Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
And now you are telling me that I am at risk of stepping on some "gay content" this way?
Pretty much, yeah. And it's not going away, either. Certainly not simply because a bunch of people whine about it on some obscure forum. But the world isn't black and white, either. Theres plenty of games that take the "lets make everything as gay and inclooosive as possible" approach to the max, then there's a handful of independent developers who can afford to go against the grain, and then theres a whole world of devs that are somewhere in between. Do those handful of gay interactions you have to go through in the first 5 hours of a 100+ hour game really feel like the game is pushing a specific agenda, or is it just your general distaste for any kind of said content? Personally, I'm apalled by devs that go the extra mile to cater to the SJW crowd wherever they can, but to me WotR (and Kingmaker) simply don't feel all that SJW cater~y. Certainly not as much as Obsidian, Inxile or even Larian.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Random encounter in act 3. I think visiting Wintersun is what triggers it on the world map after you leave the area. Visit the temple west of Drezen and grab the notes beforehand just to be sure.

I definitely did wintersun and 100% cleared it so can't be that, same for the temple I think, assuming you're referring to the one dedicated to stag god that has cultist lair in basement.

Another possibility is this is a consequence of picking the Azata unique option of rushing the act 3 finale I guess. I had let a week pass to ensure was no more quests but clearly wasn't enough.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
And now you are telling me that I am at risk of stepping on some "gay content" this way?
Pretty much, yeah. And it's not going away, either. Certainly not simply because a bunch of people whine about it on some obscure forum. But the world isn't black and white, either. Theres plenty of games that take the "lets make everything as gay and inclooosive as possible" approach to the max, then there's a handful of independent developers who can afford to go against the grain, and then theres a whole world of devs that are somewhere in between. Do those handful of gay interactions you have to go through in the first 5 hours of a 100+ hour game really feel like the game is pushing a specific agenda, or is it just your general distaste for any kind of said content? Personally, I'm apalled by devs that go the extra mile to cater to the SJW crowd wherever they can, but to me WotR (and Kingmaker) simply don't feel all that SJW cater~y. Certainly not as much as Obsidian, Inxile or even Larian.

This. The game ain't Siege of Dragonspear. People only give you their life stories if you prod them and ask for it.

As much as I detest the SJW camp, and argue against those that say no "politics" should be discussed in gaming threads, it really seems like a lot of people on the Codex go out of their way to find things to be offended at these days.

Such behaviour is not far removed from places like ResetEra, just done from the opposite direction.

Mauman

Learned
Brown Fur Transmuter is a bit insane.

Want to have your beefy fighter have 30+ strength by level 3? No problem. Ditto for dex if you use reduce person.

Take enduing spells at and greater enduring spells ASAP and it's just nutso.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
How? I've been pulling him out and talking to him regularly but the convo hasn't been updating with anything new.

I... don't actually know. He's been a +3, Brilliant Energy, Heartseeker fauchard since I was level 10.

I suspect he might be level gated?

Maybe I should check lol. Maybe he get upgraded in Labyrinth or lab. I got the encounter.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
How? I've been pulling him out and talking to him regularly but the convo hasn't been updating with anything new.

I... don't actually know. He's been a +3, Brilliant Energy, Heartseeker fauchard since I was level 10.

I suspect he might be level gated?

Maybe I should check lol. Maybe he get upgraded in Labyrinth or lab. I got the encounter.

I think Finn only has two upgrades.

When I did his final quest he was still a +3 Brilliant Energy, Heartseeker weapon.

You can either set him free or surrender him to the dwarf bladesmith in his final quest. If you set him free, he says part of his spirit will always be infused in your weapon, but the weapon disappeared. I'm not sure whether this was a bug or just something stupid I missed.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I really want to get rid of Seelah - What's a good tanky replacement class, merc-wise? I guess with the power levels being what they are the classic heavy armor/shield approach won't work.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Saark it is all well understood. What I do not like is the fact that you're basing your arguments on this inevitability and consider this "OK'ish". This is an explicit affront against a very specific group, which definitely represents the majority of gamers. Whether it is the majority of the population or not is another matter.

What to do with it is another matter, too. I enjoy the fact that, apparently, Owlcat Games made a fortune on this. There is some subversion as well - at least 2 Mythic Paths (from what I saw) can straight up kill Irabeth. Also, there is life - people of all the letters of LGBTQI+ soup exist. And, for sure, there are other games, like Black Book, with only white heterosexual men and women and some devilry.

All of this does not make an affront not an affront. What I don't like - not in the game, but in your arguments - that it seems to me you are trying to disguise that. Maybe I'm just wrong.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
yooo I managed to beat the Shield Maze Water Elemental on Core finally!

I think they put the Cold Resist potion back in so you’re one of the last to master it hard as style. Wasted me this time.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Welp, stuck in the second Demon Mythic Path questline. After running around Alushinyrra to find Information about Areelu, and doing the fight in the Brothel and Arena, I ask Yozz to teleport me back to the Palace and I am greeted with a game over screen every time. Lovely. Not annoying enough already that you're running around with almost no movespeed as you are by yourself during those sequences but have the full party inventory.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
>opens up crusade management

>uninstall

god why, I don’t want to do this again
:negative:

Saark

Arcane
Patron
All of this does not make an affront not an affront. What I don't like - not in the game, but in your arguments - that it seems to me you are trying to disguise that. Maybe I'm just wrong.
You are wrong with that assumption, yes.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I find it incredibly funny that suddenly a bunch of Russkis are defending a game they would otherwise deride as cucked western bullshit if it was made by any other dev. :lol:

Gradenmayer

Learned
Dude, I cannot. They did they same exact fuck-ups they did the last game.

Dogshit optimization with shitton of memory leaks, visual glitches and game ruining bugs (including bugs that were fixed in the first game, like enemies becoming immortal for no reason). How fucking retarded do you have to be to make the same bugs AGAIN?
Half of the damn game you will spend on loading screens! Why does it have to load in to every open world battle, house, map, crusade encounter? Holy shit!

Not even gonna mention ridiculous number bloat to add artificial difficulty, because the AI for the enemies is below single digit. All the billion spells, feats and skills add into tactic of "prebuff correctly, dispell and right click to win". There is no clever use of geometry, no uniquely structured encounters, it's all "dump a bunch of enemies on you to right click".

Writing, story, plot and most of the characters are trash. Writers are mouthbreathers, who never heard about 'prose style' and 'show don't tell' in middle school. I haven't seen text this dry since I've played Outer Worlds. Half of the companions are cringe, the other half are just bearable (not fucking up grounded witty-guy and serious, rational, determined knight is not an achievement nowadays, sorry).

Crusade mode is pure essence of retardation and wasted resources. Why do you add unnecessary trash like this instead of improving other parts of the game? If people wanted to play constipated version HoMM they would just play one of the mirriad mods for their game.

Every fucking moment I spent in this game can be described as 'its fine, but could be done better' stretched over 100 hours.

Build autism, mythic paths and reactivity were the only things that improved in this game. All other aspects have either stagnated or became worse. I honestly wouldn't give this more than 6 out of 10. Which leaves me buffled with some retards that present this as god-tier game here. Get the fuck out with that bullshit!

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I really want to get rid of Seelah - What's a good tanky replacement class, merc-wise? I guess with the power levels being what they are the classic heavy armor/shield approach won't work.
Just use Camellia :M

That's even worse. I hate the Shaman class, although I couldn't tell you why. Something about... gah. To say nothing of her personality.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Just use Camellia :M

That's even worse. I hate the Shaman class, although I couldn't tell you why. Something about... gah. To say nothing of her personality.

Yeah , Shaman is super wacky. I just made her a buff bot that can get high AC. She doesn't anything particular outside of not getting beat , most of the time..

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Almost any class can become tanky, if you are willing to use buffs. Since you're playing a Sohei, you can boost your horse's AC to make him unhittable without having to waste a character as a "tank" (your characters should really do more impactful things than soaking up hits). Make him Bulky (or whatever the archetype that gives armor proficiency is called) and cast Shield of Faith, Barkskin, Cat's Grace, and Shield on him. Take Impossible Domain: Nobility on your Cleric for the Insight bonus, and you should be set. So I guess my answer is an Alchemist, since it allows you to cast both Shield and Barkskin on your mount. Make him a Vivisectionist if you also need a melee fighter or an Incense Synthesizer for the alchemical bonus to hit.

Personally, right now I'm using a Bard Seelah as my "tanky" character. With a light armor, a shield, the Dodge feats, and Crane Style, she is sitting on AC 40 since level 6. I'm playing her as a Dirge Bard, but using the Tranquil Whisperer archetype you could snatch a couple more points of AC (I prefer Inspire Courage, but once you reach level 8 you can use Inspire Tranquility when you need better defense and Dirge of Doom when you need better offence, even though I guess that the AC bonus of Inspire Tranquility can't compete with the general usefulness of Dirge of Doom... I guess it depends on how many enemies are immune to it).

Now that I think about it, I can't wait to try an all-performers party, consisting only of halfling Bards and Skalds. With the insane amount of different archetypes (Dirge Bard, standard Skald, Tranquil Whisperer, Beast Tamer, Archeologist, Court Poet, Hunt Caller, and Battle Singer) it sounds more than possible.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom