Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

ArchAngel

Arcane
I think Fighting Defensively is broken. Doesn't add AC.
it is dodge AC, if you lose that for any reason, you also lose it from defensive fighting.

It looks like the Dodge feat overwrites the bonus. I tested it. Seelah, level 2, no armor equipped, not in combat. Both times 14 AC.
Defensive fighting bonus only activates once you try to hit someone.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I think Fighting Defensively is broken. Doesn't add AC.
it is dodge AC, if you lose that for any reason, you also lose it from defensive fighting.

It looks like the Dodge feat overwrites the bonus. I tested it. Seelah, level 2, no armor equipped, not in combat. Both times 14 AC.
Defensive fighting bonus only activates once you try to hit someone.

That was it. Kinda weird but okay.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I just got Regill in my party, he is interesting but build is terrible. Too much Dex, terrible feats, focus on exotic weapon.. wtf
Not it's not. He's an excellent Hooked Hammer dual wielder that fucks demons all day long.
They gave him 18 dex which is not needed, fighters cannot turn Dex into damage and they gave him Fighter Finess when he already has weapon focus and weapon spec into specific weapon, total waste of feats. And no Dodge or Heavy Armor Focus.. how is he supposed to tank?! His DPS will always be worse than both Woljif or Wenduag and he is not a good tank either..

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Defensive fighting is bugged, sometimes it won’t activate for no reason, tested a lot when I was fighting the water elemental. Works more in RT, TB it’s more buggy.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I bet that comparing to Pierre he can actually win at least one fight in his own game.
I haven't played KotC yet. Or know anything about Pierre to respond there. But I know Sawyer, Avellone, Miyazaki and Blakemore, and many others that can totally beat their games just fine.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
When your gamplay sucks, and your encounters suck. I am not playing your game.
I'm starting to want to see Mishu-mishu play his own game on Core. Just to see his reaction to his own game.
Once I reached level 5, and finally had a party of 6, I didn't encounter serious difficulties on Core.

My problems were when I was still lvl 3-4 and my party consisted of 5 chars (of which my MC wizard was pretty much useless), because I shooed away Nanio and didn't get the tiefling. I thought he was gay but it turned out he just likes jewellery.
Wait till fucking gargolies attack you in tight area. It's really uneven as heck.
How tight are we talking about? :smug:

But seriously, I just got through the mountain pass in Reliable Redoubt. My party is lvl 6: MC Wizard, Paladindu, Spidergirl, Lestat wannabe (Daeran), Ember, Camellia. I cast a couple of buffs (Bless, I had the food buff from resting, and then spammed the Protective Luck ability with Camellia, didn't even need more buffs like Haste for example. I also cast Burning Arc a couple of times, it worked very well on the Gargoyles.
Cave with Regil, first of all, I got fucked by AI changing agro, second by pathfinding MC on Horse and all that, third you cant CC them with pits or grease. Oh, and inconsistency with party teleportation during dialog, sometimes game tp's them in a group sometimes it does not, that fucked over my back liners. But then on Chapel map boss was a pushover... WEIRD.
Yeah, the cave gargoyles combat is the first serious encounter with them. I'm currently looking for how to go through it.

It's good the game warns you multiple times about the kind of enemy you will be facing, but I didn't get the message to check gargoyles' stats and immunities online before going in. I would have changed some spell slots.

BTW I love this guy's reactions:

He also has one which is my favorite, playing Deadfire and reaches the flooded cave with the ancient lich battlemage on PotD.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
I forgot about Maugla while my resources were low. That was a fun surprise.

Parabalus

Arcane
Anyone know the order for the Titan rune in A4? Checking by walking is tedious.
:deathclaw:
What order? I just put it in every place and there was a fight and then nothing.

There are like 4-5 of them, rune upgrades every time, can only stick them in order.
:whatho:
The fuck? O only found 3,and i just went at it randomly and happened. The first was the slums,the the mid town and then the upper town. What a fucking buggy mess this one is. Did you find a way to get all the chests and loot on the rooftops ?

You have to dimension door to most of them, probably missed a few. Some insane items up there though, including a cheevo boss.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I just got Regill in my party, he is interesting but build is terrible. Too much Dex, terrible feats, focus on exotic weapon.. wtf
Not it's not. He's an excellent Hooked Hammer dual wielder that fucks demons all day long.
They gave him 18 dex which is not needed, fighters cannot turn Dex into damage and they gave him Fighter Finess when he already has weapon focus and weapon spec into specific weapon, total waste of feats. And no Dodge or Heavy Armor Focus.. how is he supposed to tank?! His DPS will always be worse than both Woljif or Wenduag and he is not a good tank either..

Yes they can.

Sunri

Liturgist
Damm i'm in the last chapter and some swigga stole my army from ch 3 thats unlucky also i see that a lot of hard fights can just be left to last chapter playful darkness blackwater all this shit caa be ignored lol also why no one is talking about swarm i'm thinking about making evil swarm/druid for second run any idea if the swarm works or is it in similar sytuation to lich?>

Mauman

Learned

There's an Axiomatic hook hammer coming up that'll allow Regill to Skullfuck demons all day long for the bulk of the game.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What even is this game. Red large dragon as random event while travelling the map. Kills half the team with one fire breath.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Clearly I am not the only person who has noticed the overtuned encounters, they happen even on Standard.
Well, that's the point.

"Overrrtooonndd enkowenteerzz" happen on Standard. On Core and higher people are cursing Owlcat or happily Desideriusing along. And then the first kind either drops the game or slowly transforms to the second.

This is brilliant design in my book. A complex CRPG should not be palyable without brain even on the easiest difficulty. And such games are one of the few ways to reveal functionally illiterate "westoid" (TM) morons.

Sunri

Liturgist
What even is this game. Red large dragon as random event while travelling the map. Kills half the team with one fire breath.
Just cast fire resistance and she will de 0 dmg what did you expected from dragon?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Clearly I am not the only person who has noticed the overtuned encounters, they happen even on Standard.
Well, that's the point.

"Overrrtooonndd enkowenteerzz" happen on Standard. On Core and higher people are cursing Owlcat or happily Desideriusing along. And then the first kind either drops the game or slowly transforms to the second.

This is brilliant design in my book. A complex CRPG should not be palyable without brain even on the easiest difficulty. And such games are one of the few ways to reveal functionally illiterate "westoid" (TM) morons.

Except there is nothing remotely intellectually challenging about "Find the one weak spot and pray to the RNG".

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just cast fire resistance and she will de 0 dmg what did you expected from dragon?

I did. Still it killed me. But that's beside the point. There is no flow to this game. Fucking dragon swoops down and annihilates the team. Great fun.

Parabalus

Arcane
Well, that's the point.

Except there is nothing remotely intellectually challenging about "Find the one weak spot and pray to the RNG".

Which encounters are those?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, that's the point.

intellectually challenging
:lol:

The purpose of this game is not to play it on hard difficulties but to seek out people on youtube who do and to laugh at their suffering.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Well, that's the point.

Which encounters are those?

Every boss encounter. The tactics from Kingmaker still apply, except they don't work as well now solely due to even more inflated stats on enemies. You still spam CC from outside their LoS and hope they fail their saves.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
There’s some stuff they didn’t finish in time like the spergs they are but game hangs together.
This is unacceptable to me. After the kickstarter they had. After what happened to Kingmaker on release. This is not a brand new studio anymore. These people know what they're doing.

I knew what I was doing (sort of) when I left my term paper until the night before it was due too. What I turned in was so good teacher let me finish it next day with appropriate points deducted but we still ended up publishing it.

Sometimes you don’t make the deadline. Happens. Not like you’ve got a long line of other great games you can afford to be that demanding for.

I mean I refunded Solasta on principle so knock yourself out if you want to do that. The Wokelism sucks ass. But as far as gameplay whatever man. A few things are missing bu game’s miles ahead of P:K.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

You’re going to laugh at yourself when you discover how wrong this is. Granted a good bit of that is due to his bugged weapon but with Leading Strike you end up with the same effect. As for waste of DEX have you ever heard of armor Training? Reduce Person?

Too many people been playing Armorless and don’t understand how the armor mechanics work.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom