Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

cw8

Cipher
Well, Galfrey is LG, I doubt SHE would put up with something like that either.

This soldier sure likes Galfrey:
note.jpg

FriendlyMerchant

On the theme of Lichdom, what would be a good class/combo for a Death Knight character concept? I like the idea of a heavy armored warrior who can also cast spells as transition into Lich path. Any ideas? My DnD knowledge is fairly rudimentary so all the class options in this game beyond warrior/wiz/rogue/cleric etc are rather confusing.
Sorcerer/Hellknight signifier? The BAB doesnt look that great to me and waste rounds doing attacks instead of casting seems wasteful, unless you dip 1 level into Magus.
You could always just go Magus: Eldritch Scion. Abyssal is a good route for that since you could get away with putting points into CHA instead of STR and still of sufficient STR or just go all STR and try to play around with the touch casting in heavy armor.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Also, since the Storyteller asked for it and I didn't have it on me, is it possible that I've accidently sold the purple stone knife? Doesn't appear as a quest item in my inventory.
If you pick the Aeon option on the wardstone, you use the knife and won't be able to get it back.

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
On the theme of Lichdom, what would be a good class/combo for a Death Knight character concept? I like the idea of a heavy armored warrior who can also cast spells as transition into Lich path. Any ideas? My DnD knowledge is fairly rudimentary so all the class options in this game beyond warrior/wiz/rogue/cleric etc are rather confusing.
Wizard 5/ Hell Knight Signifer 4/ Eldritch Knight 10/ Loremaster 1 is a good gish build, especially with lich. Will let you cast in mithral full plate, would end with a caster level of 29 if you merge spellbooks, and can do well in melee as well.

Additionally, you could drop a HKS level, and take a dip into Trad Monk to get flurry of blows and use a quarterstaff as your main weapon. Would have 6 attacks while hasted that way, 3 of them at full BAB, with the added bonus of being able to use a staff that also boosts your spell pen and dcs. And you can pick up a free crane style as well.

Last edited:
Vatnik Wumao
Also, since the Storyteller asked for it and I didn't have it on me, is it possible that I've accidently sold the purple stone knife? Doesn't appear as a quest item in my inventory.
If you pick the Aeon option on the wardstone, you use the knife and won't be able to get it back.
Ah, right. Thanks for clarifying since that's what I did.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
OK, let me rephrase the question.

I saw this comment on Reddit:
Q: What's up with the new Favored Enemy Demon of XXX?

A: Pathfinder guidance, if a species is so common in a campaign that one FE would cover them all, the FE is to be split. Which is why "humanoids" has about 7 different subgroups for FE. So Demonslayer, for example, has all 3 subtypes as automatic FE. But can't gain any others. Because, in the context of Wrath, the only other FE you really would want is Human.
The author of the reply did not provide any links to confirm his words. My question is: is there such a guidance from Paizo anywhere online? I cannot find it.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I love how during the "conversation" with Shamira, where she tries to pry the information about the Crystals from your mind, she keeps casting a variety of spells on you during the conversation, but you don't actually notice it during the dialogue. I wondered at first why my base will save was -1 on the third check, turns out she Mind Fogged me during one of the earlier checks and casted another Will save debuff on me as well. What a cunt.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
:x
I killed this giant ass dragon and I got some shit amulet (I have to buy the other half to, wtf) and some low level scrolls, what is this bullshit loot?!?!?

Last edited:

Ghulgothas

Arcane
So Lich path is still bugged? I was keen to do that in my first run but then I saw mentions of bugginess so decided to leave it till later when patches + DLC etc.

Kind of regretting it now, some of these companions would truly be a joy to kill if thats what you do as Lich.
I booted up the save and the most glaring issues (enemies refusing to die, your new model having the wrong texture) were fixed. Most of my consternation now is what acts are required to get the optimal conclusion at the very end, I think there's some threshold of ruthlessness you have to pass before you can get the Phylactery without having to debase yourself.
Solved it.
Phylo.jpg

Fin01.jpg
Fin02.jpg
Fin03.jpg

Game-busting, pre-patch jank aside, a satisfying conclusion. Now I wonder how the rest of them compare.

Also~
Cam01.jpg
Cam02.jpg
Cam03.jpg
Cam04.jpg
Cam05.jpg

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
So Lich path is still bugged? I was keen to do that in my first run but then I saw mentions of bugginess so decided to leave it till later when patches + DLC etc.

Kind of regretting it now, some of these companions would truly be a joy to kill if thats what you do as Lich.
I booted up the save and the most glaring issues (enemies refusing to die, your new model having the wrong texture) were fixed. Most of my consternation now is what acts are required to get the optimal conclusion at the very end, I think there's some threshold of ruthlessness you have to pass before you can get the Phylactery without having to debase yourself.

Is there any issues with the Lich crusade mode? Pretty sure I saw that mentioned somewhere before.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I'm having a devil of a time trying to create a character:-

1) She has to be an elf
2) She has to be an Urgathoa-worshipping Necromancer of sorts, though not necessarily undead army type - more like a cross between illusion and necromancy, or like a cross between necromancer and vampire (if she could be a Dhampir it would be easier since Cruoromancer is tailor made for Necro, but she has to be an elf goddammit).
3) She has to be able to ride a Giant Centipede
4) She has to use a Scythe as her main weapon.

IOW, a Scythe-using, Giant-Centipede-riding elf Illusionist/Necromancer. That's the character I've got in my mind's eye.

The problem is that most of the magic using beast-riding-capable classes and sub-classes use Wisdom, but Elves are Intelligence-based; they're also Dexterity based, which means Scythes are useless unless I can get around it (I suppose the later transformation spells are fine for that, but it would be nice to have something to start with). (Gah, if only you could finesse scythes! :) )

I've tried all sorts of combinations but I can't get anything - I realize I might have to just give up a couple of these desiderata to focus on a more essential vision (probably give up the Scythe idea and just have her doing a sideline in archery, in which case I can comfortably start her beast riding with Divine Hunter probably, and just swallow the WIS spells waste), but I'm just throwing it out there to see if anyone has any ideas.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

1) She has to be an elf
2) She has to be an Urgathoa-worshipping Necromancer of sorts, though not necessarily undead army type - more like a cross between illusion and necromancy, or like a cross between necromancer and vampire (if she could be a Dhampir it would be easier since Cruoromancer is tailor made for Necro, but she has to be an elf goddammit).

IOW, a Scythe-using, Giant-Centipede-riding elf Illusionist/Necromancer. That's the character I've got in my mind's eye.

The problem is that most of the magic using beast-riding-capable classes and sub-classes use Wisdom, but Elves are Intelligence-based; they're also Dexterity based, which means Scythes are useless unless I can get around it (I suppose the later transformation spells are fine for that, but it would be nice to have something to start with). (Gah, if only you could finesse scythes! :) )

I've tried all sorts of combinations but I can't get anything - I realize I might have to just give up a couple of these desiderata to focus on a more essential vision (probably give up the Scythe idea and just have her doing a sideline in archery, in which case I can comfortably start her beast riding with Divine Hunter probably, and just swallow the WIS spells waste), but I'm just throwing it out there to see if anyone has any ideas.

So... is that part of one of the investigations? :lol:

Parabalus

Arcane
Parabalus
Do I need angel to save Kyado (Cleric in Erastil's Temple?) He dies to the rat curse if I go down there. Or can I help him later if I find the Zandres chick in Ivory Sanctum?

I could save him with Trickster, but I wouldn't worry about it too much. Never seen him later on.

Gradenmayer

Learned

1) She has to be an elf

Wrong thread bud :hero:

volklore

Arcane
I still find it unclear how someone could do, say, the Jeslyn fight on Core without knowing beforehand what it entails AND with the bugged out swarms at release.
I had to reload the first time I met her because I misclicked a spell and doomed my entire party, but without that dumb mistake I would have won. In fact, the second time I did the same exact thing (minus the mistake) and killed her. Mind you that I didn't play against the bugged swarms, though. With Cleave + Cleaving Finish I cleaned the entire room minus the archers in two rounds and then just went straight to her, throwing at her everything I had. With three spells each turn (Camellia, Ember, and Nenio), she's bound to fail at least one save in 2-3 rounds. Anything would have worked (Ear-Piercing Scream, Snowball, Glitterdust, Slumber), but in my case I think I got her with Grease. She can't survive a round of attacks while prone plus the AoOs when she stands up.
I did had to reload once for this fight on hard. First time because I did not notice the 'boss' summoning at the back (I was distracted by the big pack of demons in front of me). Second time I just sent Camelia fully buffed (reduce, barkskin, shield of faith, cat's grace, magical vestments, blur) in to the demons and kept them blinded or C/Cd with grease and glitterdust (with my caster MC and ember). And I sent Lann, Woljiff and Seelah to the left of the long table to go flank the boss. Haste helps a lot to get there faster and they absolutely murdered Jeslyn before it got out any swarm summon.
There was a fight that was pretty sadistic if you arrived through the alternative route of the dungeon (behind the magically locked door) : Pull a lever to open a secret door right in front of 3 fireballing demons.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Fucking Drezen changes quite a bit if you don't have anyone with Athletics in your party. Who knew climbing walls is useful? >.<

My no.1 athletics partymember is Seelah's horse. Need to get up a ladder? The horse will do it. Need to scale that castle wall? The horse will do it. Need a successful willsave? No, that fucker will never do that though.

Thonius

Arcane
I'm doing magus with the same vibes here, with the mount tho. No regrads.

3MjWJMV.png

Why it has to be a f****** sai of all things...
rating_negativeman.png
One thing I genuinely dislike about this rule set is is how hyper-specialized with ONE single specific weapon it pushes you to be.
Few feats down the line (weapon focus, weapon specialization, improved crit, etc) and you have literally no reason to ever consider any weapon that isn’t your main one.
It’s… limiting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom