Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
They didn't need to provide respec at all. One of the reasons P:K didn't have it is that it's hugely conplex. Obviously.

Just because you're impressed with halfwits who talk baseless shit all the time doesn't mean everyone else is.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I think the most consistent way would be to block in-game respec completely after some stage of Mythic progression. Otherwise, people will keep the flags of the path, but remove the consequences, like alignment shift.

The point of no return, of course, should be shown very explicitly, with the confirmation screen. Also, in Kingmaker in-game respec changed any difficulty to "custom". They should continue this in Wrath.

ArchAngel

Arcane
PSA: Respec-function is broken

Crusaders! An important announcement:
We are now working on an issue that turned out to be really serious and the fix deeply affected the internal structure of the game. Please note that if you saved after using respec in Act II or further, your saved game may remain corrupted, potentially blocking your playthrough. Mythic Demon and Lich are the most affected by this problem. We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused, and strongly recommend to revert back to a save made before respeccing.
Please stay away of the respec function up until the next patch. The problem will be gone then.

Nice going :D

It seems like using the mod to respec instead of in game respec works just fine.
Eh I used respec for Regill to reduce him 2 levels so I can pick another 1st Hellknight ability.. hopefully it does not cause problems.

Parabalus

Arcane
Char roll with it vs virgin respecer.
I'm not usually edgy, but I think I'm on the same camp here. I can't understand respecs. If you made a decision in your char build, stick with it, and see what happens.

And then you find out your class ability is bugged.

Or an interaction doesn't work as advertised.

Shelve a playthrough or respec? Or just push through?

Efe

Erudite
respec should stay until they are sure everything works.
It also makes it easier to test possible synergies

Desiderius

Patron

We are now working on an issue that turned out to be really serious and the fix deeply affected the internal structure of the game. Please note that if you saved after using respec in Act II or further, your saved game may remain corrupted, potentially blocking your playthrough. Mythic Demon and Lich are the most affected by this problem. We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused, and strongly recommend to revert back to a save made before respeccing.
Please stay away of the respec function up until the next patch. The problem will be gone then.

It seems like using the mod to respec instead of in game respec works just fine.
Eh I used respec for Regill to reduce him 2 levels so I can pick another 1st Hellknight ability.. hopefully it does not cause problems.

What the actual fuck? Why? Risk breaking your game for that?

Desiderius

Patron
I'm not usually edgy, but I think I'm on the same camp here. I can't understand respecs. If you made a decision in your char build, stick with it, and see what happens.

That's a good point. To expect it not to cause some problems though is just hard to imagine thinking that.

Parabalus

Arcane

That's a good point. To expect it not to cause some problems though is just hard to imagine thinking that.

Is it?

They prevent you from switching Mythic paths, unlike in the Beta, so there really shouldn't be anything connected to the plot in it.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron

Is it?

They prevent you from switching Mythic paths, like in the Beta, so there really shouldn't be anything connected to the plot in it.

In the beta you could. Wasn’t aware you couldn’t since I’m doing Core no respec run.

Wish I could lol.

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
If you're a Dhampir - Sorcerer of Undead Bloodline and you worship Urgathoa, this is what you get as you have your first step towards Lichdom. Really nice attention to detail.
I'm still in chapter 2 and have already seen multiple references to race and deity in dialogs, afair even class. Most in a proper context to specific race/deity, not just some random "In the name of %deity%!". A rare feature in this kind of games, especially considering the staggering amount of said customization options.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Gameplay question: I'm looking at the sohei monk. They get light armor and martial weapons. Apparently FoB then would work with 2 handed martial weapons but the light armor disables your Wis AC bonus. So should I just build the monk like a lightly armored fighter with high Str and Dex instead of Wis? Seems counterintuitive to not rely on THE prime Monk stat.

Wouldn't armor disable Flurry of Blows also?
Idk what is wrong or right, but if I dress Lann in that nice shiney mithral chain shirt (0 armor penalties) or even in studded leather, he retains the same number of bow attacks and he gets no penalties. I can't find any button to switch the Flurry of Blows manually, it seems it's always on. Unlike the holic's mod on Kingmaker. So I presume this would be the same for the close combat monk.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane

What the actual fuck? Why? Risk breaking your game for that?
I didn't know this was a problem. I did that yesterday. I picked his +4 strenght and +10 feet movement ability and then took Mythic Weapon Finess so I wanted a more useful Hellknight ability. Most of them are kind of bad, even domain ones.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm still in chapter 2 and have already seen multiple references to race and deity in dialogs, afair even class. Most in a proper context to specific race/deity, not just some random "In the name of %deity%!". A rare feature in this kind of games, especially considering the staggering amount of said customization options.
Well, to be fair "double reactivity", which you might be experiencing, was a stretch goal in the Wrath Kickstarter. It is nice to see that they actually implemented it.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
The funny part about respec issues, is that using the one from toybox apparently does not cause the Mythic Path trigger issues, compared to using the ingame respec.

Full respec also allows some feats that are indirectly unlocked to serve as proper requirements for other feats. I.e. you cannot choose Shatter Defenses when leveling up regularly, even if you have the Hex that grants Dazzling Display. But if you respec and pick the levels all at once, it does work. Dazzling Display still stops working after a reset/reload, but Shatter Defenses stays usable.

It's sad that the Demon Path main mechanics are so underwhelming, because the Demonic Charge is really fucking good. Even at Rank 3 its already 6d6 unholy damage in an aoe, usable every turn, as a move action. Has the same issues as regular abilities that count as move actions though, as in you need to cast it as your last action, or it will keep you from getting a standard action in at all.
Part of me wants to cheat high saves to see if there is another solution to Insistent Summons if you repeatedly pass the saves, or if its inevitable that Hepzamirah will overcome your willpower/rage and summon you to the Abyss.

Last edited:

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
respec should stay until they are sure everything works.
It also makes it easier to test possible synergies

They should really just let you create characters, start to finish, in a dedicated build maker.

Then again, if that was an option, I think I'd spend more time theory crafting than actually playing.

:positive: That feeling when you return from hell itself, but then you realize
your useless queen bungled your crusade in your absence.
Galfrey, you bitch, give me back my legions! :argh::argh::argh:
And my treasury, too. Goodness, I am a very lawful lad, a perfect Aeon, but I swear upon Allah's name that I will smite that woman from existence.
All right, props to Owlcat for this: they did give me the opportunity to have my vengeance. Perhaps I did not get to aeon her into nothing, but I'm well satisfied with how things turned out in the end.
Enjoy what's left of your life, you geriatric wench!

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Wenduag romance when you're evil is really just ''Yeah let's fuck and btw i might be into BDSM *wink*'' so far. I wonder how different is if you''re playing a good aligned character.

Desiderius

Patron
Gameplay question: I'm looking at the sohei monk. They get light armor and martial weapons. Apparently FoB then would work with 2 handed martial weapons but the light armor disables your Wis AC bonus. So should I just build the monk like a lightly armored fighter with high Str and Dex instead of Wis? Seems counterintuitive to not rely on THE prime Monk stat.

Wouldn't armor disable Flurry of Blows also?
Idk what is wrong or right, but if I dress Lan in that nice shiney mithral chain shirt (0 armor penalties) or even in studded leather, he retains the same number of bow attacks and he gets no penalties. I can't find any button to switch the Flurry of Blows manually, it seems it's always on. Unlike the holic's mod on Kingmaker. So I presume this would be the same for the close combat monk.

I like the CMB Padded

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom