Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trigger the codex with a statement.

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
Yea, body pillows are pretty lame. Just get custom real dolls of your waifus instead.

Last edited:

ELEXmakesMeHard

Learned
You need to come to terms with the fact that PoE is an acronym for Path of Exile. Don't keep appropriating it for Sawyerist nonsense such as Pillars of Eternity.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Fallout 4 did speech checks better than New Vegas, because it's RNG based. You couldn't max out speech and talk your way to victory like you could in FO3 and FNV. This is actually closer to how Fallout 1 and 2 handled speech checks, iirc.
Too bad such a mechanic is wasted on such a shitty dialogue system and writing.

Last edited:

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
like you could in FO3

Wasn't 3 still somewhat RNG? I think you had a percentage chance that was effected by your speech skill
Oh wow, so it does. It's been so long since I played it I thought it used NV's mechanics.
Well shit, now I want to play Fallout 3. That's something I'd never thought I'd type. I guess Fallout 4 has that effect on you.

Humbaba

Arcane
The Goldbox games do not hold up at all and the only people who like them are 40+ year old greybeards who haven't seen their dick since Reagan was president.

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
The Goldbox games do not hold up at all and the only people who like them are 40+ year old greybeards who haven't seen their dick since Reagan was president.
Pool of Radiance does hold up really well once you get used to the awful GUI, but I can't say the same about the other Gold Box games.

But "Inquisitor" is Codex approved based game. There's nothing controversial about your statement.
How does it qualify as based exactly? All it did was ape European medieval history in fantasy slighly more grounded than Diablo's and then secularize the "totally not Christianity" like just about every other game has for the last 30 years to avoid upsetting normies.
There's not even anything based about burning heretics as you can literally prove every one of them is or isn't one beyond a shadow of a doubt. Zero ambiguity or uncertainty. Zero standing on conviction.
If it were based it would have had hard decisions that forced you to live with the consequences. As is, it just has slightly more palatable lore, while still being too cucked to say "Christ is King".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom