Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline African Americans no longer allowed on the Codex?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
What does that have to do with anything?
Let me rephrase: People on SA who aren't left of Stalin get fucked with for no reason other than their politics.

Maxie was a deliberately disruptive little shit but so are other posters here. Not to mention the obvious alts. I don't see those getting fucked with.

Maxie was told to stop making the shoutbox an annoying experience for those who are here to communicate in the lingua franca, and not only kept disregarding the command after multiple temp bans, but also insulted the admin who gave it to him. And you're shocked that this resulted in a punishment for him and not others who haven't done this?

No, I'm "shocked" the administration made such a fuss about instead of simply putting him in the Prosperium and making a concise statement why. You banned him from Shoutbox, then randomly prolonged the ban because other people were also fucking around.

E: And its not like Shoutbox content improved all that much without him. Polebox was annoying but schizo power hour with the usual suspects isn't any better.

Can't handle the bacon

Crispy is always pointlessly angry, that confirms nothing.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Maxie's not a conservative, he voted for Trzaskowski.
Against Duda. You need a special disease of the mind to vote for Duda.

Maxie can still be a conservative, just not a very stupid one.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Maxie had it coming. Taking the bar analogy from the few rules the site has, constantly picking a fight with the bouncers and all off the staff is just retarded.

As for Negroid restrictions:
Can't imagine it to be anything permanent. The origin is fairly obvious. DU added the Nigger button lately, using a very aggressive racist caricature from a comic about George Floyd for it. That got a bit of backlash, as can be seen in the button thread. DU probably added the word filter as a retort, as a passive aggressive sort of: "Oh you don't want to be racist? Then nobody gets to be racist."

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!

Exactly.

no amount of user complaints can successfully debate against the Australian legal system

Which means earlier statement may or may not become relevant sometime in the future.

But for right now and when it was made, it's pure conjecture contingent on variables you have neither knowledge nor control over. And I'm talking about DU's whim, not the Australian legal system.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Maxie was put under fire because a lot of people on Shoutbox got their feelings smashed and did a lot of adderall-fueled reporting. Niggaz couldn't handle yung Maxie's wit and ran crying and pulling on Crispy's skirt. Softskins like that wouldn't last an hour in my hood.

I put Maxie into a Doom WAD representation of my hood and you know what? He killed every single enemy. Including the Cyberdemon I called the landlord. He even killed me in what I can only assume was a cold blooded show of power. That's when I knew, that's when I knew Maxie was a real one.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Maxie was told to stop making the shoutbox an annoying experience for those who are here to communicate in the lingua franca, and not only kept disregarding the command after multiple temp bans, but also insulted the admin who gave it to him. And you're shocked that this resulted in a punishment for him and not others who haven't done this?

Catching a perma or being under heavy mod surveillance should only be a thing if it comes to doxxing or some other creepy ass KiwiFarms esque serial killer behavior. Getting feelings hurt or not knowing how to add someone to ignore because their language has too many Zs in every word is some textbook bitchmade shit.

Truth is we're starting to see the filtering out of alleged problematic posters like Maxie/Kalin in some vain hope that the RPG Codex will see a surge of new users (or get more interviews with the washed-up devs of yesteryear or the new-age nobodies of today) when all this does is remove active posters on a niche site that when you think about it doesn't really have that many unique posters to begin with.

I wonder who will be lost this time next year. Seems like this place is getting smaller and smaller.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Catching a perma or being under heavy mod surveillance should only be a thing if it comes to doxxing or some other creepy ass KiwiFarms esque serial killer behavior. Getting feelings hurt or not knowing how to add someone to ignore because their language has too many Zs in every word is some textbook bitchmade shit.

Maxie was the ringleader of the Polebox hours that discouraged non-Polish-speaking users from participating in the chat. With him gone, it stopped.

Truth is we're starting to see the filtering out of alleged problematic posters like Maxie/Kalin in some vain hope that the RPG Codex will see a surge of new users (or get more interviews with the washed-up devs of yesteryear or the new-age nobodies of today) when all this does is remove active posters on a niche site that when you think about it doesn't really have that many unique posters to begin with.

This is not the issue, and if it was, it would have happened years ago. As you said, at this point we have washed-up devs and new nobodies. No one cares about being mainstream developer-friendly because there aren't any mainstream developers worth caring about.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
This is not the issue, and if it was, it would have happened years ago. As you said, at this point we have washed-up devs and new nobodies. No one cares about being mainstream developer-friendly because there aren't any mainstream developers worth caring about.

Then why are you (the powers that be) so keen on posting news about irrelevant devs and irrelevant journo reviews here?

If anything the Codex should filter this mainstream garbage on principle.

Generic-Giant-Spider

With him gone, it stopped.

My brudda, who gives a shit? Oh no, an hour of people speaking some evil foreign language. How will I ever know what Thor Kaufman thinks about the Jews? It's not like it got replaced by anything good or brought about some good posters. If anything the quality of poster has become worse and Shoutbox most of the time is like the same six-seven people shitting it up, only this time it is all day and night.

It also isn't like Polebox completely stopped anyone from typing as is. Honestly seems like one of the biggest nothing excuses to target someone when the real reason is probably that he pissed off some mods by calling 'em losers or something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom