Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I... am speechless. This dude made a 9! hour 20 minute long video guide about classes and stuff:

f29.png

“I didn't have time to write a short letter, so I wrote a long one instead.”

― Mark Twain

It's really a dumb genre these hours long videos, the guy gets tired soon, and no one can blame him, and the quality of the content degrades as you go further in the video.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
btw just as a PSA, with PFK I discovered how to "farm off" a character to another character-named "tab" (or "folder" or whatever it's called) in the load menu, so you can create/respec new characters out of saves you already have, and they have their own-named "tab" there (or "folder" or whatever you might want to call it). I haven't yet tried this with this game but I presume it's the same process:-

1) Make a manual safety save (original character save) of your main,
2) make another manual save (new character save),
3) open up that new character save, respec your main (using the respec mod ofc), make whatever changes, including a new name, alignment, etc.,
4) now save over the new character save. But that will fuck up the "folder" name (the game "folder" will have the new name), so to get around that just
5) open up the original character save, and save over it, the "folder" will now return to its previous name, and the new character save will now be last but one in the list. Then
6) start a New Game with the same name as your new main, same lvl 1 features. This creates a new "folder" with the new name upon the first autosave. Then
7) manually save the new game after character creation (as soon as the dialogues have finished). Now here's the neat trick, you
8) open up the .zks of that first manual save of the new game with WinRAR, and open up the "Header.json" file inside it
9) look for the "GameID," copy it,
10) paste it into the "Header.json" of the new character save, save it back into the .zks archive (WinRAR does this nicely, dialogue asks if you want to save the change within the archive, no muss no fuss).
11) Voila! Next time you fire up the game, you'll see the new character save has notionally "moved" from the original main's "folder" to the newly-named main's new game "folder," and everything will behave as normal (new quicksaves and autosaves will now appear in that new game "folder).

P.S. The only thing you had to watch out for in PFK was kingdom alignment, which could be different from the new character you created, but that was easily fixed by changing kingdom alignment in PFK's Bag of Tricks. I don't know if this game has the equivalent of kingdom alignment, but it might be something to be careful of until and unless Toy Box implements something for it (i.e. keep alignment of new char the same - which should be no problem if you have a "spread" of chars with different alignments already - I mean most of us probably have several post-Shield Maze characters with various alignments already, for example, if not post-Gray Garrison - you can farm a new char off from an old one with the same alignment you have in mind for the new char).

Last edited:

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Cam gets meta from the Secret Hex. Using Cam for heals is some last level shit.

I'm using her as a crit frontliner, not for heals, that's just secondary. What I meant is the DC from her spell is low in my config and I have far better casters so I prepare different spells on her. She can easily crit for 70+ damage on act 2.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Not nine hour build guide:

Level 1:

(1) Choose a class and race and background that you like. You can't fuck this up. The people who designed the ruleset are smarter than you. Or me.
(2) Pick Shake it Off for your first Feat. If you have two take Improved Initiative. You don't know enough yet to take something specific and these two will keep you from dying more than anything else.
(3) Play with companions and don't monkey around with experience sharing. Using things as they are designed to be used is a good life skill. Saves much wheel re-inventing effort to source some of that shit out.

Level Two:

(1) Level yourself and you companions up in the class they started in. This isn't 3.5. PF has several abilities that scale by class level including most of the best ones. This is intentional.
(2) Ask yourself what gave you trouble over the previous level.
(3) Read the new abilities/spells/feats available at your new level.
(4) compare 2 and 3 for good fits
(5) make note of the new things you can do/choose that satisfy 4
(6) choose/use those spells/abilities
(7) if 4 is blank and you have a choice to make open up unavailable feats and see if there's anything there you can use. If so choose the prereq if any.

Level Three:

(1) Repeat level two

Desiderius

Patron
Cam gets meta from the Secret Hex. Using Cam for heals is some last level shit.

I'm using her as a crit frontliner, not for heals, that's just secondary. What I meant is the DC from her spell is low in my config and I have far better casters so I prepare different spells on her. She can easily crit for 70+ damage on act 2.

If you're memorizing Heals you're wasting valuable slots. And I mean really valuable. Divine Power is your Bread and Butter.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I think there is literally 1(one) important decision in all crusade system - when council asks which archers you want chose marksmen.

Last edited:

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
If you have two take Improved Initiative

I'd like to second this out. If you're unsure about the ruleset, so many things can go wrong before your turn and your AC is much lower. Improved initiative is a must for casters and just very nice for everyone else, I always try to squeeze it in for everyone that lacks uncanny dodge.

Parabalus

Arcane
Said someone who keeps 3 different generals in crusade mode pretending it's HoMM.
I keep 2 generals, one being a wizard with 3 stacks limit, which sucks and the other one being also a wizard who for some reason has 4 stacks limit. If I had known the limit doesn't grow with general's level, I wouldn't have developed the 3-limit wizard to level 4. But as it stands, I need a second general just in order to store the stacks which I can't be used by my active general's army.

It's the Master of Maneuver skill, the first one can get it.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
If you're memorizing Heals you're wasting valuable slots. And I mean really valuable. Divine Power is your Bread and Butter.

It's a personal quirk of mine, I dislike it at low level because it lasts only one minute. I usually slot it in around level 9 or so when it provides higher bonuses. I have it now and started using it since the end of act 2. Good spell, don't misunderstand me, it's just that sometimes it's better to just enemies bane--->charge during the surprise round to exploit low AC/ no AoO imho.

Edit: and then I only ever prepared like two cures on her lol, I said I took favoured meta extend for the buffs, I mainly prepare barkskin and elem. protection on her because my Druid was busy preparing anti-charge like stuff like stone call, at low level!

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Perception 3 is garbage, you get all the good Rank 1 Tricks.

See I'm not sure that's the case. Persuasion 1 of course super handy but yeah by the time I have Greater Perception I'd have Frightful. Perception 1 I keep expecting to find extra hidden shit. Maybe there's some in Soana cave? Nature 1 random meal bonuses from P:K is all upside and I think sneaky good. Stealth 1 should be good right? I'm tanking so maybe defeats the purpose since I like the charge zerg. Religion/Athletics would depend on skill level. Mob 1 is great. I don't know I think I'm testing Nature 3 instead but will play with on a resave.

Desiderius

Patron

It's a personal quirk of mine, I dislike it at low level because it lasts only one minute. I usually slot it in around level 9 or so when it provides higher bonuses. I have it now and started using it since the end of act 2. Good spell, don't misunderstand me, it's just that sometimes it's better to just enemies bane--->charge during the surprise round to exploit low AC/ no AoO imho.

It always only lasts one minute. Think of it as a free ten rounds (twenty with extend Rod) of super-Rage with no downside. It's the heart of the Divine classes and kind of insane that she gets it.

Except you know you can cast it before combat, right? So you still Enemies Bane + Charge.

Aeon/Angel also get it (and Favor) so combine well with the Image base classes that don't.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Technically i have 5 armies. 1 - my wizzord general, 2-4 - everything i don't care from reinforcements goes there and sits in capital, 5 - new archers and archer mercs who go and join 1 each week.

Desiderius

Patron
Does Selective work on Persistent effects?

Don't see why it shouldn't?

Selective Spell (Metamagic)

Your allies need not fear friendly fire.

Prerequisite: Spellcraft 10 ranks.

Benefit: When casting a selective spell with an area effect and a duration of instantaneous, you can choose a number of targets in the area equal to the ability score modifier used to determine bonus spells of the same type (Charisma for bards, oracles, paladins, sorcerers, and summoners; Intelligence for witches and wizards; Wisdom for clerics, druids, inquisitors, and rangers). These targets are excluded from the effects of your spell.

Level Increase: +1 (a selective spell uses up a spell slot one level higher than the spell’s actual level.)

Spells that do not have an area of effect or a duration of instantaneous do not benefit from this feat.

Parabalus

Arcane
Perception 3 is garbage, you get all the good Rank 1 Tricks.

See I'm not sure that's the case. Persuasion 1 of course super handy but yeah by the time I have Greater Perception I'd have Frightful. Perception 1 I keep expecting to find extra hidden shit. Maybe there's some in Soana cave? Nature 1 random meal bonuses from P:K is all upside and I think sneaky good. Stealth 1 should be good right? I'm tanking so maybe defeats the purpose since I like the charge zerg. Religion/Athletics would depend on skill level. Mob 1 is great. I don't know I think I'm testing Nature 3 instead but will play with on a resave.

But you're giving up your only Greater Trick (you get 10 practically at the end). World 3, UMD 3, Arcana 3, Mob 3 are insane in comparison.

frajaq

Erudite
Technically i have 5 armies. 1 - my wizzord general, 2-4 - everything i don't care from reinforcements goes there and sits in capital, 5 - new archers and archer mercs who go and join 1 each week.

Imma be honest, after awhile of having so many "left-over" units I started suiciding them on the nearest Demon Army

Desiderius

Patron
Except you know you can cast it before combat, right? So you still Enemies Bane + Charge.

Yes, I know it always lasts one minute. At level one bless is just better, as I said I do prepare it, you misread my initial post.

It's a fourth level spell. You don't get it until level 7. But that's also where the good Heals would be that you're taking instead.

Desiderius

Patron

Imma be honest, after awhile of having so many "left-over" units I started suiciding them on the nearest Demon Army

That's why I like three armies. Put all those slackas to work. With Mercenary Halls you end up with big enough stacks to make them effective. Mongrel Sharpshooters been going off.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Oh, sorry, yes I completely fucked up and was talking about a different spell. Yes, I have like 4 or 5 extended divine powers on Cam, was thinking about level 1 Divine Favour and I suddenly realized "Wait, Cam doesn't get level 1 Divine Favour..."

My bad.

Parabalus

Arcane
You want 1 wizard general, with a full army in A3. In A5 you want the same wizard general with whatever, the spells do 100k damage.

Stack power from buildings and events.

Reinhardt

Arcane

no nearest demon armies except those who appear to siege forts

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom