Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline African Americans no longer allowed on the Codex?

Reinhardt

Arcane
НИГГЕР!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
While it is of course "all in good fun" I have repeatedly pointed out that this sort of mod fuckery is the death knell of any community. It shows how much the administration disrespects their users. I've seen this behavior before on other forums and they all inevitably turned to RPGNet-esque bullshit.

You can't simultaneously pretend to value freedom of speech and then turn around and filter out terms.

Consider that the problem may be that the authoritarian Australian government doesn't value it https://nypost.com/2021/09/08/austr...tlets-can-be-sued-for-facebook-user-comments/

DU's been clear for years that he's not so much "I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" but "Say whatever you want up until the point where it becomes a legal inconvenience for me." Certain kinds of speech are now too much of an inconvenience to let slide. Criticism of RPGs has yet to be regulated, as far as I know, so that's fair game.

Everyone laughed when Maxie was banned with no recourse and explanation but this is what will inevitably happen to others as well.

Maxie demanded to be nuked, I saw his request myself.

Can't handle the bacon

Why anyone would take fedoracuck seriously and bother replying to his butthurt drivel is beyond me. waah muh marxie waaah

Seethe, nigger. :smug:

Generic-Giant-Spider

Everyone laughed when Maxie was banned with no recourse and explanation but this is what will inevitably happen to others as well.

We're all going to be phased out or assimilated over time. The future rapists/current day devs gave their list of demands for getting interviews.

The posters such as Liberal who came out of a vagina feet-first don't see this yet because they're too wrapped up in their online ego being bruised by a based Pole with a dog avvy.

Ehrenmann

While it is of course "all in good fun" I have repeatedly pointed out that this sort of mod fuckery is the death knell of any community. It shows how much the administration disrespects their users. I've seen this behavior before on other forums and they all inevitably turned to RPGNet-esque bullshit.

You can't simultaneously pretend to value freedom of speech and then turn around and filter out terms.

Consider that the problem may be that the authoritarian Australian government doesn't value it https://nypost.com/2021/09/08/austr...tlets-can-be-sued-for-facebook-user-comments/

DU's been clear for years that he's not so much "I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" but "Say whatever you want up until the point where it becomes a legal inconvenience for me." Certain kinds of speech are now too much of an inconvenience to let slide. Criticism of RPGs has yet to be regulated, as far as I know, so that's fair game.
DU is so afraid of the government that few days ago he added a button mocking niggers. Nice coverup story but I am not falling for this shit.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

Maxie demanded to be nuked, I saw his request myself.

If DU is afraid of getting into trouble he ought to drop the act and make the forum presentable instead of going the Idi Amin route of "Say what you want but we can fuck you for saying the wrong thing at any moment".

And I wonder why Maxie demanded to be nuked after getting fucked with for weeks with no real response from the moderation of the site. If you're going to give someone a timeout then define for how long instead of willy-nilly prolonging his ban because other people said something you didn't like.

Can't handle the bacon

It's easy to say nіgger if you use the Cyrillic "і" character.
Thanks for pointing this out so that the devs can patch it, just like they did with the Cyrillic e character.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
You guys bypassing the filter with your cute tricks might as well just ask for a self-ejection right now. :M

And I wonder why Maxie demanded to be nuked after getting fucked with for weeks with no real response from the moderation of the site. If you're going to give someone a timeout then define for how long instead of willy-nilly prolonging his ban because other people said something you didn't like.

Maxie was free to post in the forum itself. He couldn't come back in the shoutbox until he completed a Star Stable challenge.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Maxie was free to post in the forum itself. He couldn't come back in the shoutbox until he completed a Star Stable challenge.

And that is the definition of mod fuckery. It's the same shit the retard mods over at Something Fucking Awful pull when they don't like somebody - Meaning when they don't agree with someone's politics.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
While it is of course "all in good fun" I have repeatedly pointed out that this sort of mod fuckery is the death knell of any community. It shows how much the administration disrespects their users.
Bitch, please. They've been at it for years and Codex is in no way better or worse for it.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
While it is of course "all in good fun" I have repeatedly pointed out that this sort of mod fuckery is the death knell of any community. It shows how much the administration disrespects their users.
Bitch, please. They've been at it for years and Codex is in no way better or worse for it.

I can not make a statement about the "deep lore" of the Codex since I wasn't there for it. I am simply pointing out the parallels I see to other forums where this happened and how they ended up.
As negative as I am sometimes, especially around here, I actually value this place and its people and I don't want it to turn into another SA or Reddit or RPGnet or...

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron

I can not make a statement about the "deep lore" of the Codex since I wasn't there for it. I am simply pointing out the parallels I see to other forums where this happened and how they ended up.
As negative as I am sometimes, especially around here, I actually value this place and its people and I don't want it to turn into another SA or Reddit or RPGnet or...
Honestly if it comes down to it I will pony up for another site where we can talk about RPGs while using the word nigger. I can't code for shit but running a forum is within my skillset. I used to run both pker.org and mymmorpg.com back in the day

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
And that is the definition of mod fuckery. It's the same shit the retard mods over at Something Fucking Awful pull when they don't like somebody - Meaning when they don't agree with someone's politics.

Maxie's not a conservative, he voted for Trzaskowski. :lol:

Additionally this was the behavior that got him kicked out of the box https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/free-maxie.137098/page-11#post-7263011

What does that have to do with anything?
Let me rephrase: People on SA who aren't left of Stalin get fucked with for no reason other than their politics.

Maxie was a deliberately disruptive little shit but so are other posters here. Not to mention the obvious alts. I don't see those getting fucked with.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
What does that have to do with anything?
Let me rephrase: People on SA who aren't left of Stalin get fucked with for no reason other than their politics.

Maxie was a deliberately disruptive little shit but so are other posters here. Not to mention the obvious alts. I don't see those getting fucked with.

Maxie was told to stop making the shoutbox an annoying experience for those who are here to communicate in the lingua franca, and not only kept disregarding the command after multiple temp bans, but also insulted the admin who gave it to him. And you're shocked that this resulted in a punishment for him and not others who haven't done this?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom