Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Its about right.
2sPByMs.jpg

ycEJNJB.jpg

STSFHrj.jpg

N204GSV.jpg

egrdH2I.jpg

7JV08XT.png

KOYvQ1B.jpg

IGnX0aM.jpg

Last edited:

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Carbot's Paladin is the best one. How they re-imagined the clean cut chad Paladin from D2 as a druggy is just beyond me.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Does not seem likely after WarCraft Reforged disaster. Late 2020 is also unrealistic, I believe StarCraft Remastered took more than one year of work after being announced and Diablo 2 certainly has more assets.

Different team is doing it.

When was the last time a Blizzard team produced something good?
Sounds like you're just starting to realise how Blizzard has been for the last decade, in charge of things they didn't make and have no idea how they really work

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Does not seem likely after WarCraft Reforged disaster. Late 2020 is also unrealistic, I believe StarCraft Remastered took more than one year of work after being announced and Diablo 2 certainly has more assets.

Different team is doing it.

When was the last time a Blizzard team produced something good?
Sounds like you're just starting to realise how Blizzard has been for the last decade, in charge of things they didn't make and have no idea how they really work

You could say that about most developers.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/diablo_ii_resurrected

So $40-$60 (depending on if you want to vomit at D3. Both say Broadband internet connection??? Uh is that just for battlenet or is this the new shitty blizzard standard? You need online to play solo D2 REMASTERED? Fucking fags. They could be more explicit on their page. Not that I care. 40$ for a game I have 2 full copies of already. Thought I lost one.
Uh.... no.

vibehunter

Learned
https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/diablo_ii_resurrected

So $40-$60 (depending on if you want to vomit at D3. Both say Broadband internet connection??? Uh is that just for battlenet or is this the new shitty blizzard standard? You need online to play solo D2 REMASTERED? Fucking fags. They could be more explicit on their page. Not that I care. 40$ for a game I have 2 full copies of already. Thought I lost one.
Uh.... no.

Probably just for Battlenet. Not sure why it specifies broadband but it's definitely going to be an always-online thing.

Edit: just did some research and it looks like it might be the whole "you can play offline but we need you to connect periodically" shit.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
is this 2006 ? Blizzard for like 15 years use always online to combat piracy.

Last edited:

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
is this 2006 ? Blizzard since like 15 years use always online to combat piracy.

*To spy on player habits so they can form metrics to design next monetary scheme around and also to report their investors about their collected MAU metrics.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled the great online fuckaroo bullshit. I mean EVERYONE has screaming fast broadband right?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Why gold auto pick-up? Why not just deposit the gold directly into the player's inventory? This is a genuine question.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Why gold auto pick-up? Why not just deposit the gold directly into the player's inventory? This is a genuine question.

The answer is probably the same as was their answer as to why do you need to Identify items in Diablo 3 when you can just click them in the inventory. They equate it to opening gift wrapping. Small continuous dopamine spikes as you gain or discover something new. There's a slot-machine like attraction to the sound and the event of picking up something but it now is distilled to least effort possible while retaining the element. That'd be my wager.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
You could still have the dopamine-inducing sounds and floating text around your character saying +10 gold or something, but with less clicking the ground trying to get to the gold.

Last edited:

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Maybe their psychologists told them that retaining even least amount of effort amplifies the satisfaction offering direct cause-reaction loop.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Are they going to make the drop rates less on the acid trip Korean MMORPG grind level or would that ruin the purity and hardcore integrity of THE GAME?

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Not enabling mods is probably the biggest mistake of this remaster.

If they wont allow mods on battle.net, then they must change the game to bring it up to date with popular mods, or the game dies fast.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom