Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

Perkel

Arcane
Fingers crossed for QoL changes, balance changes and snew stuff added after launch.

gold autopickup and 2 more shared stash pages. That is all qol. Rest is just graphics. And pad support which is nice.

U didnt play Path of Diablo, Project diablo I see.

those are superior mods to the vanilla game, in every objective way.

I did play all of them along with pretty much all mods to even D1 which i played as late as 2 months ago. They have some QOL but playing 24 fps on some shitty resolution hacked into game with super lags because D2 shitty netcode isn't great thing.

D2 with Puty is pretty much still the best experience you can get.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron

Nobody seen this?

THis looking fucking L E G I T.

Jees it looks good.. H Y P E neggas. 1 more week.

Summon necro lets go.

Fingers crossed for QoL changes, balance changes and snew stuff added after launch.

Blizzard can make great cinematics. We get it. More news at 11. Too bad however that they can't update a fucking game without censoring its art first.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
You'd be a massive retard to actually think the remastered graphcis are bad.

They are extremely faithful and tasteful to the vanilla, why? becuase its essentially running on top the base game.

This is how you do a proper remaster.. fuck u, and fuck the haters.
hype

Takamori

Learned
The overall art on monster and lightning its pretty good but the problem is the color palette of the monsters, they blend with the environment compared to the classic D2 where the color palette you can see then without any issues.

As for character designs I think only Sorc and Necro remained faithful to their original counterpart, I know we are on codex and people chimp out with black people but Paladin looks like Lamar from GTA V its almost sound like the dev is being ironically racist with the character.

Druid they aged him like milk for unknown reasons? When you could see he was young in the concept art

Amazon jokes a part about being trans but as much you spend time staring you can see an old lady at her 50's almost 60. Like it could be a cool concept for a new game but for amazon in D2 she was a women on her 20s peak youth and body health.

Barbarian they turned him into Norf FC meme, he looks like a old ass hooligan on his 40's with a beer gut, tired waiting for England to score some fucking goals

Assassin they turned her into asian for fucking reasons? When she was a goth white chick? I'm asian I don't need this sort of representation if anything I feel really insulted with this retarded way of scoring brownie points. Follow the fucking original artwork if you want to add asian character create a proper new IP and don't reuse old stuff because you are too lazy to create something new and interesting

Now on game quality I ain't buying unless they fix the melee netcode and B.NET on beta it showed a really dread scenario of Blizzard doing the bare minimum regarding quality of life. I don't trust VV in this remaster at all if anything show they never touched D2 in their lifetimes or just played normal campaign once and called a day.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, they made her Asian for a reason, they haven't pulled that out of their ass. The assassin order she comes from is Eastern. Maybe she was always supposed to be Asian, but they didn't do a good job representing that in the concept art. Or maybe it wasn't in the lore yet.

Generic-Giant-Spider

All right I'm gonna say it: Druid was always ugly as fuck. He originally looked like a dude with a receding hairline, now he looks like a cracked out Nord. Who cares, Druids were gay anyways.

Assassin, Paladin, Amazon, Barbarian got smashed the worst.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
You'd be a massive retard to actually think the remastered graphcis are bad.

They are extremely faithful and tasteful to the vanilla, why? becuase its essentially running on top the base game.

This is how you do a proper remaster.. fuck u, and fuck the haters.
hype

I am not talking about the graphics, I am talking about the art style. I myself have no problem on how the game looks, but I have a problem with people injecting their shitty feminist dogma (male gaze bad! sexual objectification of women bad!) into a 20 years old game and then call it a "faithful" remaster. There was absolutely no reason to fucking censor anything in this game, but they did it anyway, and this is what pissing me off.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Well, they made her Asian for a reason, they haven't pulled that out of their ass. The assassin order she comes from is Eastern. Maybe she was always supposed to be Asian, but they didn't do a good job representing that in the concept art. Or maybe it wasn't in the lore yet.

Uh.... in a fantasy world? So ALL EASTERN lands in ANY WORLD are fucking Asian even if No ASIA exists? That's fucking retarded. No, this is pure Chink China Blizz influence. I'm fucking surprised they aren't all Asian-themed.

Well, we have
Trans
Goth
Nigger
Hobo/homeless
Large chunky chad
And magic chick.

They didn't want to redo all the voice acting.

Takamori

Learned

Uh.... in a fantasy world? So ALL EASTERN lands in ANY WORLD are fucking Asian even if No ASIA exists? That's fucking retarded. No, this is pure Chink China Blizz influence. I'm fucking surprised they aren't all Asian-themed.

Well, we have
Trans
Goth
African American
Hobo/homeless
Large chunky chad
And magic chick.

If they redid the VA it would mean they would had plans to add future content for the game.

Like the art is just the tip of the iceberg. So far my experience with the "new" BNET its a nostalgic experience with dial up modem back in 1999, shit was rubberbanding all over the place. Melee characters still have the issue if something is moving you wont hit at all.
Also probably they didn't fix the runeduping issues and botting.

People are hoping for all those QoL from PD2, they won't get any, its a bare minimum effort release to get those MAUs up from zoomers so they don't look so bad in the next semester report to their investors.

Enjoy autopick up gold and shared stash I guess?

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

They should have since nobody can believe that this voice:

Belongs to this face:

qqm3VC.png

I do recommend this voice tone for the new Amazon:

Codex Year of the Donut
Viz-Jaq'taar is based in Kehjistan, this is a Kehjistani man:
Abdal-Hazir-Portrait.png

vibehunter

Learned
Since Last Epoch was mentioned a few times in this thread, would anyone recommend that game over something like Grim Dawn? Been looking to sink my teeth into an ARPG and these two seem to be the top recommendations these days (POE has too much autism for my taste).

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Since Last Epoch was mentioned a few times in this thread, would anyone recommend that game over something like Grim Dawn? Been looking to sink my teeth into an ARPG and these two seem to be the top recommendations these days (POE has too much autism for my taste).

It feels different but Last Epoch is amazing, especially when you set the game to 2x speed via SpeedHack.

Harthwain

Magister
Just because the order comes from the East doesn't mean her place of birth matches that.

And you don't really need to look at the concept art. The middle version is the official model, if I am not mistaken:

9o2o723wuoi61.jpg

Peachcurl

Cipher

Try Grim Dawn then. It's an excellent finished game.

Last Epoch is great as well, but also early access.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Last Epoch has worse optimization since it is still EA game. But its skill tree and options seem better than grim dawn.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin

Try Grim Dawn then. It's an excellent finished game.

Last Epoch is great as well, but also early access.
Does it have level scaling?

Peachcurl

Cipher
Does it have level scaling?

Both games have limited level scaling, i.e., scaling in some kind of bracket depending on the area.

Although I think in case of Last Epoch, the (unfinished) campaign has no scaling, so it's only parts of the endgame content that scales. If they didn't change that recently.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom