Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mud'

Scholar
I know that is a long shot, but anyone remembers how much scrap and wire does the old guy need to repair his car?

For the life of me I cant find anything about it, already got his starter and all of that but he keeps asking for something else and the quest log doesn't say anything.

I just want this motherfucker to have something to do and drive off into happiness or some shit because that town sucks.

Mud'

Scholar
:negative:

• Starter
  • Carburetor
  • 17 metal scraps
  • 8 wires
  • A bottle of gasoline

Thanks, welp he did drive off into happiness and then got Uncle Ben'ed, God speed comrad :salute:

But god damn it I wanted a car and I am too much of a Jew to buy one, I have 25k and the cheapest one is like 12k.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
But god damn it I wanted a car and I am too much of a Jew to buy one, I have 25k and the cheapest one is like 12k.

There's a free one waiting for you, if your team is well equipped and ready for combat.

The quest involves a statue, you get it in the capital's main square.

I might be wrong but i think the car seller is a crook, i did paid him on my first unfinished playthrough and the only thing i remember is waiting a lot and getting nothing.

thesecret1

Arcane
About to finish my first playthrough, and decided to visit the Crater in Dead City. What awaited there was just...
:abyssgazer:
YY6bS9N.jpeg

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Wow that's really weird, it turned out I stopped getting notifications about people posting into this thread I thought dead for a long time. Good thing you're still playing you guys! Thanks! And thanks for answering each other's questions before I even noticed!!!
BUT!

This game worth getting on gog?

If you have a itch for classic Fallout, hell yes it is, it doesn't have a Steam Workshop and honestly that is the only reason i ever buy stuff on Steam, also is cheap as hell and i am honestly considering buying the support package just cause i love this damn game so much.
Thank you very much dude! But we do have workshop, there are even mods for the original ATOM RPG, even this huge story mod with a story and shiet.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Wow that's really weird, it turned out I stopped getting notifications about people posting into this thread I thought dead for a long time.

Did you mark the thread as "watched" ?
Just under the poll on the right side.

It seems the thread watch system changed a while back, every thread you used to answer to was watched and now, you have to mark them, there was an option when the change happened to keep all the thread watched or not, I think, It could have fucked your "watch list".

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Wow that's really weird, it turned out I stopped getting notifications about people posting into this thread I thought dead for a long time.

It seems the thread watch system changed a while back, every thread you used to answer to was watched and now, you have to mark them, there was an option when the change happened to keep all the thread watched or not, I think, It could have fucked your "watch list".
Now it says it's watched, but I dunno whether it was watched before I posted today. But today's notifications all come to me! I can now revel in them. Thank you!

Sykar

Arcane
Only way for me to play ATOM RPG these days is with the improved ability tree mod which gives fixed costs of 1,2,3 and 4 depending on how far the abilities are away from the middle. The original system is horrid.

thesecret1

Arcane
Well, finished the playthrough. Pretty good - it really reminded me of Fallout, both in terms of gameplay and story.

Wish the economy was better so that I had something to buy with the 180k rubles I ended the game with, and I found that many quests and even the main story ended rather anticlimatically. Aside from that though, I didnt have any gripes worth mentioning. It really is one of the few great RPGs of recent years. Looking forward to the sequel

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Only way for me to play ATOM RPG these days is with the improved ability tree mod which gives fixed costs of 1,2,3 and 4 depending on how far the abilities are away from the middle. The original system is horrid.
Well, finished the playthrough. Pretty good - it really reminded me of Fallout, both in terms of gameplay and story.

Wish the economy was better so that I had something to buy with the 180k rubles I ended the game with, and I found that many quests and even the main story ended rather anticlimatically. Aside from that though, I didnt have any gripes worth mentioning. It really is one of the few great RPGs of recent years. Looking forward to the sequel
Both tree and economy received huge updates in Trudograd!
Though economy still makes some folks pose questions like what do I do with all that spare cash, but not as much as in Atom, and trading will be a bit more deep with all sorts of filters and we'll eventually screw on a meter that shows which wares the merchants WANTS to buy so he's giving you a good price, and which ones he will only buy at lower than avg market price, etc. Plus a lot more really expensive things. At one time you can even skip a huge chunk of the main quest by paying 120k or something along these lines, I don't remember the number exactly :o though that option is a fun&gameplay murdering deviancy, it's still possible and Sort Of lets you waste all those extra rubles...

thesecret1

Arcane
I think the problem wasnt the rate at which I accumulated the money, but the lack of things to spend it all on. Not only were vendor offers level scaled (so they rarely had anything I didnt own already), but they even had shit quantity of things like bullets or drugs. I walk to the arms dealer figuring I need some 200 9mm bullets, and the dude proudly shows me he has 10. It was usually more worthwhile to just farm bullets from enemies. Really, the game felt like it was geared towards mainly getting your stuff from the things you kill, but that then just utterly devalues the value of money in the game.

Now, on the flipside of things, I think the idea of refusing quest rewards and getting extra exp instead was pretty great.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Now it says it's watched, but I dunno whether it was watched before I posted today. But today's notifications all come to me! I can now revel in them. Thank you!
If you miss checking a notification it won't notify you again until you go see all the new posts in the thread.

Mud'

Scholar
Thank you very much dude! But we do have workshop, there are even mods for the original ATOM RPG, even this huge story mod with a story and shiet.

There is? Hot damn I didn't knew, i did end up buying the supporter pack + base game in GoG after playing the game in Android, there is just something that feels so good about playing the game at work and going home to keep playing my save file.

Is there any plans to port Trudograd too? If not I would still buy that shit when I finish the base game , the build up for that place is pretty good.

There's a free one waiting for you, if your team is well equipped and ready for combat.

The quest involves a statue, you get it in the capital's main square.

I might be wrong but i think the car seller is a crook, i did paid him on my first unfinished playthrough and the only thing i remember is waiting a lot and getting nothing.

Yeah I saw it in the scrap yard, however I didn't feel like it was moral to kill the mutants, those fuckers are circlejerking around scrap and that car but they haven't done anything bad.

After killing the guy with the VSS and that one Caravan that almost costed me my save file because I got hunted to hell and back, I kinda decided that my character would not kill out of greed anymore, shit is fucked in the wasteland.

I think the problem wasnt the rate at which I accumulated the money, but the lack of things to spend it all on. Not only were vendor offers level scaled (so they rarely had anything I didnt own already), but they even had shit quantity of things like bullets or drugs. I walk to the arms dealer figuring I need some 200 9mm bullets, and the dude proudly shows me he has 10. It was usually more worthwhile to just farm bullets from enemies. Really, the game felt like it was geared towards mainly getting your stuff from the things you kill, but that then just utterly devalues the value of money in the game.

Now, on the flipside of things, I think the idea of refusing quest rewards and getting extra exp instead was pretty great.

This I do agree with, it felt like the OG Wasteland/ Fallout 1 games because I do have money, but the things I need are not there in the store.

I mean I know I can't be poping a Painkiller and that drug that gives you +1 AG or AP but I don't have any chance to even buy them, I mean It makes sense because is post apoc, but still.

Also thank god that I found that the nurse sells men perfume and a guy who sells joints, now I can woo all the farmer's daughtesr I can find.

Alphons

Cipher
Yeah I saw it in the scrap yard, however I didn't feel like it was moral to kill the mutants, those fuckers are circlejerking around scrap and that car but they haven't done anything bad.

You can buy the entire scrapyard. Requires around 120 Barter and 100k.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Both tree and economy received huge updates in Trudograd!
Though economy still makes some folks pose questions like what do I do with all that spare cash, but not as much as in Atom, and trading will be a bit more deep with all sorts of filters and we'll eventually screw on a meter that shows which wares the merchants WANTS to buy so he's giving you a good price, and which ones he will only buy at lower than avg market price, etc. Plus a lot more really expensive things. At one time you can even skip a huge chunk of the main quest by paying 120k or something along these lines, I don't remember the number exactly :o though that option is a fun&gameplay murdering deviancy, it's still possible and Sort Of lets you waste all those extra rubles...

I thought the economy was good enough in ATOM, early on, you can barely buy anything and even mid-game, depending on your party size and barter skill, it's not that easy to buy everything you want.
Of course, there is always the options to trade heavy goods for expensive but light ones and that's what unbalances the system but it still takes a lot of time both from looting, picking the right items and trading for lighter ones whenever traders run out of cash.

Dead city is what fucks the economy real good.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
All the fallout like games suffer from the same problems like the original fallout. Poor economy because it is a loot fest,become too easy after a few hours of gameplay,and repetitive combat.

oscar

Arcane
My unarmed solo build is kicking serious ass so far (destroyed the Blind Beast at level 5 with the help of stims, haven't even been to Krasnoznamenny yet). I'm assuming it got a big buff at some point because all the old guides and posts say that it's useless but I'm finding combat far easier than my earlier rifle and melee ones (unless it drops off hard in late game). I've had 99% hit chance on everything the entire game too (playing on normal). The free criticals until you take damage perk seems pretty amazing. You also get great stats because you can happily dump on attention and luck.

Mud'

Scholar
Just reached the Dead City since every quest I have points me there and I thought "since this was an update, it's probably a small new map with some main quests"

I was not prepare for the change of tone and the metro, this damn game keeps on giving.

Time to batman it up with the murder shit.

Also, spoiler free if you can but, I kinda did kill the guys in the Bunker because the guy with green eyes was shady as fuck and tried to brain rape me, also I shot the glowing mushroom because fuck that fungus.

So yeah, I am not sure if I fucked up or not.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Just reached the Dead City since every quest I have points me there and I thought "since this was an update, it's probably a small new map with some main quests"

I was not prepare for the change of tone and the metro, this damn game keeps on giving.

Time to batman it up with the murder shit.

Also, spoiler free if you can but, I kinda did kill the guys in the Bunker because the guy with green eyes was shady as fuck and tried to brain rape me, also I shot the glowing mushroom because fuck that fungus.

So yeah, I am not sure if I fucked up or not.
Yes we made it really big wit a lot of quests! AND you didn't fuck up it's all okay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom