Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Vatnik Wumao
I feel the neutral side overtaking me.
RtRW2aN.png

Parabalus

Arcane
How? I've been pulling him out and talking to him regularly but the convo hasn't been updating with anything new.
you get two notes about finnean, then after wintersun you get a random encounter trying to get him back, which makes him smt like +3 brilliant energy
I didnt see his final form but are you sure hes longsword only or are you mistaking him for radiance?

He can be both longsword or remain shapechanger, C&C.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Still I won't excuse Owlcat since I believe that early game saturation with gays was there simply to secure higher ratings with reviewers.
Why? In my opinion this is the clearest sign what they actually think about all of this Western shit.

For me it means that they cared more about journos giving them good reviews over some users getting fed-up with the barrage of woke bullcrap. I also think that you can't say that the game is unfairly attacked for being woke, since Owlcat itself is responsible for this.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
For me it means that they cared more about journos giving them good reviews over some users getting fed-up with the barrage of woke bullcrap.
I agree with this statement. IIRC it is called "marketing", no? I am an ESL, so I might mix things up.

Imagine the levels of obnoxiousness required, so Paizo would "fire" a POC employee.
It's like they fired Seelah, huh.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Dude, I cannot. They did they same exact fuck-ups they did the last game.

Dogshit optimization with shitton of memory leaks, visual glitches and game ruining bugs (including bugs that were fixed in the first game, like enemies becoming immortal for no reason). How fucking retarded do you have to be to make the same bugs AGAIN?
Half of the damn game you will spend on loading screens! Why does it have to load in to every open world battle, house, map, crusade encounter? Holy shit!
I'm not one to bring up the "upgrade your toaster" argument, but I'm playing this at 1440p with all options maxed out, on a machine that's a bit over 7 years old. The only newer component is a 1080ti (2017), which I bought second hand in 2020. I'm just saying it's not all that about the optimization. And yes, you need an ssd, damn it.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Still I won't excuse Owlcat since I believe that early game saturation with gays was there simply to secure higher ratings with reviewers.
Why? In my opinion this is the clearest sign what they actually think about all of this Western shit.

For me it means that they cared more about journos giving them good reviews over some users getting fed-up with the barrage of woke bullcrap. I also think that you can't say that the game is unfairly attacked for being woke, since Owlcat itself is responsible for this.

TBF not just journos. Gamergate was VC driven. TPTB have crushed any meaningful pro-worker left with this shit. Probably told by Rus govt(?) that they had to put it in for Western markets too.

As with Linus tho it’s not like it’s under duress. Their ignorance or insouciance is on them.

It's imperative on us to push back on it because it's absolutely an affront and will get worse until we do.

Desiderius

Patron
Dude, I cannot. They did they same exact fuck-ups they did the last game.

Dogshit optimization with shitton of memory leaks, visual glitches and game ruining bugs (including bugs that were fixed in the first game, like enemies becoming immortal for no reason). How fucking retarded do you have to be to make the same bugs AGAIN?
Half of the damn game you will spend on loading screens! Why does it have to load in to every open world battle, house, map, crusade encounter? Holy shit!
I'm not one to bring up the "upgrade your toaster" argument, but I'm playing this at 1440p with all options maxed out, on a machine that's a bit over 7 years old. The only newer component is a 1080ti (2017), which I bought second hand in 2020. I'm just saying it's not all that about the optimization. And yes, you need an ssd, damn it.

My machine was struggling with BG3 so took to a repair shop in bad part of town and had them upgrade system with existing tower/monitor. $1,470 BG3 and this run great. Hope to last another ten years.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Is this game better than BG2 for those who have finished it or are in the late game?

If you don’t answer I’m going to make a thread and I don’t care how many times Infinitron retardo’s it.
I don't need to finish it. In some metrics, it definetly is better than any IE game. Particularly those measuring how close it is to a PnP experience.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I agree with your main point (there could have been more detail and reactivity), but I don't think the neathers should be depicted as all that brutal.

I refer to Wendy as a brute because of her alignment. Simple and evil rarely gets you anything else. I'd expect most other mongrels to have a sense of down-to-earth pragmatism.

Yeah Finnean's an okay backstop early in the game, but +1 gets old pretty fast.

He goes up to +3 at least.

How? I've been pulling him out and talking to him regularly but the convo hasn't been updating with anything new.
Hey man, we don't need to know stuff like that. Leave your private stuff inside your house.

Desiderius

Patron
Nope im just saying that since they are Anti Putin it trumps their Easterness because they look to the west so to speak and moves them back into Westerdation territory.

I know I'm saying that's nerdish retardation/obliviousness combined with Slavic backwardness. Need to step things up to keep up with their design chops.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Will edit in my pc specs later but i have a potato pc and have found this game remarkably well optimised, especially in comparison to kingmaker.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
NVIDIA GE Force GTX 750 ti

Short loading times and smooth performance on medium settings with shadows off resulting in only drezen giving me problems where keep experiencing slow downs and memory leaks.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Patron
Is this game better than BG2 for those who have finished it or are in the late game?

If you don’t answer I’m going to make a thread and I don’t care how many times Infinitron retardo’s it.
I don't need to finish it. In some metrics, it definetly is better than any IE game. Particularly those measuring how close it is to a PnP experience.
Actually I remember I made a thread a while ago which can contribute to answering your question: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/what-makes-a-baldurs-gate-to-you.132106/

Zayne

Scholar
Act 4 is excellent, haven't been enjoying cRPG this much since Mask of the Betrayer.

Quests are awesome, the Alushinyrra itself is beautiful, landscape changing with camera rotation is ingenious.

But the best aspect is a quiet sense of dread when you're walking in a "civilian" location with full buffs on because you can be attacked by hordes of ravaging demons at any moment.

Still not enough Mythic-specific content for Azata though. Yeah, I got to stage a "slave rebellion", without any slaves participating. No consequences either, except for flowers growing in the Fleshmarket. Everyone acknowledge that I've killed Minagho, but noone cares that I've single-handedly crippled Alushinyrra's economy. And anyone could've killed slavers there using [Attack] dialogue option (which I did aswell, because fighting the whole Fleshmarket at once was too much for me). Couldn't even save fallen azata in Arushalae quest, just spawned some more flowers. Aivu is still nice, but I've expected him to be the cherry on top, not the main dish for mythic path.

Should've chosen trickster instead.

Desiderius

Patron
O-Ok...
XY1XnQP.png

Doesn’t get much lower than the cannibal friendzone. That’s a big red x in the old quest log there, champ.
Well, it's my PC who friendzoned her given that he refused her advances during that ritual. Only a qt succubi is befitting of my PC's affection.

Nice theory wrong species. She’s using you as emotional tampon you’re the one in the friendzone.

My CN Archie Trickster boned her in the last beta and then froze her out. Might be interesting theoretically to see where the writers take that one but my guess is that it’s a path unlikely ever to be revealed.

Killed her once and was pretty anticlimactic so I’ll end up telling her to knock it off on non-lawful playthroughs and lay down the lawl when lawful.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom