Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Zayne

Scholar
Playful darkness was interesting not sure how I won that. 5 mins of buffing and lvl 8-9 cleric/angel spells are probably the reason and spamming heal nonstop for tank.
I've summoned all available outsiders, gave them true sight and fire immunity to my spells. Then nuked everything with Firesnakes from Nenio and Ember, while Darkness was chewing through summons.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Monk's fan post, but it's sometimes hard to tell if he's shitposting or not.
Of course no one is going to tell you its problems. You're participating in a fucking megathread for this contemptuous feces of a game. Half of the queers on here are disingenuous little pusillanimous fucks. You got one person who apparently lives in his own little reality. Ignoring anyone who so much as raises concerns on the homosexual tendencies of the transvestite characters. Rather hypocritical considering he'd go on rants on pozz this pozz that. Yet conveniently ignores it when confronted with it in muh pathfinder. Then you got those no good russian sympathizers who deserve a damned medal for the mental gymnastics they're able to pull off when it comes to defending this shoddy product.

LMAO! Wrath of the Cucks!

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well, finally a game where the difficulty settings seem to have correct meaning. Hard isn't "normal", the devs don't pull punches. Still early in chapter one (guess will storm Grey Garrison soon), but can't say its smooth sailing, even with a relatively Munchkin character (respecced back to Instinctual Warrior - Initiative helps and I hated the skill maluses of heavy armor).
As I have noticed, without aggressive soloing and xp hoarding you can easily spend first 30-40 hours below level 10. And it is huge chunk of the game. And spreading so thin on all necessary dips for built to come together later you a get a much shorter end of the stick in comparison with single class chars.

So imho, you'd be much better off just going full Rowdy in medium/heavy armor. There is a lot less Stat belts and headbands in first half of the game comparing to Kingmaker so getting necessary high DEX STR and WIS to be effective at tanking while unarmored is not really viable.

For example, I am close to CH4 and had not seen +4 WIS item yet.

Thank you for the advice. That'd certainly be much better for the tempo. Possibly also accuracy - if I can find a good way to land Debilitating Injuries first.
However I feel that such a char would be too vulnerable for Hard. Also a bit simplistic. A Vivi at least also has some spells to play with.

Salvo

Arcane
So can you circumvent the fucking Tavern Defense or not? I did both Tower and Library and it still happens.
XfQCuNr.png

It's definetely doable! Leave the Library for last to abuse the teleport and skip the potential random encounter

Unfortunately by doing this you miss out on the mini-boss in the Marketplace

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So can you circumvent the fucking Tavern Defense or not? I did both Tower and Library and it still happens.
XfQCuNr.png

It's definetely doable! Leave the Library for last to abuse the teleport and skip the potential random encounter

More scrolls and pots then. But I did find more gold after the battle. Something like 1300?

Salvo

Arcane
XfQCuNr.png

More scrolls and pots then. But I did find more gold after the battle. Something like 1300?
You do get a tad more gold, but then again the Scrolls of Heroism / Haste more than make up for it, plus you get the glory

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
In case you've been wondering how to fix your negative levels.

You buy the scrolls from Rathmus who resides in the (badly marked on the map) field hospital. Rathmus gives you a hint that he can read scrolls for you while you are at the camp. The operative phrase is "at the camp". The devs saved themselves some work because if Rathmus reading scrolls for you only worked within the field hospital tent, they would have to devise a way to have you move your party members to that tent, or a way to have Rathmus move to the party member in question.

Instead they went with the solution that saves them work, but is harder for the player to figure out. You can cast any scroll from your belt that can be targeted at a friendly, and as long as you've bought this scroll from Rathmus, it auto-succeeds and the combat log says Rathmus has cast it:

As an added bonus of confusing the player, the scroll still says "Can be used with skill check", even though this isn't true in this case. And the game already knows it's not true, because Rathmus-bought scrolls are the only ones that will be cast by him (I've tested it).

So the devs have a flag for "scroll bought by Rathmus" but they don't use it to display a different text in the scroll tooltip.
:argh::retarded:

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Of course no one is going to tell you its problems. You're participating in a fucking megathread for this contemptuous feces of a game. Half of the queers on here are disingenuous little pusillanimous fucks. You got one person who apparently lives in his own little reality. Ignoring anyone who so much as raises concerns on the homosexual tendencies of the transvestite characters. Rather hypocritical considering he'd go on rants on pozz this pozz that. Yet conveniently ignores it when confronted with it in muh pathfinder. Then you got those no good russian sympathizers who deserve a damned medal for the mental gymnastics they're able to pull off when it comes to defending this shoddy product.

Poor Pink(
Spending the time on Codex really did horibbad things to his mental health.
But I'll rather blame current political climate and impressionable age than Codex itself though...

volklore

Arcane
XfQCuNr.png

How does this happen ? I did tower of estrod, the library and daeran's mansion, got back to the tavern without the random encounter. But I still got the prompt after resting.

Salvo

Arcane
XfQCuNr.png

How does this happen ? I did tower of estrod, the library and daeran's mansion, got back to the tavern without the random encounter. But I still got the prompt after resting.
Don't rest, talk to Irabeth first. Say you're ready for the attack, then when you get to the party selection screen close it, rest, then talk to Irabth again and go to GG.
Otherwise, I think it auto-rests once you enter GG, but I don't remember.

panda

Savant
Getting destroyed by final boss fight at Drezen, may have to drop difficulty as I have no clue how to survive...
Focus
the manlet
I still lost first time after beating them because lol cutscene + tp. Then he won initiative and finished MC with +48 attack. Such a questionable endfight conclusion for otherwise masterpiece dungeon.

Salvo

Arcane
Getting destroyed by final boss fight at Drezen, may have to drop difficulty as I have no clue how to survive...
Focus
the manlet
I still lost first time after beating them because lol cutscene + tp. Then he won initiative and finished MC with +48 attack. Such a questionable endfight conclusion for otherwise masterpiece dungeon.
Mid-fight cutscenes are absolute cancer, and a terrible design choice from Owlcat. Not that it's unexpected for them to make those...

Sarkile

Magister
Patron

You buy the scrolls from Rathmus who resides in the (badly marked on the map) field hospital. Rathmus gives you a hint that he can read scrolls for you while you are at the camp. The operative phrase is "at the camp". The devs saved themselves some work because if Rathmus reading scrolls for you only worked within the field hospital tent, they would have to devise a way to have you move your party members to that tent, or a way to have Rathmus move to the party member in question.

Instead they went with the solution that saves them work, but is harder for the player to figure out. You can cast any scroll from your belt that can be targeted at a friendly, and as long as you've bought this scroll from Rathmus, it auto-succeeds and the combat log says Rathmus has cast it:

As an added bonus of confusing the player, the scroll still says "Can be used with skill check", even though this isn't true in this case. And the game already knows it's not true, because Rathmus-bought scrolls are the only ones that will be cast by him (I've tested it).

So the devs have a flag for "scroll bought by Rathmus" but they don't use it to display a different text in the scroll tooltip.
I've actually had Rathmus fail the skill check for the damn scroll. I reloaded my save, due to that being some massive bullshit.

ArchAngel

Arcane

You are complicating too much. Just open inventory, focus on character you want it to work on and right click on scroll and press USE. Game automatically uses a character that can use those scrolls normally to cast it. It only works like this outside combat. I heal my Dhampir Necro with Inflict scrolls like this all the time.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture

Poor Pink(
Spending the time on Codex really did horibbad things to his mental health.
But I'll rather blame current political climate and impressionable age than Codex itself though...
Poor Smilidon. Her time spent playing Wrath has distorted her into a transvestite kitty cat.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I've actually had Rathmus fail the skill check for the damn scroll. I reloaded my save, due to that being some massive bullshit.
That must be a bug, since you pay through the ass for those scrolls, and Rathmus even ensures you he will cast it for you with "no surprises" or something like that :D

You are complicating too much. Just open inventory, focus on character you want it to work on and right click on scroll and press USE. Game automatically uses a character that can use those scrolls normally to cast it. It only works like this outside combat. I heal my Dhampir Necro with Inflict scrolls like this all the time.
Yeah, I still have the IE games' thinking. And also I believe the concept of shared stash detracts from the RPG philosophy. They should make you walk to the stash and equip stuff in your personal inventory. Yes, normies will screech, but this will be
1) more intuitive if there are no exceptions to a design principle that characters "carry items in and use items from their respective inventories", and
2) leaning closer to larping instead of MMO, which is the lesser evil.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Playing with a Fey Sorcerer kindred raised half elf rn (respecced from sylvan early when I read that sylvan cannot pick the extra bloodline feat, kinda killed my plans), planning to go azata and go for as much control as possible. After losing the pet, I am already feeling the need for a bit more dps to take advantage of my control (rn using woljiff and seelah with a 2H atm). I don't think CamCam with slashing grace will cut it. Is there more big bad sword type companions coming later on? really feeling the need of a big STR guy with all those dex builds and support casters around... I am on the fence with hiring an instinctual barb or mutato warrior merc to fill that slot.
I also had to respec Seelah, I tried to level her as Court Poet Skald (Casting stats rage), but the achetype seems bugged and the song doesn't spread rage powers, doesn't even give them to herself.

Cam with Fencing Grace should be plenty.

Use Crusader's Edge.

Desiderius

Patron
Well, finally a game where the difficulty settings seem to have correct meaning. Hard isn't "normal", the devs don't pull punches. Still early in chapter one (guess will storm Grey Garrison soon), but can't say its smooth sailing, even with a relatively Munchkin character (respecced back to Instinctual Warrior - Initiative helps and I hated the skill maluses of heavy armor). Need almost maximum buff in every serious encounter.
The Cambion alchemist with his Mimic buddies was brutal. Lately met the Vrock I've carefree summoned before. Fun!
In general Ember's Protective Hex is the real, huge lifesaver. Really makes more offensive focused characters viable.

Decided to just go with 1 level of Rowdy for now - 2 in Instinctual and at least 6 in Vivi - need the defensive ramp from mutagen, protective spells and Feral Wings.
Although final split is a difficult conundrum. On the one hand, I want maximum Vivi for Persistant Mutagen, Legendary Proportions, Transformation.
On the other, that won't get me Greater Vital Strike (unless I cheat with some Trickster trick), Barbarian stance +2 to hit or Debilitating Injury for -4 enemy AC for next round. As a Vital Strike build with mostly just 1 attack per round I can't take proper advantage of Debilitating - but Trickster Mobility 2 could be fun to apply Debilitating passively, by moving trough threatened zones...
I gave Protective Hex to Camilia and Ember uses Slumber

I don't think Camilia will cut it to my main party. Of course, having them both with Slumber made some encounters fun.
In general once Protective Hex lasts longer then one round, I should get better mileage from Ember with her Cackle.

I don't use Cam much after early game because of her writing but the character is insane. Fast Spell Progression plus Weapon Enchanting plus unique Hexes.

Protective Luck is like the tenth best thing she can be doing.

She has Divine Power...

Learn the power of Dex to damage + Reduce Person + Crusader's Edge + Keen Rapier.

Cam8 vs Maugla.jpg

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Focus
the manlet

Ok yea that worked really well.

I was trying to be fancy and deal with the eyeless bitch and the midget bard first. Turns out charging in and beating the shit out of the dwarf is the way to go.

Israfael

Arcane
I foolishly returned to the Tavern after I got massive stat damage from ghosts in the marketplace (or whatever it's called, the first zone in the south you have to go to so that you can cross to the other side of the city), rested for two days and got embroiled in this fight. Iny case, the Tavern defense was surprisingly easier (although longer) for me as compared to anything else, basically. Just drop webs and grease everywhere (there's like 3 or 4 scrolls of each in the Tavern) and everything will sort itself out (if you don't attack minotaur, it'll get distracted by the half-orcess army (if he manages not to get mired in grease/web/entangle). There's also 3 or 4 cold iron quivers to get through DR of various daemons as well as scroll of communal protection against evil or chaos, don't remember.

PS Level 3 at the time of the fight, unmodified Hard.

Desiderius

Patron

Daeran gets Resto for free and has a ton of Dust at his house.

Or you could keep Death Ward up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom