Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Please everyone, pick a horse as a mount and make a coup de grace with it. (Apparently not every) animal has the required animation, so he simply stands immobile while staring at the enemy, and after a couple of seconds the enemy just explodes. It's hilarious.

Last edited:

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Im at the Enigma/Pyramid and Im not having a good time. Think this place is more tedious than Blackwater

Parabalus

Arcane
Is kineticist good in this game? I mean, their damage is amazing on kingmaker. Considering how everything is ultra bloated in this game, does the kinectic blast damage scale to the new bloat level?

It has some good (if boring) item/mythic support but people have been saying class is pretty buggy/janky. They took out overflow?

Bugged to shit in the beta, especially interactions with mythics - I'd stay away for a bit.
If you were using electricity you already had it since demons are immune. The game gives you two (good) Adamantine weapons.

I wasn't, and I have no adamantine weapons.

No big deal, I'll figure it out. I just found it funny that the game kinda handholds you by giving you wands to deal with the regen, but then goes, nah, you gotta try harder.

You should be able to manage with CdG.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Warning about a potentially game-breaking bug (version 1.0.3c): In the Abyss

when Yozz teleports you to the brothel and the arena you will instanly die when returning to the palace.
There's a way to fix this, actually. Instead of going with Yozz and having him teleport you somewhere else, you just do the quest in these steps:
1) Accept the summoning
2) Move through the palace and talk to Nocticula
3) Do NOT use Yozz to teleport to one of the two locations
4) Run back to the room you spawned in. There will be a portal there.
5) Going through the portal will auto-save the game (if you have the option enabled) but it will load your entire party before doing so
6) Load that save. You should still be in the Palace, but you have the entire party with you now.
7) Do the quest as usual, this time you wont get an instant death/gameover after you tell Yozz to get you back to the Palace

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Having 3 pets is really paying off, thanks for the dragon pet azata

:hero:

Efe

Erudite
I don't know where but there's also a shortsword that bypasses all damage reduction and happens to do electric damage.
I gave that to Seelah and she took care of finishing off the demons at Blackwater.

The Gormandizer! Good call. That settles it - Wolj uses second Finesse Training on Short Sword. Maybe third on Estoc.
thats "blitz cut item" right? a name that makes you unsure if its supposed to be there or not

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Quick lunch post. I haven't been keeping up with the thread, so I don't know if everyone has moved on from dissing the writing quality or not. I find it pulpy and ridden with cliches. Not infrequent loredumps. Companions feel stereotypical and over-the-top, and most are rather predictably hiding a terrible secret. (Even Regill, whose military pragmatism I really liked in the limited exposure we had to him in the alpha, seems to have turned into a one dimensional ultra-disciplinarian.) The mortal traitors are harboring almost ludicrously awful grievances. Prominent pozzed characters add a new layer of annoyance. But as a longtime enjoyer of the fantasy genre I see pulpiness as integral to the genre. And it isn't all pulp, imo. For instance, Staunton's dynamic with Minagho and with his brother was complicated and interesting. Although you're forced to interact with the pozzed npcs, you're given several opportunities to humiliate some of them - if you're small and petty and that's your thing (I am and it most certainly is my thing.) For the time being I am liking the writing. Constant loading screens are a much bigger fail.

Yeah when Johan turns against the party to protect his brother his alignment changes and his Eaglesoul makes him sick.

Great touch.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
To add, reach weapons (glaives, bardiches, longspears) have some of the best items and enchants on them, especially for mounted characters.

Figured that much. Bardiches seem less focused on charging, but some good glaives and longspears.
Which to Focus in? Decisions, decisions.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Anyone got an idea why Regill starts with 40 move speed? I know his gnome subspecies gives him 30 speed instead of 20 but I don't have a clue how he is moving 40 feet. I took Travel domain with him and now he is moving 50 feet :D

DeepOcean

Arcane
You’re lying.
Why the cope?

First time I played, half my party was prone because grease has an inconsistent border, only Wenduag and Carmelia were really attacking the boss, the boss failed reflex checks over and over and over while half my party was prone, eventually she got up around my fighters that damaged her on three attacks of opportunity while she tried moving to attack Seelah, that sent her to summon the imps. Then she proceeded to summon two imps that did incredible 1 damage per attack and they proceeded to attack Seelah that fallen on my own grease for 10 turns, they kept attacking her and I was... boy maybe on 10 more turns they will tickle her to death, need to do something fast, they regenerated and I didnt bothered to learn how regeneration mechanics worked, killed them by just focusing attacks on each one through brute force. Killing the big cultist dudes on the two fights they appear was more annoying than killing the boss.

That whole section after that until you meet Mihago and get to the ward stone for the first time and learn she was doing the ritual, I was actually a hindrance to captain wokeness, she and the dwarf both have two attacks a turn and hit like trucks but on my attempts to "help" them, I cast grease on enemies and captain wokeness eventually walked on the grease and ended prone for half the time, I actually manage to get her whole party prone multiple times and she got incapacitated on all fights because of my "help". I didnt even realized there were Coup de Graces on this game and didnt use them for hour and hours.

This amazing demonstration of incredible gameplay mastery where my own grease was the real boss and I passed through the tutorial first try on Core. I mean, if you think that stuff is challenging or you are worse than me what would be a miracle because I played like a half sleep drunk man or you are so high in copium that the FBI will hit your house at any minute to take your drugs.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Didn't played today at all because i'm farming event lottery boxes in fgo. And mindless grindan is still better experience than chapter 3 in wotr. If i replay it after fixes i'll definitely do it with mods for crusade.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
I just beat chapter 3 but I'm curious to play through it again with normal amount of enemies and no additional behaviors just to see the differences. Anybody tested this?

Shadenuat

Arcane
Neither, just that Desiderius fanboyism is just out of the charts and you dont need to be a build autist or need to know 4D tactics on Core.
I think you do at least, unless you want to spend 20+ turns just stuck in your own turdomancy.
After boss, yeah, NPCs are immortal, making it all more of a cutscene filler.

CohhCarnage, a notoriously "i just need to get lucky" twitcher plays on Hard for example. And he makes it even harder for himself by using builds his community gives him. From what I've seen he managed, although incubi with scimitar, zacharius, and some other encounters, made him run & return later after ~hour of reloads.

FriendlyMerchant

you dont need to be a build autist or need to know 4D tactics on Core.
Who exactly is saying that you need any of those things for Core difficulty?
You don't need it. You can simply prebuff and position correctly as you let your boys autoattack for most encounters. For unusual encounters, you might have to spam heal a little bit or put down some CC. Then it goes back to autoattacking for the win.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
To add, reach weapons (glaives, bardiches, longspears) have some of the best items and enchants on them, especially for mounted characters.

Figured that much. Bardiches seem less focused on charging, but some good glaives and longspears.
Which to Focus in? Decisions, decisions.

There is really nice glave in end game that does 6d6 estra damage on charge and summon a demon if (lol) you kill the target. Insane.
A decent heavy pick with much less damage but debuffing target saves.
And there is a warhammer in act 4 that turns target to stone with a high DC till the end of combat, tried it a bit, ridiculous. Also if you hit the same target again and crit it aplies to aoe :lol:
And there was a fauchard that gave spell resistance on charge, not that useful imho.

Edit: I rolled with classic scimitar and shield bash build. 7-8 attacks on a charge, all of them got mythic charge bonuses.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom