Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News ATOM RPG: Trudograd Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: ATOM RPG: Trudograd; ATOM Team

Wrath of the Righteous is obviously the biggest release of September and Encased seems to have found an audience on our forum as well. Like those two games, ATOM RPG: Trudograd is from Russia, but it's the only one of them that is truly a Russian RPG. As you probably know, it's a standalone expansion and direct sequel to 2018's well-received ATOM RPG, the game that made it clear that something good was happening out there in the East. Hopefully Trudograd will find its audience as well. Here's its release trailer and an excerpt from the accompanying announcement:

Greetings, friends!

The moment has come and ATOM RPG: Trudograd has finally been released from Early Access.

We want to use this opportunity to once again state how thankful we are for your ceaseless support, and we can’t wait to read your reviews, critiques, new ideas and suggestions. Trudograd will still grow and develop, so feedback is paramount even after the release.

If you ever stumble upon a bug, please report it on the Steam forum or by sending us your save game to support@atomrpg.com

However, we must warn you that the fact that save files made in Early Access no longer work in 1.0 is not a bug. It is a regrettable, yet completely standard and very important measure made by us in order to guarantee quality support and avoid current and future technological problems with the game.

Apart from that, our team will be on 24\7 stand-by to read your reports and improve the game if any errors are found.

Now, let’s talk about what awaits you in Trudograd. Planned as a small DLC, this game quickly grew thanks to your suggestions, and currently boasts the following traits:
  • Ability to continue playing as your ATOM RPG character
    - for this you must make a save file after beating ATOM RPG’s last boss and upload it into Trudograd via a helpful menu;
  • A vast open world, containing 45+ populated locations, from a snowy post apocalyptic megapolis and its outskirts to secret Soviet military bunkers, a large pirate tanker in the frozen sea and a mysterious island, among many more;
  • 30+ combat-only locations where players will get to fight tens of foe varieties from mercenaries to merciless mutants;
  • 300+ characters, each with a unique portrait and branching dialogue;
  • 200+ quests, most with multiple solutions and outcomes;
  • Fully voiced visual text quests with branching plots and unique hand made artwork;
  • 100+ models of distinct weaponry with 75+ weapon mods for further customization;
  • 3 unique powered Soviet-style exoskeleton armor suits, with 20+ ways to customize and modify them for any playstyle;
  • 45+ hours of gameplay with heightened replayability compared to our studio’s first game;
  • Original soundtrack;
...And many more additions that make Trudograd a great single player RPG experience!

Trudograd is available on Steam and GOG for just $11. Looks like there's a price point for everybody this month. There are also a couple of item DLC packs for those who wish to support the developers further.

Last edited by a moderator:

thesecret1

Arcane
Is that power armor in the trailer? I remember NPCs in Atom RPG cracking jokes about what a retarded idea power armor is :lol:

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Is that power armor in the trailer? I remember NPCs in Atom RPG cracking jokes about what a retarded idea power armor is :lol:
Little did they know it was in Trudograd all along!!!!!!!!!! Yeah you'll get it in TG if you have enough rubles. Which I think you will.

Norfleet

Power Armor isn't really retarded idea, so much as it is a real thing people are doing, though. Real power armor already really exists, although its main purpose to increase your ability to lift heavy objects rather than to function as battle armor...currently. It's certainly not for lack of trying, though. In fact, almost everything we need to make real functioning power armor exists in real life already...except a power source that will last longer than one-half of ten minutes when disconnected from external.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Power Armor isn't really retarded idea, so much as it is a real thing people are doing, though. Real power armor already really exists, although its main purpose to increase your ability to lift heavy objects rather than to function as battle armor...currently. It's certainly not for lack of trying, though. In fact, almost everything we need to make real functioning power armor exists in real life already...except a power source that will last longer than one-half of ten minutes when disconnected from external.
Yes, that's kind of what we went for.

SPOILER AHEAD
In the game lore, basically Soviet Union attempted to make wireframe exoskeletons for heavy labor, just like those folks try to do IRL, etc, but then after the war some post-apocalyptic boys with a factory militarized them somewhat by sticking combat armor on top of the frame. Though you can later find a version militarized by the actual military in secret, and never moved from the prototype stage

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Bought the supporter pack! I loved ATOM and I want more games from these guys. Looking forward to play this as soon as I've finished Encased. I booted the game up and that isometric camera mode i so god damn beautiful.

Thonius

Arcane
Do you start with level one or....?
Finished atom a while ago not sure if save game is around. How important is that feature? Fee dialog options or something more massive?

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Bought the supporter pack! I loved ATOM and I want more games from these guys. Looking forward to play this as soon as I've finished Encased. I booted the game up and that isometric camera mode i so god damn beautiful.
Thank you! Hope you'll like it!
Surprisingly little bugs as of now.
Do you start with level one or....?
Finished atom a while ago not sure if save game is around. How important is that feature? Fee dialog options or something more massive?
You start at 15, or if you transfer save file you get the level you finished Atom on. The game reacts to your distinctions made in the first game, you begin hearing rumors about the cities you destroyed or saved or left to stagnate, you get to hear about people featured in ATOM's minor quests, and of course you either get or not get Hexogen depending on whether he survived in your save. Other than flavor text and stats - no changes between transfer and new game. Plus with a new guy you get to re-make past choices anyway in the opening vigniette.
Got this already in early access

Good luck to the team!
Thank you, veteran!

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
If I found and used all the stat raising things in Atom, wont it make me OP in Trudograd?
Not much. The game's first priority is to cater to 15 lvl chars, because we foolishly thought that most people finished their game on around level 15 which turned out to be a lie (50% finish on 12-15, 50% finish on like level 1042) BUT we spent a lot of time balancing the Hard difficulty for returning high level tons of free stat players. If Normal seems too easy (which it shouldn't because we check for extra powerful transfers and give them more challenge some times, hand picked, not auto-level-scaled though) just pick Hard and you should be golden.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
How long will the finished and absolutely complete edition of trudograd take?
A VERY surprising thing for me is that Trudograd really doesn't seem to have a lot of bugs on launch. Players helped us discover a bunch of minor ones we already fixed and are prepared to patch out, but it's in no way as terrible as with the original ATOM. So we'll finish patching things in like a week maybe. There will then be some player wish fullfilment packages, I still don't know how influential these will be. I predict they will want a base, and if they will we'll build one. Might also want more than 2 followers. This will all be a free DLC at some point. Might throw in a dungeon or two maybe.
Then we'll prolly make a $$$paid dlc but not soon. I believe Trudograd is complete as it is now, and the side content we will inevitably add will be extra flavor. We'll have a talk and produce a coherent road map later.

Yannos

Educated
Good to hear! Had a lot of fun with the first one. Had this one in my library for a long time but used all my willpower not to get into the Early Access and burn myself out on it!

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
upload_2021-9-14_22-22-22.png

where is the official release thread so I can bitch about misspellings?
:)

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Also, I couldn't find the Chris Avellone appreciation thread because the search function doesn't work for me due to messed up cookies I guess, so:

upload_2021-9-14_22-39-23.png

uAZu3HZ

I appreciate you, Chris Avellone. Thank you so much. A very pleasant, utterly unexpected, delightful surprise!!! Team went a bit crazy at this!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom