Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter We need more buttons

I don't support adding the "sheeeeeeeeeiiiit" button. Racism is better when it occurs organically, not when the staff are officially encouraging it.
It is lame. I've always admired the Codex's stance on "anything goes" moderation, but this shows a heavy bias. Like, you walk in the door and it's "Here's your white hood and your cross burning kit, you don't have to wear it if you don't want to, that's free speech!"

Consider the difference between "Codex has many racist users" and "Codex is a racist site". All those people you think are dumb for saying it's a racist site? They were just proved right.

Agree. Already too many shitposters from GD are spamming RPG discussion threads, making finding valuable posts more difficult with each passing day. Why encourage such behaviors? I signed up for RPG Codex, not GD Codex. We don't need more shitposters immigrating to Codex. We already have some users that are Bethesdatards and think Fallout 4 is good. Do you want more to come here? I came here exactly to run away from people who thinks Skyrim is a pinnacle of RPG design. And those are people this new button will bring.

So, yeah I think that button should be removed.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Sheeeit: Feels very tacky and out of place.
More than that, it feels mean-spirited. Mean-spirited and directed at people from a certain part of the world. I actually like being exposed to all the good and bad speech on this site because in my day to day I am in a cultural bubble, and in a lot of ways the voices on this site remind me of my roots growing up in a small rural setting where people debated cultural issues constantly. That’s a healthy debate that I unfortunately don’t get often IRL any longer.

The new button is not good, and actually makes me a bit ashamed to browse the site. And the solution isn’t to add equivalents for all ethnotypes.

Mean-spirited and out of place for the codex is my verdict.

ps fish and math suck too but most buttons do so it’s just more of the same.

agris

Arcane
Patron
As a whole, society does not need to further dwell on race and differences. It already dominates almost all conversations, to the detriment of policies and politics that would help the most people.

the current racialized status quo benefits one group the most over all else: the wealthy elite.

Caim

Arcane
Maybe the SHEEEEIIIITTT button is just a way for DU to filter out those who would use it, then ban all of them to clean up the Codex.

I seem to be lacking a notable number of buttons including slam dunk, kitty, m'lady, quality shit and the likes. How do I get those that I'm missing? Do I need to buy Skyrim again?
You need to become DU's paypig.
I'm not sure, but maybe participating in fundraisers work too?
Codex DLC? At least Something Awful has the decency to have a one-time purchase cost.

Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected
The buttons are lower quality, graphically, compared to all of their elder peers. I like the Count, versatile but also has a numeric purpose. Somebody thinks he's gay... what a fucking assclown child, or a foreign buttnugget without an ounce of civilization in you. Christ.
Fishy, excellent. Scaled poorly, but this is a good button for peasants like me.

The sheeit is a new elephant in the room. And I don't mean the button. Feels like somebody on the management team felt they needed to wave their moron card proud and wide, classy fellas. Which one of you has a wife getting fucked by Tyrone? Pathetic.

Can't handle the bacon

Fishy needs to be smaller, sheeeit needs to be removed, and math needs to be explained to me because I still have no clue what it's supposed to mean.

fork

The sheeeeiiit button is just in bad taste, edginess taken too far. The fish is cute.

Disagree, the sheeiit button is the only one worth adding, well, maybe the fish for the pussy crowd, like someone else suggested earlier. The count/math one is just useless and ugly. The main problem though is that they're all too large, low quality and somewhat blurry on top. They don't fit in!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom