Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Remake from Saber Interactive

Frozen

Arcane
great coping

"Jokes aside, my wife is fucking Tyrone but at least she lets me watch"

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Do people seriously give a fuck about this turd at this point, debating turn-based and voiced protagonists? Will the Codex eat up anything?

purupuru

Learned
So how much are they going to re-write the story, how much are they going to add? FF7 remake adds bunch of shit and drag the games to be way too long than it should be, and it seems to be happening again.
They don't need to make 3 games out of KOTOR like SE did with FF7 and this is just a small remake studio, so I'd say they wouldn't bother doing that much work rewriting. Probably just adding a tranny here and there to boost the media scores.
Same reason I doubt it's gonna be a full-fledged action game like Fallen Order because making a game like that is neither easy nor cheap.

Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected
This was the shit cherry on a turd sundae.

Sam Maggs and the Grrl Power crew, deconstructing and reinventing KotOR into an SJW dumping ground. I fucking hate this timeline, and am damned near done with AAA media as a result, and especially anything involving the giant fucking Rat that is DisneyCorp.

This game is going to suffer because of their decisions, and I will enjoy the inevitable excuses and victimization BS that Maggs and Co will pull to cover their talentless, Hoover-inspired nepotism based, hypocritical moronic asses. This will go over like a lead balloon, and hopefully this human stain can wither into anonymity where she fucking belongs.

No, I'm not mad. Not at all. Why?

wahrk

Learned
The fact that this is a porting house with a brand new team makes me think this won’t be that drastic of a “re-imagining” but actually a fairly straightforward update of the original game. Obviously they’re going to add a voiced protagonist and action combat but I just don’t know how far they’ll go to implement those. People seem to think action combat will be an automatic upgrade from the original but I wouldn’t be too optimistic about what we’re going to get. Reinventing the entire game to have satisfying action combat seems a little too far outside the scope of what this probably is.

I don't particularly care what happens to this game. It's the possible sequel that I'm interested in what they will do with.

Hopefully nothing, honestly. Not with these writers at least. The second game could actually benefit the most from a remake but it would have to be the right people doing it, and Sam Maggs is definitely not on that list.

Dodo1610

Arcane
The best thing they could do is all the Kotor 2 retcons into Kotor. Malak and Raven both only wanted destruction in Kotor. But in Kotor 2 they changed in that Revan actually had plans for when the war was finished.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Also the odds that Disney will get Jeremy Soule back to do the music are nill after his rape and sexual harassment allegations from two years ago right?

In August 2019, Soule was accused of rape by game designer Nathalie Lawhead.
Nathalie_Lawhead_-_Independent_Games_Festival_-_2015_%28cropped%29.jpg
He was also accused of sexual harassment by vocalist Aeralie Brighton.
9edfeb3d4f719d0843bb899457e021bb.jpg
He denied the accusations, with no charges being filed.

:hmmm:

Crichton

Prophet
I can't imagine anything good will come of this; but I always thought they should have used the Jedi Outcast/Academy engine for KotOR. That engine plus a little of that command/control from games like SWAT or Mass Effect, could have been golden; too good for this timeline.

almondblight

Arcane
The combat is not going to be turn-based or RTwP, it's going to be pure real time action. End of story. Mainstream fags will get impressed by the visuals, we might have some faggots here as well trying to convince us to play it because of the eye-candy and then we're going to move on with our lives. No true CRPG fan will remember it.

Real time action would be an improvement over the RTwP in the KotoR series. Those games pretty much played themselves (NWN too, for that matter).

vibehunter

Learned
I tried to play this for the first time around 2015, I think. I just couldn't get into it.

I played it a long time ago and remember enjoying it. I tried another play through recently and got bored out of my mind. Once you’ve played a ton of better games you just can’t tolerate it as much I guess.

I tried to play this for the first time around 2015, I think. I just couldn't get into it.

I played it a long time ago and remember enjoying it. I tried another play through recently and got bored out of my mind. Once you’ve played a ton of better games you just can’t tolerate it as much I guess.

I didn't make it off the first planet. I imagine it gets better when you do, but I was very bored with the combat and the npcs in the areas didn't impress. I was also offput by the choice of being a bleeding heart or insane bully. The areas also suffered from the bland early 3D, which most amounted to glorified corridors. I may revisit it, but its low priority backlog.

Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected
It is a game that requires nostalgia and a lot of mods to still enjoy, and you are playing in story mode with the ridiculous gear you give yourself for cool factor.

No difficulty mod works well enough to justify trying to make the combat worth extending, just roflstomp and play for the mod content you like and the nostalgia of the journey.

So yeah, it isn't a game you pick up now as a casual and without modding the shit out of it, just enjoy as a basegame. Because it is old as fuck and was janky when it was made.

Prediction: HK-47 will be in Pacifist Mode by default, and will have small tits and a clitenis.

[HK-47]Assassination Protocol - Engaged.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
Prediction: HK-47 will be in Pacifist Mode by default, and will have small tits and a clitenis.

[HK-47]Assassination Protocol - Engaged.

:lol:
I can easily imagine the smug reveal of HK-47 as a fembot/trannybot. The ‘developers’ will denounce any criticism or mockery as reactionary obstructionism and Gaider, wiping away a tear, will glowingly announce that this is how he always envisioned HK-47 in his heart but didn’t have the stunning bravery to see it through.

Sykar

Arcane
Can't wait to see how much Bastila is trannyfied.
Star%2BWars%2BKnights%2Bof%2Bthe%2BOld%2BRepublic%2BBastila%2BShan%2BJedi%2BPrincess4.jpg

Going by recent trend of certain remakes...

I hope they'll do something about the whole "waste a shitton of levels on a non-Jedi class while on Taris". I know in theory we don't need to take any, but to be honest the arena duels seem daunting without at least a few.
Agreed, the idea of holding onto levelups until later(same deal with holding skillpoints/etc.,) is retarded.
:smug:

All they had to do is let us relevel from level 1 again and maybe let us retain the class skills from the old class.

Thankfully even in Disney Canon the character of Revan is male, so no "strong woman of colour" surprise awaits us.

Yes we have seen how that worked out for Luke Skywalker in the sequels. :lol:

Ghulgothas

Arcane
They will make it impossible for Juhani to be stuffed into the fridge and portray her as the Power Lesbian she was always meant to be.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I replayed Kotor 1, on my original Xbox, as soon as I finished my first playthrough, so I could play as darkside.

I think that's the only rpg I ever did this. The game was probably Bioware's masterpiece, more so than baldurs gate, mass effect or jade empire.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom