Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Encased - isometric post-apocalyptic RPG under the dome

Thonius

Arcane
very excited about the positive feedback.

actually wanting me to finish pathfinder ASAP so I can play this instead.. kekw
Same shiet here, WOTR, Trudograd and now Encased if only I had time. Damn, I just realized that's I'm old.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I loved the game in prologue. I was pretty damn hype about finishing it and then it just becomes absolute fucking trash glued together by drool. Holy shit what a scam. Zero thought put into anything past first few hours.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Game is unpolished af - met Sparrow, and didn't support it/she so duel happen when I shot it with crit and kill - after which happen dialogue where I help it/she to stand up, which ends with nothing as it/she already dead.
Like, guys... thess little details leaves bad impression.
Or when at Picnic you enter basement with relic "tree" and see, that it's description is still like if you didn't scan it, and you can't scan it again.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Halted my playthrough until later stuff gets polished/patched (if). Enjoyed the first part of the game but later on stuff is just rough. Xp gain is all over the place, ie City is barren as fuck (more people walking around 1 floor in Magellan than in the entire city) etc etc.
Counting EA i got over 100 hours invested in it and had fun so no regrets, but if they do not patch it and polish properly its a damn shame.

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Game is unpolished af - met Sparrow, and didn't support it/she so duel happen when I shot it with crit and kill - after which happen dialogue where I help it/she to stand up, which ends with nothing as it/she already dead.
Like, guys... thess little details leaves bad impression.
Or when at Picnic you enter basement with relic "tree" and see, that it's description is still like if you didn't scan it, and you can't scan it again.
Are you still playing the pirated version with the strange bugs which no one else had?

I've only played for ~7 hours, but so far the level of polish is fine. No serious bugs so far and the developers paid attention to the small things as well. For example, I just got my servoshell in Magellan and the NPCs comment on it when I just walk by. Maybe things get rough later in the game, but based on my experience so far, I see no reason to wait to enjoy this game.

RegionalHobo

Scholar
imo it s bad.

one of the few crpgs i did not finish, and i've played everything in the codex top 100

what can i say, it s just fucking boring. characters are boring ( there s barely any characterization for any of them, either companions, faction leaders or antagonists ), combat is the most boring i've seen in a crpg ( way too easy, zero choices, boring skills ) and the plot is mediocre.

the prologue was the only part i had fun with the product. this is to fallout what pillows is to bg 2. and imo pillows is by far the better game

i'm not the biggest fan of ATOM, but it s way better than this

bonus take: fuck having to open 127190279217 containers because it gives more xp than quests or combat early on. fuck the retard who made 128012802 DOT skills in a game combat is not long enough for dot's to be a viable choice even against a normal attack

Last edited:

Quillon

Arcane
I give up as well. Prologue - great, magellan - good, rest is shit. At Phalanx base atm, hugeass map to walk one end to another with only 1 significant character giving us series of fetch quests come the fuck on.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Also - is it true, that bonus to reputation does not work, if you don't have initial reputation with some faction?
Like, I don't have one of the Wing reputation, but took Superstar(?) - perk that add +25 rep with all wings.
Is it true?

Also - came to nashvil after prologue, when Sparrow eliminated a necroid, I got tooltip "when your partymate commit a crime", it seems somebody see this as crime.
So if I don't have that faction reputaton yet, and it isn't tracked, I could do that freely for now, right?

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
I give up as well. Prologue - great, magellan - good, rest is shit. At Phalanx base atm, hugeass map to walk one end to another with only 1 significant character giving us series of fetch quests come the fuck on.

Sadly this kind of frontloading the content is becoming more and more common these days.

Alphons

Cipher
When bribing, every 5 points of Personal Reputation (left bar) adds 1 Point of Faction Reputation (right bar).

Example: If you bribe a member of Church for +10, you will also get +2 Church rep.

Mortmal

Arcane
Pretty much that, the beggining is really fantastic unique setting , mystery plenty of c&c , end game, large areas, fetch quests. I am losing interest. Heavily frontloaded indeed, like everything else recently , was same for WOTR but even worse for BG3 i am pretty sure sure the next acts will be very barebone, they will blame it on pandemic and fanboys will be happy anyway.
So , is trudograd any better?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom