Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Dude, I cannot. They did they same exact fuck-ups they did the last game.

Dogshit optimization with shitton of memory leaks, visual glitches and game ruining bugs (including bugs that were fixed in the first game, like enemies becoming immortal for no reason). How fucking retarded do you have to be to make the same bugs AGAIN?
Half of the damn game you will spend on loading screens! Why does it have to load in to every open world battle, house, map, crusade encounter? Holy shit!

Not even gonna mention ridiculous number bloat to add artificial difficulty, because the AI for the enemies is below single digit. All the billion spells, feats and skills add into tactic of "prebuff correctly, dispell and right click to win". There is no clever use of geometry, no uniquely structured encounters, it's all "dump a bunch of enemies on you to right click".

Writing, story, plot and most of the characters are trash. Writers are mouthbreathers, who never heard about 'prose style' and 'show don't tell' in middle school. I haven't seen text this dry since I've played Outer Worlds. Half of the companions are cringe, the other half are just bearable (not fucking up grounded witty-guy and serious, rational, determined knight is not an achievement nowadays, sorry).

Crusade mode is pure essence of retardation and wasted resources. Why do you add unnecessary trash like this instead of improving other parts of the game? If people wanted to play constipated version HoMM they would just play one of the mirriad mods for their game.

Every fucking moment I spent in this game can be described as 'its fine, but could be done better' stretched over 100 hours.

Build autism, mythic paths and reactivity were the only things that improved in this game. All other aspects have either stagnated or became worse. I honestly wouldn't give this more than 6 out of 10. Which leaves me buffled with some retards that present this as god-tier game here. Get the fuck out with that bullshit!

Welp the rest of you phaggots can give up now, this is the ultimate exemplar of the genre.

Last edited:
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
I am already planning to play an Oracle Purifier in a subsequent play through, but are latter acts filled with fire or energy resistant enemies? Am I punch myself in the face by focusing on fire spells?

Early on you get an ability that lets you bypass damage reduction/immunity of one element.

Thonius

Arcane

Dogshit optimization with shitton of memory leaks, visual glitches and game ruining bugs (including bugs that were fixed in the first game, like enemies becoming immortal for no reason). How fucking retarded do you have to be to make the same bugs AGAIN?
Half of the damn game you will spend on loading screens! Why does it have to load in to every open world battle, house, map, crusade encounter? Holy shit!

Not even gonna mention ridiculous number bloat to add artificial difficulty, because the AI for the enemies is below single digit. All the billion spells, feats and skills add into tactic of "prebuff correctly, dispell and right click to win". There is no clever use of geometry, no uniquely structured encounters, it's all "dump a bunch of enemies on you to right click".

Writing, story, plot and most of the characters are trash. Writers are mouthbreathers, who never heard about 'prose style' and 'show don't tell' in middle school. I haven't seen text this dry since I've played Outer Worlds. Half of the companions are cringe, the other half are just bearable (not fucking up grounded witty-guy and serious, rational, determined knight is not an achievement nowadays, sorry).

Crusade mode is pure essence of retardation and wasted resources. Why do you add unnecessary trash like this instead of improving other parts of the game? If people wanted to play constipated version HoMM they would just play one of the mirriad mods for their game.

Every fucking moment I spent in this game can be described as 'its fine, but could be done better' stretched over 100 hours.

Build autism, mythic paths and reactivity were the only things that improved in this game. All other aspects have either stagnated or became worse. I honestly wouldn't give this more than 6 out of 10. Which leaves me buffled with some retards that present this as god-tier game here. Get the fuck out with that bullshit!

1) Optimization - FALSE, but a better PC, I'm playing on HARDDRIVE, got fast loading. ( I got Ryzen 5900X)
2) Toggle extra AI behaviors. Play on the core.
3) Partially True
4) Partially True, I got a suspicion that they expected it to be easier to implement wanted to rid of it but discovered that they INDEED PROMISED IT IN KS, so they had to do it. So they did just "на отъебись".
5) True about char building.

SNOPES DECLARES IT - MOSTLY FALSE. Git gud.

Desiderius

Patron
Pro tip:

Leave the puzzle pieces in at Conundrum Unsolved. If you take them out the other locations will not be available.

Desiderius

Patron
fug how am I supposed to kill
the "nothing personnel not even my final form" tiefling that evocates a demon in Drezen?
I'm low on scrolls and hold onto my heavy counter evil stuff for the final battle.

You can rest man there are three different places in Drezen to reduce corruption. Not supposed to do it in one go.

Parabalus

Arcane
I am already planning to play an Oracle Purifier in a subsequent play through, but are latter acts filled with fire or energy resistant enemies? Am I punching myself in the face by focusing on fire spells?

You take Ascended element and ignore it, but you can't skip the feat really.

There are also ways to convert all damage to a particular type, e.g. braces which turn everything to electricity.

The HoMM is great. All y’all are a bunch of prejudiced miserable fucktards. Make them keep developing into a gem.

A3 is fine, A5 is a boring slog. Your mage does 100kk (not a type) in a 5x5 AoE, yet you keep losing the auto-resolve and have to play it.

Funniest bug ever.
I can't use the ESC button to bring up the menu needed to save or quit the game.

Had that happen often, sometimes you're lucky enough to be able to use the gear icon.

Reinhardt

Arcane
You asked it, we deliver!
Pro tip of the day: Install Toy box Mode and Enable Multiple Romance At the same time!
Enjoy!
But why? There is barely enough romances to have even 1 at the time. If you are not lich, of course, and not paying for sex.
Will probably end with succubus if she's not some psycho too.

Thonius

Arcane
I am already planning to play an Oracle Purifier in a subsequent play through, but are latter acts filled with fire or energy resistant enemies? Am I punching myself in the face by focusing on fire spells?

You take Ascended element and ignore it, but you can't skip the feat really.

There are also ways to convert all damage to a particular type, e.g. braces which turn everything to electricity.

The HoMM is great. All y’all are a bunch of prejudiced miserable fucktards. Make them keep developing into a gem.

A3 is fine, A5 is a boring slog. Your mage does 100kk (not a type) in a 5x5 AoE, yet you keep losing the auto-resolve and have to play it.

Funniest bug ever.
I can't use the ESC button to bring up the menu needed to save or quit the game.

Had that happen often, sometimes you're lucky enough to be able to use the gear icon.
You can also be sorc with elemental bloodline, which converts some spells (for example burning hands got acid dmg for you if you got earth elemental) with mythic feat it's pretty badass.

FriendlyMerchant

HoMM3+4 are great. Homm5 is a mediocre at best downgrade of HoMM4. Now guess which one this game's crusade system is based on.

Vatnik Wumao

Robber Baron

Savant
fug how am I supposed to kill
the "nothing personnel not even my final form" tiefling that evocates a demon in Drezen?
I'm low on scrolls and hold onto my heavy counter evil stuff for the final battle.

You can rest man there are three different places in Drezen to reduce corruption. Not supposed to do it in one go.

It's just one of those things to spice things up, how long can you keep up before hitting a road block etc

Gradenmayer

Learned

1) Optimization - FALSE, but a better PC, I'm playing on HARDDRIVE, got fast loading. ( I got Ryzen 5900X)
2) Toggle extra AI behaviors. Play on the core.
3) Partially True
4) Partially True, I got a suspicion that they expected it to be easier to implement wanted to rid of it but discovered that they INDEED PROMISED IT IN KS, so they had to do it. So they did just "на отъебись".
5) True about char building.

SNOPES DECLARES IT - MOSTLY FALSE. Git gud.
You will understand what I mean by bad optimisation when you reach acts that were not in the beta. My PC is high end with m2 SSD, the lags and memory leaks (that lead to long loading screens) happen disgustingly often.

Finished the game on Core, AI still struggles and is compensated for it by huge stat bloat. Again, inability to make well design encounters showing (the Demon raid on Tavern was top-notch for example, nothing of that quality ever happens again in the game).

I liked the game before act 4 (or whichever the Abyssal city is), but during and after that- it just kept going downhill.

Efe

Erudite
How? I've been pulling him out and talking to him regularly but the convo hasn't been updating with anything new.
you get two notes about finnean, then after wintersun you get a random encounter trying to get him back, which makes him smt like +3 brilliant energy
I didnt see his final form but are you sure hes longsword only or are you mistaking him for radiance?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom