Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

China to nuke online and maybe mobile games

InSight

Learned
Possibly Retarded
Well most gamers are pretty high intelligence dudes with at least some other skills. Dumb people can't in to games,also we have very high levels of creativity. Games did affect the society we live in now,it castrate majority of men. It is an addiction that lets people run away from the real life instead of facing their problems and growing. Instead of now being leaders in industry and corporations,we have a generation addicted to make believe garbage that haven't grown up and in its mid thirties. Gamers should have been our best and brightest,but ended up as losers. Also gaming was used for brainwashing young people in to liberalism. Tell me which of your favourite games is not about liberal shit. They all promote certain mentality,because they are made by people with it.

But no,not everything is shit because of them,but they are negative thing for young kids. Smart people chose to get dissolute from the real world and become loners.

Also gaming was used for brainwashing young people in to liberalism. Tell me which of your favourite games is not about liberal shit. They all promote certain mentality,because they are made by people with it.
liberal
  • adj.
    Favoring reform, open to new ideas, and tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; not bound by traditional thinking; broad-minded. synonym: broad-minded.
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

When one provide examples of games that are, one should also provide the number of games that are not.
I am not aware of games that promote such values as they are the main focus, consist most of it. Majority of the games depict/require one to kill. From monster, criminals, animal and opposing force, not an action of these who tolerate. One should more likely to conclude that they promote intolerance(at least these that portray/simulate/depict war,fight or struggle).
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Games did affect the society we live in now,it castrate majority of men. It is an addiction that lets people run away from the real life instead of facing their problems and growing.

castrate
  • transitive verb
    To remove the testicles of (a male); geld or emasculate.
  • transitive verb
    To remove the ovaries of (a female); spay.
  • transitive verb
    To deprive of virility or spirit; emasculate.
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

How do games castrate?
The Topic deals with online games. Yet the reply mention games as a whole, Sport are games Football, Rugby and Basketball should also castrate and cause addiction(add dictation). Are sportsmen, the player of the game, castrated?
Sport games have existed prier to online games.

Yet without games how would we not be better? For they simulate and thus improve as an hide and seek would contribute to hunting or would prevent a fed cat from killing needlessly if games could satisfy desire/function/system.

addiction (n.) From Latin addictionem (nominative addictio) "an awarding, a delivering up," noun of action from past-participle stem of addicere "to deliver, award; devote, consecrate, sacrifice" (https://www.etymonline.com/word/addiction)
Addictions are the fuel that runs the capitalist economic society.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Instead of now being leaders in industry and corporations
Leadership and holding position of power in society is not correlated to being the best and brightest(depending on which category of it). Factor nepotism. This forum told of example how a mere good looking face earned a promotion.
One of the best and brightest among mankind was Nicola Tesla and he was not a leader in neither cooperation nor industry. These organization even hindered/prevented from Tesla accomplishing and benefiting humanity more and even sabotaged/killed/silenced these that followed in his footsteps, his ilk/type who were too among the best and bright.
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Also gaming was used for brainwashing young people in to liberalism.
The education system/schooling is a brainwashing tool. There also exist the media examples should be found through the use of BBC and the like of which if I recall correctly, promoted things akin/beneficial/positive to "liberalism". Both predate modern/online gaming.

Liberalism is also a side of a coin, the other wing out of two which consist of a whole. How would brainwashing to conservatism be any better if they both support/uphold/uplift the same goal/thing/ideal? Based on Jordan Maxwell "Dawn of a new Day" https://www.bitchute.com/video/MY86939WPWc1/
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

I do not know about Chinese politics, yet here are few things that been told are about the CCP. They have murdered milions of not billions of their own (chinese) farmer. Are Farmer who toil the earth and animal to feed them-self and others degenerative or generative to its society/culture/land? yet countless of them were killed by CCP. There is a saying among the CCP that one cannot survive/remain in the CCP without becoming a monster/ogre wielding iron rod.

"Xi Jinping is a Chinese politician who has been serving as General Secretary of the Chinese Communist Party"https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xi_Jinping

One should be suspicious/wary/careful of an organization who's root/ideals/foundation are based on evil actions. Evil in regard of breaking the commandment of Yahuha/YHWH/יהוה" thy shall not kill".
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

The quoted post focuses on the smoke, the symptom, not the fire, the source/root/origin of the problem.

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
To see edgelords defending fucking China. I guess being contrarians is all they know. Removing games wouldn't make things better, only make people more miserable for sure. Removing gacha crap though would be okay.
If you think China is cool, remember the social credit bullshit that forces you to behave like a NPC regarding certain issues or else have your life destroyed.

Example: https://nichegamer.com/2021/09/12/chinese-players-are-review-bombing-life-is-strange-true-colors/

Chinese players are review bombing Life is Strange: True Colors over a Tibetan flag on its Steam page, due to its symbolism with the Tibetan independence movement.

Granted, that game is shit, but Chinks MUST always attack anything showing Tibetan stuff or Winnie the Poo, or else face consequences.

Last edited:
Vatnik Wumao
To see edgelords defending fucking China. I guess being contrarians is all they know. Removing games wouldn't make things better, only make people more miserable for sure. Removing gacha crap though would be okay.
If you think China is cool, remember the social credit bullshit that forces you to behave like a NPC regarding certain issues or else have your life destroyed.

Example: https://nichegamer.com/2021/09/12/chinese-players-are-review-bombing-life-is-strange-true-colors/

Chinese players are review bombing Life is Strange: True Colors over a Tibetan flag on its Steam page, due to its symbolism with the Tibetan independence movement.

Granted, that game is shit, but Chinks MUST always attack anything showing Tibetan stuff or Winnie the Poo, or else face consequences.

Nah, they just really hate any form of perceived disrespect.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I love how the Chinese defend their own country and history, unlike cucks from say Russia that just swallow shit up every single time.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Yeah,thank god that the west doesn't have a social credit system where people are fired and their accounts frozen for a wrong think and questioning the fate................:hahyou:

fork

Yeah,thank god that the west doesn't have a social credit system where people are fired and their accounts frozen for a wrong think and questioning the fate................:hahyou:

This!

I'd argue the West is becoming even worse than China's social credit system because this outrage and cancel culture is complete clown world, the rules fucking idiotic, getting worse by the year and arbitrarily enforced. It's obvious this shit is happening to destroy the few remaining fragments of our civilisation.

Whereas the social credit system, while being utter fascist shit, makes at least some kind of sense.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Whereas the social credit system, while being utter fascist shit, makes at least some kind of sense.
Also the rules are clearer and you won't surprised in the morning when you find out that you are fired because of some twatter shit lol.

Ravielsk

Magister
Not shocking in the least. For China videogames are a western import and there is no reason why it should be funneling money from its economy into murica or yuprope in exchange for... well nothing. Contemporary online games are in and of themselves fictional economies where millions of dollars are traded for... well again nothing. Mobile gatchas are especially bad as those are not even games, just payment processors that show barely animated jpgs. Just from a economic standpoint keeping them legal is creating huge holes in any economy as they siphon massive amounts of cash out of the economy into the pockets of few while returning absolutely nothing. Ever since the profits from these ventures reached into the billions it was only a question of time before someone clamps down on them. In this regard China is just the first to do so.

As far as banning all new releases goes... well again hard to hold it against them. Considering the current state of the industry they are doing themselves a service more than anything. However I am under no delusion when it comes to their good intentions.
Take it from a eastern european slav: communists always operate in absolutes even when it fucks them in the ass. Former ost-block countries also banned videogames as "capitalist degeneracy" which was mostly a banality during the 50s,60s and early 70s but once the late 70s hit the communist scythe hit a rock in the form of having literary no one knowing how to work a computer. Since the public was completely isolated from anything computer related when the need for programmers and computer engineers came knocking the party was kinda fucked because instead of building gradual interest in computing through games they only had a bunch of potato farmers. Further technological lag followed and well we all know how that panned out in the end.

Ravielsk

Magister
Then again in that same note I am kinda sad that I did not have a account on RPGcodex a few years ago because I very vividly remember arguing on several other forums that the push to get onto the Chinese market is suicidal because China has a history of stopping on a dime and doing a 180. Kinda wish some of those places were still a thing so I could post a "fuck you I was right" on them.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
It is an addiction that lets people run away from the real life instead of facing their problems and growing.
You run to your video games or your messageboards and social networks to find solace from the life you find oppressive, the world you're alienated from. But you only intensify this alienation thereby.

Huh, I thought oldfags weren't allowed here...
You guys do know that anyone can fall for this trap with pretty much anything in life, right? Be it in the pursuit of whatever ambition or state of being.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

This!

I'd argue the West is becoming even worse than China's social credit system because this outrage and cancel culture is complete clown world, the rules fucking idiotic, getting worse by the year and arbitrarily enforced. It's obvious this shit is happening to destroy the few remaining fragments of our civilisation.

The rules? What rules? Cancel culture has no rules, that's why it's so sinister. If the mob decides you have to get canceled, it happens. There is no defense. You can't point to a list of rules and say "but I didn't break any of these!"
It's completely arbitrary and the only good thing is that it also eats their own regularly, due to the constant changes.

Ravielsk

Magister
Nah,it is cooler to screech about china's social score,only communists don't screech about china :)
A social credit is no less vile than cancel mobs. The only functional difference is that one if controlled by the retards in the communist party of China and the other is controlled by retarded blue checkmarks. Both can and will be subject to sudden and sporadic change and both are equally destructive for a society. China simply has the advantage of being able to control the flow information enough to hide the uncomfortable consequences of its system while the cancel mob does not.

Dont delude yourself. Both "systems" lead to the same self-destructive outcome, they just take slightly different routes to that outcome.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Nah,it is cooler to screech about china's social score,only communists don't screech about china :)
A social credit is no less vile than cancel mobs. The only functional difference is that one if controlled by the retards in the communist party of China and the other is controlled by retarded blue checkmarks. Both can and will be subject to sudden and sporadic change and both are equally destructive for a society. China simply has the advantage of being able to control the flow information enough to hide the uncomfortable consequences of its system while the cancel mob does not.

Dont delude yourself. Both "systems" lead to the same self-destructive outcome, they just take slightly different routes to that outcome.
Moral supremacy and enforcement exist in any social system. Is it saying that you won't serve racist or nazis because they are against muh freedom,any different? The worst part of liberalism is its hypocrisy. Liberalism and muh freedom is pretty dogmatic and tyrannical in itself. I see no difference between "classical liberalism" and this modern shit. People need borders and restrictions,it is just matter of view point lol.

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
A social credit is no less vile than cancel mobs. The only functional difference is that one if controlled by the retards in the communist party of China and the other is controlled by retarded blue checkmarks. Both can and will be subject to sudden and sporadic change and both are equally destructive for a society.
CPC is way less retarded than SJW, and their values and approaches are far more consistent, I don't see how there is any comparison beyond "both are oppressive". Well in CPC case that just makes them normal Chinese ruling class, informed both by a type of Marxism and by Chinese history. SJWs have no such heritage or consistency, they only have liberal ideology.

Dexter

Arcane
Except there's nothing "liberal" about SJWs. If anything they're "Antiliberal". They despise "liberalism" and are happily hacking away at most if not all of its core pillars, from "Free Speech" to "innocent until proven guilty", to personal freedoms, individual rights, equality before the law (they want "equity" and oppression olympics), they're explicitly pro-censorship and political persecution of who they consider "enemies". The kind of organizations they support and prop up like "Antifa" (an invention of the Communist party from the 30s), the sort of flags and political symbols they display and many of the political mottos they employ also have nothing to do with "liberalism":
Screen-Shot-2017-09-19-at-8.08.11-AM-678x381.jpg

If anything they're a lot closer to the CCPs "Cultural revolution" that also tried to purge tradition and culture, destroyed statues and rewrote history, trying to replace it with their "utopianism" and "cancelled" people that did not abide.

Codex Year of the Donut
"One of the worst countries in the world". Where you can be born in a village and then be sent to an American University for free and then have a career in building robots, having no American debts your entire life, which is a real example I know of.
the best thing that can happen to you if you're chinese is to be sent to america

right from the horse's mouth

Codex Year of the Donut
A social credit is no less vile than cancel mobs. The only functional difference is that one if controlled by the retards in the communist party of China and the other is controlled by retarded blue checkmarks. Both can and will be subject to sudden and sporadic change and both are equally destructive for a society.
CPC is way less retarded than SJW, and their values and approaches are far more consistent, I don't see how there is any comparison beyond "both are oppressive". Well in CPC case that just makes them normal Chinese ruling class, informed both by a type of Marxism and by Chinese history. SJWs have no such heritage or consistency, they only have liberal ideology.
The only reason you think it's "way less retarded" is because the only thing you view is CCP's foreign propaganda.

China has a fucking hotline+website for reporting your neighbors directly to the government for basically anything.
https://www.12377.cn/index.html

Let's review some of the things that can land you in trouble
https://www.12377.cn/jbzn.html?tab=4
4. Promote terrorism and extremism;
Sure hope you aren't an extremist. Huh, I wonder who gets to define extremist anyways...
5. Promote ethnic hatred and ethnic discrimination;
WOW TOTALLY BASED!!!
6. Spread violent, obscene and pornographic information;
Woops, hope you never made any violent statements.
7. Fabricating or disseminating false information to disrupt economic order and social order;
Gee, I wonder who gets to decide what a false statement is...

How many people do you think go about reporting each other?
https://www.12377.cn/tzgg/2021/91474998_web.html
"In August 2021, network reporting departments at all levels across the country received 19.473 million reports, an increase of 15.5% month-on-month and 57.3% year-on-year."
An entire fucking nation of snitches. Sounds amazing.

If you decide to move to China let me know so I can comb through your post history and report you. Until then, maybe you should keep quiet about how much you jerk off to the thought of living there.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck

Moral supremacy and enforcement exist in any social system. Is it saying that you won't serve racist or nazis because they are against muh freedom,any different? The worst part of liberalism is its hypocrisy. Liberalism and muh freedom is pretty dogmatic and tyrannical in itself. I see no difference between "classical liberalism" and this modern shit. People need borders and restrictions,it is just matter of view point lol.
The free market does not judge on a moral or ideological basis so there is no hypocrisy. The only reason you think there is hypocrisy is because it allows for a pluralism of ideas. What you are saying is that you are an animal that longs for the zoo because you can't handle the real world. You want someone to tell you what to think, what to feel and what to do. This only leads to shit and it does not matter if it is being done by nazicommies in the USA or if they are chinks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom