Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline ATOM RPG: Trudograd - standalone expansion sequel to ATOM RPG

Codex Year of the Donut
:drink:

image.png

koyota

Cipher
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
It`s $10 if you already have Atom RPG.

Haven`t finished the first one yet (loved everything except the dialogue part of it) and won`t be able to play this for awhile,
but $10 to support this genre and type of game is nothing, so purchased!

Darth Canoli

Arcane
The new ability system. :obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously:
Thanks a lot for improving this, it was probably ATOM's weakest point.
Although, i've read it was changed in ATOM too?

Is the game free of critical path/savegame corruption bugs?
Not that i experienced any with ATOM but i usually wait a bit (a lot actually) to play a game but since it's in the same engine and out from early access with conscientious devs, i'm guessing it's playable already ?

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I finished & completed ATOM a while ago (before the dead city update was released) but now I can't find my save.
Is it worthwhile replaying the whole original game with the most recent patches or should I just go and play Trudograd with a new character? I loved the first one but I'm not sure I want to spend 40 hours on it again if it's basically as before and it doesn't bring anything new to Trudograd.

Last edited:

just

Liturgist
I finished & completed ATOM a while ago (before the dead city update was released) but now I can't find my save.
Is it worthwhile replaying the whole original game with the most recent patches or should I just go and play Trudogard with a new character? I loved the first one but I'm not sure I want spend 40 hours on it again if it's basically as before and it doesn't bring anything new to Trudograd.
just make a new one

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
The guy didn't get an appreciation thread for nothing! Love him!
It`s $10 if you already have Atom RPG.

Haven`t finished the first one yet (loved everything except the dialogue part of it) and won`t be able to play this for awhile,
but $10 to support this genre and type of game is nothing, so purchased!
Thank you!
The new ability system. :obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously:
Thanks a lot for improving this, it was probably ATOM's weakest point.
Although, i've read it was changed in ATOM too?

Is the game free of critical path/savegame corruption bugs?
Not that i experienced any with ATOM but i usually wait a bit (a lot actually) to play a game but since it's in the same engine and out from early access with conscientious devs, i'm guessing it's playable already ?
I'm glad you like it! No, the ATOM RPG one didn't get Trudograd's system, unless someone made a mod when I wasn't looking.
ATOM RPG's own system got a few tweaks during last year's patches, that's what we probably meant. But it's still not like the new one. Maybe in a remaster of some sort.
Surprisingly enough, there were only minor bugs in the game, like carry weight being wrong on items, several typos, infinite xp glitch on one character, stuff like that. Already patched most of it. Nobody's game broke. Got a single report of black screen, but turned out not to be the game's fault, but a never updated faulty video card driver on the user's computer. I'm constantly knocking on wood as to not jinx it, but yeah, it seems to be critical blocker bug free as of yet.

Is it worthwhile replaying the whole original game with the most recent patches or should I just go and play Trudograd with a new character? I loved the first one but I'm not sure I want to spend 40 hours on it again if it's basically as before and it doesn't bring anything new to Trudograd.
Your minor choices from ATOM RPG come back to haunt you as flavor text if you hunt for rumors, the extra stats you gained are also transfered, as is your level, but overall we did everything to make Trudograd easy to pick up and play without the old save. It's totally up to you. The game is tailored for new characters.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
P.S. In case you guys are interested in getting Trudograd's portraits for the Codex's pool of userpics, can you remind\teach me how to do it? I vaguely remember doing it for ATOM hence ATOM's mugs are all currently available, but I don't remember what I did exactly.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Will any of the improvements be backported to the first game?
Maybe if we ever make a re-release like some kind of Director's Cut revamp overhaul thing, it's too difficult to do otherwise!

Make a Directors Cut where you incorporate both games into one comrade.
Like... Atom Stalin Edition
A director's cut might just happen one day. But we'll be Stalin' its release for a long time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Nah, I wanted to keep Bombagun a NCCG - NOT collectable card game! The only difference between Grandmasters and normal players is AI skill and RNG.
It should be tied to Gambling skill then somehow. Like % to draw unique card or something. Or even some AI adjustments.
Okay now we have TWO players who think we were up to something shady when calling the pack items cosmetic. In case you're okay with sharing your opinion on this. how would you feel if we changed the descriptions to the following?
I would have just cut that phrase about "do not affect the player’s experience" and the "cosmetic" word as well or would have changed it to "mostly cosmetic". Or better yet, advertise the bonuses even more => more sales.
Hey! Still looking into it. None seem like bugs, basically these are changes made by the QA guys based on their meeting when they discussed the final balancing for the release version. I dabble in this stuff and mostly created the original balance where these were retroactive starting with 15 in all cases, but seems like the guys who's job it is to balance the game decided otherwise in the very last iterations of the game. This is now an active discussion between us, with one side justifying retroactivity and the other side telling that it made characters OP when transferred at lvl 20 and more. If you don't mind telling, what's your level and your feedback? How do you feel about this stuff not being retro?
Is shouldn't be retro. My pal have imported 88 lvl char and playing on survival, imagine his amount of bonus points.
We just made a long round of testing on chars from 15 to 35 lvl, and encounters seem to work like intended. The inner math works out too. Got 3 in a row soon as I exited the city for the village. My only theory is maybe you did all those encounterless travels to or from the Police station? Transfers where Police Station is one of the destinations or a middle point in the travel route, encounters are extremely low because the police protects the route, unless you're the enemy of the state which makes encounter rate 80% per sec.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Atomboy top tier power armor you made guyz look at this shiet didn't even find all the pieces
XuDZDZa.png
Deffo need a wiki on where to find all the bits. I never found the breastplate or leggins parts. Don't have red or brown camo either, but I do have green military style.
Think it was in 7th Heaven or in the back of the police station

jackofshadows

Magister
Nah, I wanted to keep Bombagun a NCCG - NOT collectable card game! The only difference between Grandmasters and normal players is AI skill and RNG.
It should be tied to Gambling skill then somehow. Like % to draw unique card or something. Or even some AI adjustments.
Okay now we have TWO players who think we were up to something shady when calling the pack items cosmetic. In case you're okay with sharing your opinion on this. how would you feel if we changed the descriptions to the following?
I would have just cut that phrase about "do not affect the player’s experience" and the "cosmetic" word as well or would have changed it to "mostly cosmetic". Or better yet, advertise the bonuses even more => more sales.
Hey! Still looking into it. None seem like bugs, basically these are changes made by the QA guys based on their meeting when they discussed the final balancing for the release version. I dabble in this stuff and mostly created the original balance where these were retroactive starting with 15 in all cases, but seems like the guys who's job it is to balance the game decided otherwise in the very last iterations of the game. This is now an active discussion between us, with one side justifying retroactivity and the other side telling that it made characters OP when transferred at lvl 20 and more. If you don't mind telling, what's your level and your feedback? How do you feel about this stuff not being retro?
Is shouldn't be retro. My pal have imported 88 lvl char and playing on survival, imagine his amount of bonus points.
We just made a long round of testing on chars from 15 to 35 lvl, and encounters seem to work like intended. The inner math works out too. Got 3 in a row soon as I exited the city for the village. My only theory is maybe you did all those encounterless travels to or from the Police station? Transfers where Police Station is one of the destinations or a middle point in the travel route, encounters are extremely low because the police protects the route, unless you're the enemy of the state which makes encounter rate 80% per sec.
Interesting. No, I traveled around quite a lot but that might be just RNG, after getting 16 lvl I had a few and after getting 17 I meet RE more or less just like during the EA.
Don't have red or brown camo either
They are from pay to win packs. By the way I'm curious how the armor's camouflage actually works. I just had a random encounter and spawned far from the enemies just like if I'd have high sneak (and my sneak is 10 in the armor, camouflage don't change the modificator). I wonder whether it's intended.

Overall after bying the armor it feels like God mode, like it was before. Clean slate char or not, hard level or not. And they didn't change the scheme tier 1 armor's price is 45k rubles and then... you can purchase upgrade up to tier 2 on the spot for 1k. Doesn't make much sense tbqh.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
They could have picked a better moment to release it, but it's worth pointing out that many of us bought it ages ago already. I'm holding for a while for patches, etc. before joining in on the fun. Encased left me a bit burnt out.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
is this a good stat spread to do as much as possible?
5/5/8/10/11/4/1

If going ranged (go for kalash komrade) i woud dump str and endurance and keep intellect, attention, personality and luck on 11. Rest into dex.
Lucky one and trader or destructive diplomat traits. Take the skillpoint abilities from survival/crafting tree and rest into automatic weapons.
With enough skill points in weapon skills and high attention you will not miss when you BRRRRRT!!! the western spijuns

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom