Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Thonius

Arcane
That's not a settlement, that just your army camp. After you free Kenabres those little towers you can liberate should turn into villages.
Alright, so in the case of Kenabres (which unless you are referring to some later on invasion that I have to deal with, then I've already liberated by starting chapter 2), what am I supposed to be clicking on? If I click on the fort icon, I just get the option to move my army there.
YS65zl3.png
Hire a lot of hellknights and archers, get a magic general, that’s how I’ve done CH2 crusades so far, you get HK when you unlock Regill
Same, my units just dont die. So far steamrolled every demon army.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
There’s a Sorc general that roasted my whole archer stack in one shot. Those undead to the west are no pushovers either.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Does this game has the same LGBTQ+ and the rest of alphabet soup BS in Russian language? Is truth that anything with alphabet soup BS is restricted to underage consumers in Russia?

Kaivokz

Arcane
Tried getting an unfair last azlanti run going, but the fact that the game ends if Seela or Camellia die makes the first cave segment very annoying... and Seela is already pretty annoying...

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Tried getting an unfair last azlanti run going, but the fact that the game ends if Seela or Camellia die makes the first cave segment very annoying... and Seela is already pretty annoying...

What's the point of Ironman when the game could fuck you at any moment for any number of reasons far outside your control.

Kaivokz

Arcane

What's the point of Ironman when the game could fuck you at any moment for any number of reasons far outside your control.
Higher stakes = fun, but this game is pretty bad for it; forced to drag along crap companions, thrown directly into a linear corridor with no options to gain power first, etc.

Sharpedge

Prophet
Lol they upped the difficulty of Wintersun. Love it.

Can actually use anti-animal/plant abilities for once.

Which part of it did they make harder? In my experience it was significantly easier, I am pretty sure they removed the Babau Interrogator from the Babau patrol just outside the village. The plants are slightly more durable now but the patrol was far more dangerous before.

CodexTotalWar

Learned
Yeah, I had Hell Knights and Clerics basically carry my Act 2 Crusader army through most fights. If you manage to get Cure Wounds on your general you can basically guarantee 0% causalities almost every fight). In Act 3, they continue to perform well but Marksmen steal the show in terms of insane damage output.

There will be a few of the fights (especially a few of those enemy stacks with levelled generals to the west) where you should actually remove any of the squishies because they'll get blown up by spells. In those cases, just go in with your heavies (i.e. units with 100-200+ hp), and just slug it out with them. You basically can't lose with spells and cure wounds.

Eventually you'll steamroll everything pretty easily as long as you're always levelling your general and are maximizing recruitment. The AI doesn't keep up.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Quick question. Do i get the benefits from bloodrage when i using demonic rage ? Like extra bites attacks and natural armor ?

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
So Half of the Pair just straight up doesn't work. It shows up as a buff in the character panel, but neither the AC, nor the attack bonus is applied to actual rolls.

Also, I bitch slapped a dragon, then got bitch slapped by a walking potato. The circle of life.

Last edited:

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Any suggestion now that my Bloodrager + demon is kinda useless? I guess i could go Magus + Demon.

cw8

Cipher
There's no way to change party members in Drezen right? Coz Regill is locked (I don't normally use him but stuck with him since I went with his idea for the initial assault) and I didn't bring a mage in. Blightmaw will be a big issue without haste.

frajaq

Erudite
Finished the game, Chapter 3 dragged on too much with this crusade stuff and was the low point of the game for me

Overall my experience would be better without wasting time with crusade mechanics and just...being with my companions exploring places and shit

Will play it again in the future when they patch things better and more DLC comes out

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Ha. I finally met Regill. Saw him murder innocents. I smited him for good and justice. No mercy for such evil!

Best npc yet. He gave me a justified reason to end his evil life PERMENATELY. :)

Of course, the game gets butthurt by not allowing me to wear his adamantine armour + 2. LMAO

Of course, he gets butthurt and cheeses 6 damage AFTER he dies. HAHAHA.

I WIN AGAIN.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Current and prospective Liches, a worthwhile interaction to seek out in Chapter 4:
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
Pleasantly surprised with the amount of unique dialogue and interactions unique to the Lich so far. Even Staunton has unique dialogue when you fight Minagho for the last time in Chapter 4.

Sosiel is gay as all hell, but his brother is good enough.

cw8

Cipher
Regill is the only sane person on your team. I also highly recommend you listen to his strategic advice.

I would but I'm already a Monk and Seelah's my tank. Camelia's the one doing the unlocks and buffing. Daeren is the healer. Lann's the only one other than my monk that can kill stuff. So last slot is mostly either Ember or that Fox spellcaster. I don't mind replacing Seelah if I have another good tank.

FriendlyMerchant

Regill is the only sane person on your team. I also highly recommend you listen to his strategic advice.

I would but I'm already a Monk and Seelah's my tank. Camelia's the one doing the unlocks and buffing. Daeren is the healer. Lann's the only one other than my monk that can kill stuff. So last slot is mostly either Ember or that Fox spellcaster. I don't mind replacing Seelah if I have another good tank.

Do a save edit to give yourself exactly the amount of money to buy five mercs. Then give the mercs the appropriate amount of xp so that they have the right amount of xp (owlcat still didn't fix this). Then turn off shared xp. You'll enjoy the game much better that way.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Eldrich Scion seems REALLY strong with second bloodline mythic ability so you can get the elemental damage AND the str bonus from abyssal also having elemental damage pierce immunities and DR.

2nd playthrough on unfair I think I'll roll one. Just finishing up my core playthrough with Quarterstaff master.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom