Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Efe

Erudite
maybe its because I didnt steal spirits whip but wintersun seemed a lot less harder than last beta

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
BTW, on Core, there is an initial attack by 3 swarms, then at least two more pairs appear, for a total of 7. Because hardcore!
Yeah that's like "the wrong route". They want you to go straight north to the queen as fast as possible. Since looting kills your troop, unless you really want the loot there is little point in exploring the place before you kill the queen.
I realize now that I should have taken the route straight north, through the "royal guard".

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
It's worth noting that I haven't encountered the advice to use blunt weapons anywhere I've looked when people have been complaining about swarms :)
Swarms are different. Spider swarms which made out of "miniscule" creatures cannot be attacked directly at all. While the size of the creatures increases swarms become more vulnerable; swarms of ravens in Varnhold's Lot were perfectly vulnerable to common weapons.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
It bears pointing out that the same people who are defending this game or "see nothing wrong with it" are also defending PoE.
I told you. I warned you about decline.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
On that note, any way for 24h Haste without Lich?
If you can get the haste to last more than 5 minutes with extends and whatever else you can think of, you might be able to use the mythic feats to get it to last 24 hours.

That’s a meme. It’s great with min/lvl buffs but even with Merged book and Extend you’re not getting there until very late.

Desiderius

Patron
It's worth noting that I haven't encountered the advice to use blunt weapons anywhere I've looked when people have been complaining about swarms :)
Swarms are different. Spider swarms which made out of "miniscule" creatures cannot be attacked directly at all. While the size of the creatures increases swarms become more vulnerable; swarms of ravens in Varnhold's Lot were perfectly vulnerable to common weapons.

The Tick Swarms in Giant Cave are Immune to weapons. Rat Swarms in Lab are vulnerable to Holy.

I saddens my heart that some people on Codex cannot see the difference between a novel daring game which started the "RPG renaissance" and dull and unimaginative continuation.
Thank you anon! You are a good anon!
mZiWu7m.png

Desiderius

Patron
BTW, on Core, there is an initial attack by 3 swarms, then at least two more pairs appear, for a total of 7. Because hardcore!
Yeah that's like "the wrong route". They want you to go straight north to the queen as fast as possible. Since looting kills your troop, unless you really want the loot there is little point in exploring the place before you kill the queen.

Should be more obvious which way that is.

ArchAngel

Arcane
So in mid of Act 2 I already got 3 magical armors for horses but no horses to buy... these russian devs need to get off their vodka...

Desiderius

Patron
How does the switch to Seelah to a Bard even work anyway, if I wanted to do that

Take (Dirge) Bard levels instead of Pal. It’s fine but not stronger than just Pal in this setting. I guess if you’re getting immunities from Angel could decent. Skald kind of busted currently and lets her wear Medium.

Desiderius

Patron
Folks you can build a Bard. You don’t need to go running to the ckickbaiters.

Parabalus

Arcane
On that note, any way for 24h Haste without Lich?
If you can get the haste to last more than 5 minutes with extends and whatever else you can think of, you might be able to use the mythic feats to get it to last 24 hours.

That’s a meme. It’s great with min/lvl buffs but even with Merged book and Extend you’re not getting there until very late.

You can do that with Lich, with the CL increase it's straightforward, wondering if there is another combination which hits it. Lich gets it in Act 4.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Some really neat CnC from the game. Spoiler for Aeon path:
If you go to the past and save Staunton Vhane his brother will show up in the capitol and sell you some unique loot. So far he was the first one selling Heavy Barding I've met.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom