Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Anyone managed to be trickster? How is it? Sucks or its ok?
Also can someone explain me why during the crusade minigame sometimes it sends me back to the map before I am defeated or the enemies is?

covr

Prophet
Patron
There's something I do not understand. I play as crossblooded sorcerer 12 INT and 20 CHA, level 6. And I still do not have possibility to cast 3rd lv spells; I can cast 8 spells of 1st level and 6 spells of 2nd level. Have I fucked up my build? I thought that all sorcerers except sage subclass need Charisma. If this piece of shit is depended on INT to unlock 3rd level spells and beyond I will have my whole week ruined.

Thonius

Arcane
There's something I do not understand. I play as crossblooded sorcerer 12 INT and 20 CHA, level 6. And I still do not have possibility to cast 3rd lv spells; I can cast 8 spells of 1st level and 6 spells of 2nd level. Have I fucked up my build? I thought that all sorcerers except sage subclass need Charisma. If this piece of shit is depended on INT to unlock 3rd level spells and beyond I will have my whole week ruined.
Press C - Class - and take a look at the progression chart. I think cross bloodied got fewer spells to cast, maybe it delays spell prog too?

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
It’s snowing, so many ghouls, so many gargoyles…

and the framerate is the worst part
:negative:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Eh, while her portrait is black and uh black VO she is not really jarring or "ethnic" ( read nigger). In fact, there is a mod on nexus to turn her white, lol. She is kind of bland paladin type so far, which can be nice probably depending on your outlook, oh yeah sure she's got criminal background but whatever, ember and woljif are too, came from the dregs of society.
Our post-Soviet internationalistic background blinds us. In fact, judging only by this thread Americans are so racist that I am starting to understand BLM now.
Maybe! I mean she is black-skinned that's it. She's got trickery and stealth proficiency tho which is sus. But so far she looks like she is just a reformed criminal ( more like an orphan) that grew in the war-torn city.
Maybe it's because I'm not forced to live with them? Sure we got Churkas, but they are rather different I believe.

I regret Seelah is not made bard
so she could twerk on your face?
Eh, while her portrait is black and uh black VO she is not really jarring or "ethnic" ( read nigger). In fact, there is a mod on nexus to turn her white, lol. She is kind of bland paladin type so far, which can be nice probably depending on your outlook, oh yeah sure she's got criminal background but whatever, ember and woljif are too, came from the dregs of society.

I was tired of seeing her weird nigger flathead portrait and hearing her ghetto ass voice within 10 minutes. Blacks lower the value of everything they are in.
VO is not consistent across the board, got it ups and downs. She is down. Anyhow you can reduce the frequency of barks in the options menu.

I live with regular blax about fifty fifty they’re fine. Only BLM march in my area was a bunch of rich white dorks. Media likes to stir shit so highlights the assholes.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The Sorceror is CHA-based for spells and casting, and should have 3 3rd level spells at lvl 6. You don't have levels in other classes, right?

Drawbacks
A crossblooded sorcerer has one fewer spell known at each level (including cantrips) than is presented on Table: Sorcerer Spells Known.

Furthermore, the conflicting urges created by the divergent nature of the crossblooded sorcerer’s dual heritage forces her to constantly take some mental effort just to remain focused on her current situation and needs. This leaves her with less mental resolve to deal with external threats. A crossblooded sorcerer always takes a –2 penalty on Will saves.

Desiderius

Patron
Press C - Class - and take a look at the progression chart. I think cross bloodied got fewer spells to cast, maybe it delays spell prog too?

The price of falling for the meme. It’s all clickbait.

Desiderius

Patron
The Sorceror is CHA-based for spells and casting, and should have 3 3rd level spells at lvl 6. You don't have levels in other classes, right?

Drawbacks
A crossblooded sorcerer has one fewer spell known at each level (including cantrips) than is presented on Table: Sorcerer Spells Known.

Furthermore, the conflicting urges created by the divergent nature of the crossblooded sorcerer’s dual heritage forces her to constantly take some mental effort just to remain focused on her current situation and needs. This leaves her with less mental resolve to deal with external threats. A crossblooded sorcerer always takes a –2 penalty on Will saves.

Spell progression also one behind last time I tested it.

Should I have more than one active general? So Far, leveling a single general seems overall more effective, at least for Chapter 2. should I start to level a second one?

frajaq

Erudite
im praying to GOD the next owlcat games dont have side-gimmicks like Kingdom/Crusade Management, holy shit it just becomes a slog

Reinhardt

Arcane
So looks like Ember is really loli Jesus. Maybe next i will play as party of crusaders whose mission is to protect her while she walks into Abyss. No companions besides Ember. Just 5 crusaders. Some english longbowman, some priest, hedge knight, sergeant and yuge russian orthodox druzhinnik.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Maybe! I mean she is black-skinned that's it. She's got trickery and stealth proficiency tho which is sus. But so far she looks like she is just a reformed criminal ( more like an orphan) that grew in the war-torn city.
Maybe it's because I'm not forced to live with them? Sure we got Churkas, but they are rather different I believe.

I don't mind Seelah that much, but I have a soft spot for Paladins in general. My biggest complaint is just how naïve she is for a full fledged Paladin. She had a shitty life and made a mistake, then chose to work her way up. That's commendable. What isn't, is her blind belief that anyone can, and is willing, to redeem themselves (like herself). Especially since she isn't a dumb fuckwit that worships Shelyn, but Iomedae. As a Paladin she's supposed to have a healthy sense of when someone has gone off the deep-end or when someone is redeemable.

It also doesn't help that she's constantly, openly, mentioning how unsure she is of herself. How the hell is she supposed to be an inspiration to others as a Paladin? Bitch, you got 15 charisma, act like it! To me, it feels like she should've started as a plain lawful good fighter that is elevated to Paladin (or not) depending on her personal quest.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane

Drawbacks

i am dying here

and your class is also so anime cringe u suffer minus to will for playing it!

Mortmal

Arcane
So looks like Ember is really loli Jesus. Maybe next i will play as party of crusaders whose mission is to protect her while she walks into Abyss. No companions besides Ember. Just 5 crusaders. Some english longbowman, some priest, hedge knight, sergeant and yuge russian orthodox druzhinnik.
Ember has a more significant ending than your main char...

purupuru

Learned
BTW, on Core, there is an initial attack by 3 swarms, then at least two more pairs appear, for a total of 7. Because hardcore!
Yeah that's like "the wrong route". They want you to go straight north to the queen as fast as possible. Since looting kills your troop, unless you really want the loot there is little point in exploring the place before you kill the queen.

Should be more obvious which way that is.
Well I actually think the "royal guard" is a fair enough hint. Although I did end up losing my sense of direction due to the rotating camera...

Desiderius

Patron

Drawbacks

i am dying here

I think they like to fuck with the clickbaiters almost as much as I do.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Well I actually think the "royal guard" is a fair enough hint. Although I did end up losing my sense of direction due to the rotating camera...
It was happening constantly to me too, until I learned to regularly press the F1 key or click the compass/clock.

BTW the queen itself was such a pushover compared to the swarms, it's unbelievable. Imagine this in PnP - the players would have been baffled.

But anyway, it was a great dungeon sequence. Well-ported from PnP logic, has proper motivation for the party to be going in, dangles a prize, but also a price for getting it, time pressure, just RPG all the way.

Desiderius

Patron
Should I have more than one active general? So Far, leveling a single general seems overall more effective, at least for Chapter 2. should I start to level a second one?

I have three in ch 3 and like it since it gives me a place to put all these troops and can tailor different set ups for different foes. Burn for Undead, healing plus high HP vs enemy Sorc generals.

Ranger starts with Confusion (Flare). I didn’t start second one until ch 3 but if you can spare the 6K wouldn’t be bad while you still have some easy fights to train on.

Desiderius

Patron
It was happening constantly to me too, until I learned to regularly press the F1 key or click the compass/clock.

BTW the queen itself was such a pushover compared to the swarms, it's unbelievable. Imagine this in PnP - the players would have been baffled.

But anyway, it was a great dungeon sequence. Well-ported from PnP logic, dangling a prize, but also a price for getting it, time pressure, just RPG all the way.

I never really figured swarms out in P:K either but they’re not intended to be that hard, especially here.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
lol, Owlcat be like, "We hear you like swarms."

Sadistic bastards :)

Pretty epic stuff though, you can just picture your wee guys running around in panic going momentarily insane from the demonic bug slime extravaganza :)

Regill is the MVP here though, he just keeps plugging away with his whirly gnome hammer thingy (how do those things work by the way? I can never picture them in my mind) while the others contribute when they recover their senses now and then.

Desiderius

Patron
lol, Owlcat be like, "We hear you like swarms."

Sadistic bastards :)

Pretty epic stuff though, you can just picture your wee guys running around in panic going momentarily insane from the demonic bug slime extravaganza :)

These swarms take half damage instead of no damage and don't drain stats so I think AwesomeButton is having PTSD or something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom