Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Technomancer

Liturgist
No info on wiki
Fextra is wiki in name only. Ugly as sin, shoving ads in your face to make money on the traffic, it sprouts its ugly heads chasing what's new but no one wants to invest their time in that shit so they are always half empty, filled with dead links and superficially filled with minimal information just enough to trick you and stay on the site for a while.

I wonder if the writing is as cringy in russian as it is in english.
Someone shared to me that they used the word "smirk" when describing a lich with a bare skull in english version, while in russian the word is more like sneer.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Bring non-Good characters. Main challenge is SR (you can use high DC Slow scrolls or just Rainbow Pattern if you can get through that). Make sure you’ve got Relic and robe from Wolj.

Or just buff and slay. They can’t hit much without Smite. Bookworm Headband on Wolj is good.

Glitterdust bypasses SR. Does Cloud?
If SR is Spell Resistance then yes. But it's too little too late. I get swarmed by the final two waves.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Anyone know the order for the Titan rune in A4? Checking by walking is tedious.
:deathclaw:
What order? I just put it in every place and there was a fight and then nothing.

There are like 4-5 of them, rune upgrades every time, can only stick them in order.
:whatho:
The fuck? O only found 3,and i just went at it randomly and happened. The first was the slums,the the mid town and then the upper town. What a fucking buggy mess this one is. Did you find a way to get all the chests and loot on the rooftops ?

The order is

Get rune from market
Slums rune
House of Ardent Dreams rune
Upper City rune
Behind house of Ardent dreams, leads to Hidden Abode

Notable loot is Tome of Leadership and Influence, as in BG, and Cold Iron.
Well good for you,i did the battles didn't get the loot. It is pretty weird area,expecting people to have a shitty mid tier magic to get loot is weird. Maybe they should have given you a hint,like the bartender offering you a scroll of the spell for a price,saying that it will help you mover around the city. Also noticed that most people haven't even noticed that rotating cameras will open shit for them lol. Pretty bad design,still the best part of the game.

There's a full screen tutorial popup when you enter it for the first time, for the camera rotations.

There's also a wand of DD in C2, you can use that. Also skips a lot of the tedious rotations, I just have Nenio scribe 10 DD there.
Imagine playing with tutorials on....sad. It is dumb decision,such things are better implement as a fluent story elements,not a retarded pop ups that take you out of the game. Also tutorials were broken lol. I put them all on off but still got plenty of hint spam.

This isn't the popup on the right, it's a full screen one. Doubt you can turn it off.
Nah,owlcat game...didn't pop up for me.

frajaq

Erudite
this bitch is completely insane I advise each and every single one of you to kill her the first opportunity you get

CvcZMMj.png

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
How do you get through the Leper's Smile swarms on Core? They are resistant to fire damage for some reason, and when my acid flasks run out, there is little chance of killing them with regular attacks without sustaining much damage.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
this bitch is completely insane I advise each and every single one of you to kill her the first opportunity you get

CvcZMMj.png
I just told her to chill out and she tried to eat me,so i made her in to french cheese. The companions are really shit,they make zero sense to the setting. For me this is one of the worst RPGs ever made because it squandered a very good setting and fill it with garbage sjw shit and nonsensical writing just to push an agenda. 90% of companions have no place in an actual crusader setting,and they fucked the other 10% too.

GrainWetski

Arcane
How do you get through the Leper's Smile swarms on Core? They are resistant to fire damage for some reason, and when my acid flasks run out, there is little chance of killing them with regular attacks without sustaining much damage.
Flame Strike + Volcanic Storm just deleted them for me.

You should be able to just tank and hit them, though. Try turn-based as it might be easier.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
hit ESC-setting-difficulty-set enemy to moderately bellow normal attributes-press apply-press accept-hit ESC again.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Blunt damage, or divine damage. And you just tank.
That's interesting. The game tells you piercing and slashing is halved, but never tells you blunt works normally.

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
sure feels great being the only lich with a con score that is able to get put down by a wail of the banshee. thanks for the opportunity to beta test this for 50.

Parabalus

Arcane
Fun Bug:

If you Vital Strike and trigger Cleaving Finish, it Cleaves the Vital strike instead of a regular attack.

With an enlarged reach weapon you do 1k a pop to everyone around.

panda

Savant
Yeah, Haplo posted screens of his magus doing that in Kingmaker.
I wonder if it also works with lvl 19 2H fighter ability.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I just told her to chill out and she tried to eat me,so i made her in to french cheese. The companions are really shit,they make zero sense to the setting. For me this is one of the worst RPGs ever made because it squandered a very good setting and fill it with garbage sjw shit and nonsensical writing just to push an agenda. 90% of companions have no place in an actual crusader setting,and they fucked the other 10% too.
What is nonsensical about a few characters that just want Power to do what they do best - killing? Wenduag and Camellia in particular seem to just be along for the ride, and would betray you at a moments notice. Wenduag actually softens up later into the game, to the point where she's starting to see the error of her ways. Camellia stays the sociopathic murder chick sidekick, and honestly, it's not like you're not leaving behind hundreds of corpses in your wake, or killing people just because they might have good loot. She fits perfectly into a setting where theres lots of pointless bloodshed and violence, because that's what demons do.

sure feels great being the only lich with a con score that is able to get put down by a wail of the banshee. thanks for the opportunity to beta test this for 50.
Just because you pick the Lich path, doesn't make you a lich. The actual transformation doesn't happen until later in the game, at which point you lose your con-score and get HP based on CHA, just like any other of your undead companions.

While most of your companions leave when you turn into a swarm that walks, based on your previous Mythic Path choice one of your companions will not escape your clutches.

Aivu's little face is a picture of sadness, her tail trembles a little, probably because of her anxiousness. "Look what happened! I've become little again! And there's almost no magic left in me... That's because all of it was coming from you!"

Aivu shuffles her paws nervously, the tip of her tail trembles, and her eyes are filled with tears. "You are not my friend anymore! You've changed so much! Aranka and the other friends of yours don't want to know you anymore, too. And I am going to fly home, to Elysium! And don't you even try to ask me to stay — I feel so sad because of you, I'll cry for another month, or maybe even a year!""

Eat her.

With a startled shriek, the little dragon tries to flee, but it's too late — the swarm is all around her like an ever-hungry living cloud. An instant later, nothing remains of a little Elysium's messenger, except for the fleeting sense of fullness.

AwesomeButton

Patron
I have no access to Flame Strike, but switching to blunt weapons worked. It's actually easier in RTWP.

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
Just because you pick the Lich path, doesn't make you a lich. The actual transformation doesn't happen until later in the game, at which point you lose your con-score and get HP based on CHA, just like any other of your undead companions.
no, you don't smartass, that is the point. i completed the ritual, got immediately in a fight, and got killed by a wail of the banshee from my own undead silver dragon.

Parabalus

Arcane
While most of your companions leave when you turn into a swarm that walks, based on your previous Mythic Path choice one of your companions will not escape your clutches.

After you devour the queen, can you still chose not to become a swarm? Asking so I know how late I can have a save.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
no, you don't smartass, that is the point. i completed the ritual, got immediately in a fight, and got killed by a wail of the banshee from my own undead silver dragon.
Thats insanely dumb then, considering that the Grave Guards do get the Con->Cha change applied to them, despite some of them having non-undead versions like Staunton.

Guess you could fix it by giving yourself the undead creature special ability with toybox. String for it is 8a75eb16bfff86949a4ddcb3dd2f83ae, just add it as a Fact for your Main Character . It won't give the Cha to HP benefits, but it'll apply all the undead immunities.

5517766798.jpg

After you devour the queen, can you still chose not to become a swarm? Asking so I know how late I can have a save.

Yes, it is a choice you have to make later in the game. Theres a few steps to unlock it, one of them requires a 14day research into the swarm after you deal with Xanthir Vang, and you can simply choose to not pick that path once you get to switch to the "late-game" paths during the end-game.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Playing more of the crusading system. Yea, so you get magic vendor trash only to sell so you can buy points for troops, just like how artisans and vendor trash worked in KM for build points.. Just the same boring gimmick twice

Parabalus

Arcane
Yes, it is a choice you have to make later in the game. Theres a few steps to unlock it, one of them requires a 14day research into the swarm after you deal with Xanthir Vang, and you can simply choose to not pick that path once you get to switch to the "late-game" paths during the end-game.

Yeah I did that, just started A5 and ate the Vescavor queen. So I can keep going, good to know.

Ah it's just a few minutes later, still worth it.

Playing more of the crusading system. Yea, so you get magic vendor trash only to sell so you can buy points for troops, just like how artisans and vendor trash worked in KM for build points.. Just the same boring gimmick twice

There's a lot of items to spend gold on in A4 and A5. And the beginning of A5 Wolfij sells something great for 300k etc.

AwesomeButton

Patron
I can place my MC literally at the other side of the map, and swarms will ignore my fighters to go and chase him. Even CDPR couldn't come up with an AI as bad as this.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
I can place my MC literally at the other side of the map, and swarms will ignore my fighters to go and chase him. Even CDPR couldn't come up with an AI as bad as this.
I think that's actually designed that way, specifically. There's a reason they have a hard-on for the MC during Lepers Smile.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Bring non-Good characters. Main challenge is SR (you can use high DC Slow scrolls or just Rainbow Pattern if you can get through that). Make sure you’ve got Relic and robe from Wolj.

Or just buff and slay. They can’t hit much without Smite. Bookworm Headband on Wolj is good.

Glitterdust bypasses SR. Does Cloud?
If SR is Spell Resistance then yes. But it's too little too late. I get swarmed by the final two waves.

If they're Blind then what is the issue?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom