Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
really? huh. i remember trying to get dragon throne working on windows 7 years ago. it did not go well, so i'm hoping they fixed it

Harthwain

Magister
Trigger warning: this is anime-style game set in girls-only school. You've been warned.

A short summary:

It's curious mix of a boardgame (the general gameplay), an RPG (characters with stats and their own agendas, dice rolls/difficulty checks) and a deduction game (a traitor mechanic, for one).

Now, I know what you're thinking: "Harthwain, how can you even think of playing something like this?!1101" and normally I would agree.

However, there aren't that many detective games on the market and there are even FEWER *actual* deduction games. What is here is a complex deduction game with many interesting aspects, so I am willing to stomach the "setting" and the art style. Especially when the price is at -65%, meaning it is fairly cheap. It looking a lot like a board game also helps.

Edit:

To my understanding the game has a lot of replayability value: each case has a "variant", rather than being a fixed scenario, your minions' skills are different, dice rolls are involved in the outcomes. This is huge for a game of deduction, because in most cases when you played once you have seen it all and there is little reason to play the game ever again.

Last edited:

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

rating_shittydog.gif
vs tanks.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I guess they're going to announce the leaked Titan Quest 2 at this weekend's showcase?

Anyway, Strategy First rereleases more from its past catalog. Object Software's two action RPGs, Prince of Qin and Seal of Evil.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom