: Легенды Лесной страны(Konung) based on the russian folklore with a lot of cool features and pretty hardcore.

Maybe it's time Russian devs tried to do smth in that vein instead of aping Fallout ad nauseam

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I was more thinking along the lines of turning current game systems 100% on hardest difficulty. For example crime system: some NPCs react, some don't to theft. On hardest: they all react. Shit like that

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think the poisoned well and the caravan opening broke for me.
THe caravan- I go, sparrow acts stupid, we take down the orange wingers, but combat doesn't end. Two of those dudes are at 0 hp, but don't count as dead or something.

Sykar

Arcane
It seems like I was slightly wrong about "Prodigy". It seems like it is now additive, a change not mentioned in the patch notes of the past few months, not multiplicative, so it is slightly less terrible when paired with Loner and you want extra Brains for certain abilities that scale of Brains attribute.

Cromwell

Arcane
stealth truly is to strong. My brainy character just killed the construct in picnic station for 11k exp by just stealthing, shooting and repeating. I can pretty much kill anything without them ever hurting me.

Shadenuat

Arcane
stealth truly is to strong. My brainy character just killed the construct in picnic station for 11k exp by just stealthing, shooting and repeating. I can pretty much kill anything without them ever hurting me.
That's not stealth: enemy AI doesn't understand what to do if you're far away and no physical way for it to get to you. You can kill enemies by clicking fast in Real Time if you're very away.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:hmmm:

Found me self a companion,fuck he is useless and annoying. He just goes trough mines and anomalies and blow shit up. Any reason to keep him ?

CharacterNik

Novice
You can break the chains on his portrait and he will not follow you. They are there to carry your stuff. You can do skill checks with them. For example Orange melee dude has 10 strength and 8 agility.

Sykar

Arcane
That's not stealth: enemy AI doesn't understand what to do if you're far away and no physical way for it to get to you. You can kill enemies by clicking fast in Real Time if you're very away.

Same happened in Fallout with high enough sneak.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Same happened in Fallout with high enough sneak.
Not in the new patch,attack triggers the TB combat. Tho you could do it stealthy if you kill them in the first round.

Cromwell

Arcane

yeah that could be but you still can stealth kill everything as long as you dont stand in the red zone when your timer ends. To see you you would have to be visible in white or stealthed without timer in red.

well seems to be fixed in the new patch then but i should still be able to restealth with the criminal skill

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Is it only me or is the XP rewards in this game random as fuck?

I've killed a giant robot crab in the swamp cave to get the old man leg in only a few turns and got a whooping 11k XP. Not long before I had killed two necroids in the sewers for the water purification quest that were way tougher(although still piss easy) and IIRC didn't get even half that for both of them.

It could be that it varies depending on the build, but I've noticed it in other situations too.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Using skills also costs fatigue, particularly if you're a psyker. This is on top of the normal drain.

Fatigue gain feels fine, it's just hunger/thirst gain and fatigue recovery from sleep feel too low. Not playing a psyker but I can only imagine they need to drink vast quantities of Energon.

One of the first Psionic skills is Castling, that allows to swap places with a target within 15 meters; it can be done companions out-of-combat too.
And there's a level 9 perk Invigorating Teleportation, that removes 500 fatigue on any teleport.
The combo of that perk and Castling effectively removes fatigue mechanic for a psyker.

Sykar

Arcane
Using skills also costs fatigue, particularly if you're a psyker. This is on top of the normal drain.

Fatigue gain feels fine, it's just hunger/thirst gain and fatigue recovery from sleep feel too low. Not playing a psyker but I can only imagine they need to drink vast quantities of Energon.

One of the first Psionic skills is Castling, that allows to swap places with a target within 15 meters; it can be done companions out-of-combat too.
And there's a level 9 perk Invigorating Teleportation, that removes 500 fatigue on any teleport.
The combo of that perk and Castling effectively removes fatigue mechanic for a psyker.

Level 6. There is also Heat Sink for fire users. Personally I wont use it outside of combat.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So i decided to start it.

In early access last year i started orange, and now white. People treat me differently which is good.

Too bad they doesnt seem to fix the brain dead AI and the broken stealth in combat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom