Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arkane Deathloop - first-person action game from Arkane set on a time loop island

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Since people are just freely posting /v/ shitposts:
puHJwJI.png

:obviously:

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Game releases tonight.. Not even in the top 10 of best sellers for Steam..?
Looking for threads or 4chan discussion, almost nothing other than the occasional racist shit post..

This is a AAA Arkane title right? It's releasing tonight Right???

Why is it being outsold by Warframe and fucking Red Dead Redemption 2 on the night of it's release...?
Am I misreading something? :lol:

<3sRichardSimmons better whip out your wallet.. you got a few more copies to buy to save this..

https://steamdb.info/app/1252330/graphs/

Hopefully this Score / Player Count improves.. a lot.. otherwise...

AMFTfym.png

Chinese, East Asians, Arabs and East euros are becoming slowly but steadily a large base of steam users and most of them do not like black protaganists.

Last edited:

Riskbreaker

The users of this turd have spoken.
169DAIv.jpg

Goodbye Arkane.
So, going thru these, I struggle to find any negative user review that ISN'T about Denuvo and/or performance.

I do wonder, btw, where this thread will go once the folks here actually start playing the thing.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
So, going thru these, I struggle to find any negative user review that ISN'T about Denuvo and/or performance.

Few Things:

Yes, this is true, a large majority of the reviews are related to stuttering / performance issues.

The reality is.. anyone who was put off by the trailer, likely didn't buy the game and rightly so, can't review the game.
So the Mixed review is literally coming from people who actually -wanted- this.

(That's pretty dismal)

And that leads to my next point..

I do wonder, btw, where this thread will go once the folks here actually start playing the thing.

I don't think you need to worry about this .. :lol:

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The users of this turd have spoken.
169DAIv.jpg

Goodbye Arkane.

Truly amazing they didn't learn anything from the Resident Evil Village Denuvogate. Of course, reviewers (read: paid shills) and developers have already started writing shitty pamphlets and berating gamers because they aren't acting in their usually sheep-like manner. Fuck them, fuck Arkane Studios and fuck their employees.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
But it felt liberating to break free entirely, to have executed such quiet devastation. By the end, I was left in awe at the precision of Deathloop’s focus, the liberty and respect afforded to me as a player, and the minimization — though not complete removal — of frustration in a game entirely centered around repetition. The success with which Arkane pulled this all off is a testament to the studio’s incredible talent and intelligence. No other studio makes you feel quite so smart, and no game of theirs has done it better.

I would be highly suspicious of any game that can make a polygon writer "feel quite so smart"

And what I've seen of the AI on ACG's video review.. I would say, it would make a 4 years old feel pretty smart indeed.

Codex Year of the Donut
what's up with the system requirements?
image.png

this is apparently for 1080p btw
https://bethesda.net/en/article/4mVL7pSx3tYuwe9HPfEPmm/deathloop-pc-specs-launch-details
Ultra 4K Specs: 4K / 60 FPS with Ultra Settings
Processor : Intel Core i9-10900K @ 3.70GHz or AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT
Memory : 16 GB system RAM
Graphics : Nvidia RTX 3080 (10GB) or AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT (16GB)
DirectX : Version 12
Storage : 30 GB available space (SSD)
Recommended Specs: 1080p / 60 FPS with High Settings
Processor : Intel Core i7-9700K @ 3.60GHz or AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Memory : 16 GB
Graphics : Nvidia RTX 2060 (6GB) or AMD Radeon RX 5700 (8GB)

It looks like generic FPS game #407 with average graphics, not some cutting edge tech demo semi-game.

Siel

Arcane
Patron
what's up with the system requirements?
image.png

this is apparently for 1080p btw
https://bethesda.net/en/article/4mVL7pSx3tYuwe9HPfEPmm/deathloop-pc-specs-launch-details
Ultra 4K Specs: 4K / 60 FPS with Ultra Settings
Processor : Intel Core i9-10900K @ 3.70GHz or AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT
Memory : 16 GB system RAM
Graphics : Nvidia RTX 3080 (10GB) or AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT (16GB)
Recommended Specs: 1080p / 60 FPS with High Settings
Processor : Intel Core i7-9700K @ 3.60GHz or AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Memory : 16 GB
Graphics : Nvidia RTX 2060 (6GB) or AMD Radeon RX 5700 (8GB)

It looks like generic FPS game #407 with average graphics, not some cutting edge tech demo semi-game.

Theses are retarded because I'm playing the game on my GTX 970 with zero issue

Is it available on gamepass?
Sadly not. Thought it was going to be which is why I didn't D1P but apparently Bethesda signed a deal with Sony before Microsoft bought them so it likely won't be on game pass until 2022. Fortunately I've got access to it via Gaben's sanctioned Steam piracy but I'm already balls deep on Pathfinder and Hedon so I really shouldn't be firing up another big fucking game.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Chinese, East Asians, Arabs and East euros are becoming slowly but steadily a large base of steam users and most of them do not like black protaganists.
That's what I was thinking, and just goes to show in what kind of bubble Western developers live in.

The whole of East Asia, India and the Middle East, and large swathes of South America - which basically makes up 7 billion out of the 7.9 people living on the globe - do not like blacks, do not like to be around them and do not like to see them in their entertainment (the somewhat infamous version of the Chinese the Force Awakens movie poster comes to mind). In one poorly thought-out move motivated solely by virtue signaling they've basically alienated a huge costumer base.

There really was no reason why the game couldn't have featured a character creator.

And all of this is ignoring the fact they've likely also alienated large parts of what should have been their main target demographic - white men - who are by and large the most loyal and most supportive costumers of Arkane and the kind of games they make.

We can all sit here and debate why Dishonored 2 and now Deathloop are stinkers, but I guarantee you one of the main reasons they sold poorly relative to budget and marketing is the fact the focus on the former was on an ugly dyke, and of the later on two moon crickets.

For whom was this game even made? A non-existent SJW crowd that plays immersive sims? If they had wanted to pander to those degenerates they should have just made a dating sim and called it a day.

Arguably, the choice of protagonist also signifies a deep identity crisis for the game. Besides the race of the protagonist, what makes it stand out? It seems to me that Deathloop is by far too weird for its own good, and the Arkane of today lacks the raw talent and laser focus of Ice Pick Lodge to make weird work. Trying to evoke 60s and 70s blaxploitation is also extremely bizarre, since their target demographic likely doesn't even know something like that exists, let alone has any sort of nostalgia for the genre.

Compare the marketing of Deathloop to that of Dishonored and Prey. Dishonored managed to easily convey the main focus of the game - supernatural assassin on a quest for revenge - and the same goes for Prey - immersive sim in the vein of System Shock 2 - but after watching a bunch of trailers for Deathloop it just came across as some cheap NuWolfenstein knockoff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom