Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

DeepOcean

Arcane
Ehhh... why the discussion policing? You know, a discussion forum is
Discussion policing is if I was a moderator and dingdonbanned people. There's a SJW in Gaming Thread where you can whine about slaaneshites to your heart content.
The first 50-100 pages of this thread is pure edgy shitposting, it's not "discussion".
The GameBanshee revio is better than 90% of what people wrote, until people who actually play games began to wake up and post.

What makes this convo so damn weird - is you going on that we shouldn't discuss it here and implying somehow that we poor westerners want Russia to "save" us - while the game in question being Russian made but still jammed with SJW shit. What is going on here?
I still dont get it, we shouldnt talk about it where it is relevant but it isnt a longing for discussion policing to create a safe space. Seems contradicting.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
And let's be honest, merging 2 games like that is too difficult and just was a stupid fucking idea to begin with.

This entire game is a stupid idea. Owlcat made Kingmaker which had really nice core gameplay but was very, very unpolished. So for their next project instead of trying a fan adventure on manageable scale they've decided to double-down on the bloat.

Shadenuat

Arcane
so they could have picked any other module or made their own story and they went with one of the worst available, huh? And they were forced to do it at gunpoint, you say?
instead of trying a fan adventure on manageable scale they've decided to double-down on the bloat.
I think they picked it because it allowed them to make most epic mythic bhumbastek level 40 adventure with Mishulin demanding commanding armies etc.
The premise is very close to Dragon Age Inquisition which was Bioware's biggest hit.
Developers don't pick things that are "managable", they pick what can be hyped to 900%.
It is also very in spirit of Russians, tbh - many Ru games try to merge all the stuff together.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
What makes this convo so damn weird - is you going on that we shouldn't discuss it here and implying somehow that we poor westerners want Russia to "save" us - while the game in question being Russian made but still jammed with SJW shit. What is going on here?
It's your own shit.

It's Paizo module and characters, made by license from Paizo. You're looking into the mirror of your current PNP player meta. deuxhero (I think) posted the complete breakdown of how bad the PnP module is right when game was announced. He even spoiled Chapter 5.
so they could have picked any other module or made their own story and they went with one of the worst available, huh? And they were forced to do it at gunpoint, you say?

Probably they saw the dungeons & kobolds which Solasta and BG3 are attempting to be and decided to be the exactly opposite.

think they picked it because it allowed them to make most epic mythic bhumbastek level 40 adventure with Mishulin demanding commanding armies etc.
The premise is very close to Dragon Age Inquisition which was Bioware's biggest hit.
Developers don't pick things that are "managable", they pick what can be hyped to 900%.
It is also very in spirit of Russians, tbh - many Ru games try to merge all the stuff together.

This game remembers me a lot of H4 Throne of the Bloodstone

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Their dev team worked on HOMM5 and other good TB I think, no idea why they couldn’t replicate that type of quality
I highly doubt they have whole NIVAL there. Sure some people are there, but coders, artists? idk.

Obsidian has all the Interplay/Troika crowd atm at about same ratio (some lead designers, writers, coders). And they did not, for some reason, replicate Arcanum.

And let's be honest, merging 2 games like that is too difficult and just was a stupid fucking idea to begin with.

As for the writing, Owlcats were never good at it, but previous game had way smaller scope. In this one, fuck, idk what happened, it's like they had no editor whatsoever in production, ever.
I agree, they should focus on something of their own making and see what comes out

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
On the topic of sjwness and game being pozzed...

I agree the paladin/archer couple shoved on you from the start is really clumsy woke-ism and you just know it's the same writer behind the bg2 expansion trans person who just can't leave their fetish alone and insists on including one such character in any project they are on as if it's some sort of criminal calling card.

But other then that? Nah I don't feel the game is sjw but egalitarian. Similar to what I once said about starship troopers, sure you can squint your eyes and see everything as being social justice but that's the exact same bs as some lib fem viewing everything through a "feminist lense" and is just as myopic. Pathfinder wrath is too full of women dying horribly or getting tortured cruely or just outright being failures and fuck ups to be sjw in my eyes, there is no female exceptionalism at work, and whilst some might want to dispute that the real world isn't like this, I'm ok with this egalitarianism in a fantasy setting where magic exists.

To keep going with this no sjw game would give you so many options to utterly undermine and humiliate the strong "perfect" queen of the kingdom Yet not only can you but you are encouraged to because the queen sucks at strategy and anyone who isn't lawful stupid will be telling the royal council to go fuck themselves with their suggestions.
Likewise you can not only dismiss the trans paladin, but even ruin the couple's life completely, an sjw game wouldn't give you this option.

So yeah, put me in the camp that considers the trans paladin to be mostly for journos and that one sjw writer's benefit. It's cringe and contributed to me having an initial poor impression of the game (if they come out swinging out of the gates with this what is the rest of the game going to be like? was my thought at the time) but otherwise aint finding the game particularly sjw so far (am on act 5 so nearing the end).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I agree the paladin/archer couple shoved on you from the start is really clumsy woke-ism and you just know it's the same writer behind the bg2 expansion trans person who just can't leave their fetish alone and insists on including one such character in any project they are on as if it's some sort of criminal calling card.

To be clear, Amber Scott designed the first chapter of the tabletop adventure that the video game is based on back in 2013. She did not write for the game itself.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
It's your own shit.

It's Paizo module and characters, made by license from Paizo. You're looking into the mirror of your current PNP player meta. deuxhero (I think) posted the complete breakdown of how bad the PnP module is right when game was announced. He even spoiled Chapter 5.

It’s nerd culture. They’re always (intentionally) behind the curve.

http://www.paulgraham.com/nerds.html

Plus it has a lot of Population Control money pushing it. But that’s more global than murkan. Regular people are like whatever. Hicklibs like it to rationalize why they left behind the place where they grew up.

The Tranny Sue writing gives the game away. Writers give depth to the characters they really care about. The one dimensional ones good and bad are just instrumental.

Bad writing.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I still dont get it, we shouldnt talk about it where it is relevant but it isnt a longing for discussion policing to create a safe space
What policing? U want me to pat your head or something? You're not Ember.

I have no more rights than 2021 newfag. You can rate me RETARDOED or SHIET, it's just that I don't do it to your crappy posts, because I don't believe it's productive - instead, I answer with text, exactly what I Think, as Forum Traditions demand. I go onto RPG Codex to discuss RPG mechanics and yes writing, and when I go into muh pathfinder thread, I enjoy reading butthurts about difficulty, your dumb eldritch knight builds, Viktor spamming shit about liches, etc.
What I don't enjoy is shits with 99% posts in GD and Politics posting their prestigious opinion about that NPC they found funny pictures on reddit and being sad Russia is going down the toilet or something.

and neither I approve of "lets all give up on rpgs cause sjw", that's just weak.

From my point of view, what I told you internet warriorz is completely fair. You want some based Slav advice? You don't like
slaanesh demons touching your kids
go and punch them.
traditional Slav tactics. worse can happen u and your whole family gets canceled and jailed and all that. But not my problems.

Again, I have no problemos on ppls shitting on bad writing. But you need to see for yourself if it actually ruins the game or not, and know your facts (like who wrote what and that sjw is front loaded).

Last edited:
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
play liches.

I rather play as a vampire. But lich mythic path is not as popular as I tough to be. I mean, is the third most popular mythic path according to steam archivements. Angel and Azata is more played.

It's still a lot. There's barely enough time for people to finish the game and Lich is only for evil-characters. How many people do evil runs on their first playthrough?

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

To be clear, Amber Scott designed the first chapter of the tabletop adventure that the video game is based on back in 2013. She did not write for the game itself.
Yeah, but the two NPCs in question are straight from the tabletop. I just don't know the extent to which the Russians improved on them yet.

Reinhardt

Arcane
play liches.

I rather play as a vampire. But lich mythic path is not as popular as I tough to be. I mean, is the third most popular mythic path according to steam archivements. Angel and Azata is more played.

It's still a lot. There's barely enough time for people to finish the game and Lich is only for evil-characters. How many people do evil runs on their first playthrough?

Especially cartoony "bawhawhawhaw! behold my evul ways!"

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Their dev team worked on HOMM5 and other good TB I think, no idea why they couldn’t replicate that type of quality
I highly doubt they have whole NIVAL there. Sure some people are there, but coders, artists? idk.

Obsidian has all the Interplay/Troika crowd atm at about same ratio (some lead designers, writers, coders). And they did not, for some reason, replicate Arcanum.

As for the writing, Owlcats were never good at it, but previous game had way smaller scope. In this one, fuck, idk what happened, it's like they had no editor whatsoever in production, ever.

What happened is they lost Avellone so had no pimp hand and chick writers went crazy. They had HoMM people why not integrate it? Not stupid at all brilliant and already works well. Will only get better with DLCs.

Need to encourage them to stay engaged to keep developing it not demoralize them with all this empty edgelording. Only specifics you guys have is the usual suckage of just starting out.

Takamori

Learned
Don't create gods and idols on people, humans are flawed etc etc. Accept the differences and nuances on what you get into no one will bring a gold age of CRPGs alone its a whole a chain of event if is to happen of course.

I'm at the end of the Chapter 3, so far having a good time, but doesn't mean there is nothing bothering me, for example how the itemization is handled and some spells being removed like Silence.

For the itemization not being able to create magical stuff like wands and have a very limited list of scrolls and potions limit what to do with resources I got thousands of gold stuck in my character with nothing to spend on due to that.
Not being to have the smithy to craft custom gear sucks too, usually on Table Top the best part was to get enough money and have a boost on a character Stat that was lacking before, enable your build depending on what you did.
People might say oh on realistic ruleset depending on the gear it would take months, but given we are in a mythic setting if I'm not mistaken with the right feats and skill investment a dwarf smithy can fart a +5 Celestial plate in a week.

Some spells I understand you removing due to their roleplayish nature and being broken, but Silence? Its your bread and butter to solve caster cuckery and then Anti Magic Zone.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom