Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Encased - isometric post-apocalyptic RPG under the dome

Supermedo

Augur
I bought the game when it was in early access but I didn't play it yet, all I want to know how buggy the game is, I learned my lesson from kingmaker and Wasteland 2, do I wait for enhanced edition or director cut for this game?

I don't mind if the game isn't balanced as long as there isn't game breaking bugs.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Has somebody a tip for the nashville tracker quest? I went there went to the trucks and could do nothing. I checked my box because I thought I may have forgotten a quest item or something but I did not and the log only says go there and put a tracker on a truck.

Its in your inventory. Looks like a small satellite dish, just place it on the ground in the north portion of the map, near the truck where a few of those humanoid enemies stand.

Quillon

Arcane
God damn this companions, after acquiring some jetpacks I went to nashwill sewers again but can't transition to blocked parking lot cos damned companion can't use jetpacks to come near the stairs... I had to dismiss the fuck.

Are there more areas with jump gated sections or this is a one off?

ed: found a secret passage that allowed the party to go near the stairs, reloaded a save :P still jet pack stuff needs a redesign, why the fuck it even has a cooldown

Last edited:

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Sure, you think the necroids are hard, but then fatigue.
Sure but I mean it's ridiculous (even for si-fi). And when ress go over 100 they start to heal from damage. Totally zero div os inspirations, rusty!

While I won’t waste a portion of my life playing Larian games, the mechanic of “resistance over 100% heals you” is at least as old as 1st ed ad&d. Not saying it isn’t cribbed by encased from Larian drivel, but FYI.

Larian were, interestingly, one of their top kickstarter backers and it shows in MANY areas of the game, most of them not good.

Convenient barrels placed around for environmental effects, the massive stacks of debuff attacks both from you and enemies, the tediously fucking long combat rounds with low damage attacks against HP sponges, and now the 'attacks heal you' crap. Why copy the worst parts of another game?

Mortmal

Arcane
So just got this, what is the recommened difficulty for a codexer? Is it some kind of russian tactical with absurdly hard overtuned encounters? Something like udnerrail with normal difficulty just fine ? or some western tactical rpg with no challenge if you put it to max ?

cpmartins

Cipher
I'm getting my ass kicked by the 4 or 3 mob groups in Nashville lvl 3, I mean hardcore. I get one turn and they they curbstomp my ass. If this is "easy" I don't know what's hard for you people. Sure I can skip them, but I'm MAN. A nerdy Guts 3 Muscle 1 man. I managed to get 2 down but I ran out of granades.

jackofshadows said:
I've finished and can say if that wasn't clear yet, after Magellan it's one massive downhill. Although a few creepy cool locations to explore which were there from alpha are also very good. All the new content however is rushed, extremely tedious and overall looks like if they didn't want to finish their work at all.
Anyone else having the same experience? Wondering if I should stop and do a Pathfinder and wait 6 months if this is the case.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
What's the least useful stats for uncovering content of game, from Cha-Int-Psy.
Cause Fortune proved to be useful for that lmao.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
If you care so much about getting all the possible outcomes in a single playthru just cheatengine everything to 10.

So just got this, what is the recommened difficulty for a codexer? Is it some kind of russian tactical with absurdly hard overtuned encounters? Something like udnerrail with normal difficulty just fine ? or some western tactical rpg with no challenge if you put it to max ?
It's been talked a lot on the last pages, but to sum it up: Play it for the C&C, combat offers no tactical depth nor challenge at the highest level. No need for build planning or metagaming, it's easy without any need for that. Still, very much recommended.

If this is "easy" I don't know what's hard for you people.
We're KOTC2 survivors, we laugh in the face of Death.

Vatnik Wumao
Using skills also costs fatigue, particularly if you're a psyker. This is on top of the normal drain.

Fatigue gain feels fine, it's just hunger/thirst gain and fatigue recovery from sleep feel too low. Not playing a psyker but I can only imagine they need to drink vast quantities of Energon.

One of the first Psionic skills is Castling, that allows to swap places with a target within 15 meters; it can be done companions out-of-combat too.
And there's a level 9 perk Invigorating Teleportation, that removes 500 fatigue on any teleport.
The combo of that perk and Castling effectively removes fatigue mechanic for a psyker.

Level 6. There is also Heat Sink for fire users. Personally I wont use it outside of combat.

Has anyone tried stacking fatigue on an enemy to use the head explosion skill? Seems like that's the actual use of heat sink but it's more trouble than its worth.

Mortmal

Arcane
If you care so much about getting all the possible outcomes in a single playthru just cheatengine everything to 10.

It's been talked a lot on the last pages, but to sum it up: Play it for the C&C, combat offers no tactical depth nor challenge at the highest level. No need for build planning or metagaming, it's easy without any need for that. Still, very much recommended.

If this is "easy" I don't know what's hard for you people.
We're KOTC2 survivors, we laugh in the face of Death.
Wouldnt want to read any spoiler thats why i ask, so far its pretty good, even combat. It's not worse than most fallout clones.

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.

Highly dependent on your build. Black Wing Machinegun build you can faceroll everything. White Wing Psi build or God forbid, a non-combat build of some kind and you will struggle mightily...

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
PSI? Struggle? I destroyed the Crab guy in the cave for Melvins leg in 1 round yesterday. :lol:
Let me guess you guys are not checking enemy resistance.

I'm not actually. So to play a PSI build I have to swap between 2-4 different gloves to be effective, is that what you are implying? Because that is fairly shit game design TBH. I'm fine w/ resistances but the way Psionics is setup w/ a different glove for every element + psi itself that is tedious AF, sorry.

CharacterNik

Novice
I agree with Sykar - playing full egghead scientist is very easy . Even without grenades and drugs it is easy. Strongest enemy so far are necroids.
edit. Just got U.R.S.U.L.A. my dick is hard.

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane
PSI? Struggle? I destroyed the Crab guy in the cave for Melvins leg in 1 round yesterday. :lol:
Let me guess you guys are not checking enemy resistance.

I'm not actually. So to play a PSI build I have to swap between 2-4 different gloves to be effective, is that what you are implying? Because that is fairly shit game design TBH. I'm fine w/ resistances but the way Psionics is setup w/ a different glove for every element + psi itself that is tedious AF, sorry.

Um you just check the resistances beforehand and equip accordingly, one glove for damage and the other for potential utility, like Tempest when you have companions for that juicy 3 round AP and damage boos. Not that this is different for other weapon classes. Others like High Tech Weapons also offer different damage types.

Sure, you think the necroids are hard, but then fatigue.
I've finished and can say if that wasn't clear yet, after Magellan it's one massive downhill.

Why it is downhill?

As nice as the vioce acting is overall, it is clear that it retarded the progress in adding content to later areas which are much less developed compared to Magellan. If they would have given me the choice I would have still preferred more content but then again it was not me but Koch Media, I believe, which was calling the shots.
I hope they are able to flesh out the latter parts after they are done ironing out the bugs and improve upon systems like stealth a little more. Game has great atmosphere, some nice C&C and combat is a step up from ATOM, though worse than Underrail, but the polish is seriously lacking.

Cromwell

Arcane
Um you just check the resistances beforehand and equip accordingly, one glove for damage and the other for potential utility

But that also means you need to have 4 gloves and keep them up to date. That is quite tedius I think.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Upgrading guns to higher tiers nets thousands of XP so why not.
But I use 2 guns & grenades.
Enemy resists sometimes make little sense or just lazy 60/60/60

Last edited:

Cromwell

Arcane
Is the rate of random trash fights in settlements tied to time or level? After the prologue and a while after I didnt even know this could happen now it happens almost always, and its fucking annoying

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom