Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Encased - isometric post-apocalyptic RPG under the dome

jackofshadows

Magister
7KUlvke.png
oMREwVV.png

:balanced:
4sN8G9M.png

u3TeyeX.png

HKEVCOF.png

did you guys were worried about some skill point min-maxing?

Cromwell

Arcane
Has somebody a tip for the nashville tracker quest? I went there went to the trucks and could do nothing. I checked my box because I thought I may have forgotten a quest item or something but I did not and the log only says go there and put a tracker on a truck.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Has somebody a tip for the nashville tracker quest? I went there went to the trucks and could do nothing. I checked my box because I thought I may have forgotten a quest item or something but I did not and the log only says go there and put a tracker on a truck.
Put it on le belt and throw on ground.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Biggest problem is gigantism in locations, traveling and running times honestly.

Cool and creepy areas to see don't really stop. But game needs more work.

Cromwell

Arcane

The problem is I dont have a beacon. Talked to the guy in military quarters again, checked my box and talked to the guy in the warehouse. I have no idea how to get the beacon

Shadenuat

Arcane

The problem is I dont have a beacon. Talked to the guy in military quarters again, checked my box and talked to the guy in the warehouse. I have no idea how to get the beacon
It should be Kebb black pwa bro. But I can be wrong, it's not like I looked at my inventory after tutorial, I only check on it when my toon almost can't move from loot.

Maybe try pickpocket him. I got main quest glasses from preacher by pickpocket, since he bugged; bless Fallout kill/steal/persuade, even in Russia, still works.

Tbh I don't feel the need for PWA in this game, really.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I freeze enemies with Cryoblaster from stealth, and even in combat, their range is lower than my upgraded gun (or melee), so enemies just die standing on same place shouting their banter.

For human enemies, toxic grenades are good (just trade research points for chemicals, and then make 40 grenades).

Cromwell

Arcane
It should be Kebb black pwa bro. But I can be wrong, it's not like I looked at my inventory after tutorial, I only check on it when my toon almost can't move from loot.

fuck me I had it the whole time I just didnt know this was it. its not marked as quest item. I reloaded an old save and went to him again to check if he gives it out and what it is.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Biggest problem of game is amateur mistakes, the childish desire to put more than you can, giant spaces to slowly crawl through (needs more cars), and desire to realistically calculate amount of toilets required per popula and some horrible balancing.
On the other hand, nobody forces you to fight in constant trash combat (except base defence you try to skillfully dodge by avoiding invisible triggers for it with your jetpack), against clown raiders and such; in many ways this is upgraded ATOM. Even lunatics here can be reasoned with if you show them a shadow butterfly. Even very small locations always have a lit bit of effort put into them.

So I enjoyed big part of the game more than Wasteland 3. And I don't care that there, there are +5%+55%ifwhen "bulds" they call "character building" lmao; or combat is more streamlined. I like that in this game I generally feel free to do things my way. If I don't want to do some bitches quest there are multiple ways to cheat out of it, put by developers even; not counting the steal/kill etc.

My guess slowly drifting around faraway locations in Main Quest 2 "do everything for us, but now x2 far away and x5 things" in last 1/3 of the game would be most underwhelming. But too drunk to continue atm.

Last edited:

jackofshadows

Magister
Sure, you think the necroids are hard, but then fatigue.
Sure but I mean it's ridiculous (even for si-fi). And when ress go over 100 they start to heal from damage. Totally zero div os inspirations, rusty!

I've finished and can say if that wasn't clear yet, after Magellan it's one massive downhill. Although a few creepy cool locations to explore which were there from alpha are also very good. All the new content however is rushed, extremely tedious and overall looks like if they didn't want to finish their work at all.

The setting is cozy enough, the writing is good enough, it would be a better game if it was all through their vignettes and small 2d locations to explore. Reduce crates amount by 50-100 times. Cut survival bs. No. Combat.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Sure, you think the necroids are hard, but then fatigue.
Sure but I mean it's ridiculous (even for si-fi). And when ress go over 100 they start to heal from damage. Totally zero div os inspirations, rusty!

While I won’t waste a portion of my life playing Larian games, the mechanic of “resistance over 100% heals you” is at least as old as 1st ed ad&d. Not saying it isn’t cribbed by encased from Larian drivel, but FYI.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom