Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Random JRPG News Thread

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This is what Yoko Taro was speaking of, huh? Only teaser trailer for now.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Blue yuri thing got Steam page:

Erotic tactics thing:

ss_8faa56e19ff2f5628c8ee1254fbb4f4dace5579d.600x338.jpg
ss_c5d793a88ce6afdea90d7052ec4dc96f184edb3b.600x338.jpg

Farming sim thing:

Duraframe300

Arcane
Great news, especially ZHP because I could definitely use more of a Power Rangers fix after Chroma Squad, but what's the holdup with Disgaea 3?
ZHP isn't all that power rangery. There's a lot of other superhero clichees parodied.

If I had to sum it up;

Worthless loser that is even hated by his own parents picks up kamen rider henshin device after previous holder dies in car crashed caused by stoners, but gets destroyed afterwards and demoted to train himself by solving emotional problems of world leaders, reporters, said stoners and landwhale moms by beating up alternate world counterparts of them after traversing rougelike dungeons with gimmicks that sometimes look like a swastika.

2021-09-16.png

Yeah, I think that's pretty close.

Last edited:

Vorark

Erudite
https://www.gematsu.com/2021/09/neo-the-world-ends-with-you-for-pc-launches-september-28

NEO: The World Ends with You for PC launches September 28

The PC version of NEO: The World Ends with You will launch via Epic Games Store on September 28 for $59.99, publisher Square Enix and developer h.a.n.d. announced.

NEO: The World Ends with You first launched PlayStation 4 and Switch on July 27 worldwide.

Didn't know it was out on consoles already, Square-Enix released it with little to no fanfare just like the first game. Epic exclusiveness doesn't help either. :|

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sales on console aeem to be abysma in all regionsl. A real sales bomba.

I played the demo, and bought the game.

Epic exclusive like the KH games.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Black and white dungeon crawler. Stole zwanzig_zwoelf's color palette. Combat is real-time but not dance battle at least.

ss_7be10440beddb8b021949d8e41f8bea963a6ea98.600x338.jpg
ss_e44e8a6bd1865587a4061216121b0264c90eb546.600x338.jpg

Path of the ABYSS is a single-player, grid-based dungeon exploration RPG.
You explore dungeons expressed in black-and-white pen drawings with your freely customized character and aim for the deepest level.

Gif%E5%8B%95%E7%94%BB01.gif

* Features *
・First-person RPG・Real-time combatl
・Free character building
・Various mysteries and loot lying in the dungeon

* Combat *
The battle proceeds in real time.By utilizing the skills each character has learned, you can strengthen your allies, block monster attacks, and use various other means to advance the battle to your advantage.
Since the monster's behavior can be grasped in advance, it is also important to select the skills to be used accordingly.

The skills that can be used in battle must be set in advance in the "formation panel," which consists of nine panels.
The type and position of the skills you set in the formation panel will greatly affect the outcome of the battle.
Which skills to set and where to set them is a major feature of this game.

Gif%E5%8B%95%E7%94%BB02.gif

* Character Build *
.Characters are selected from four classes: warrior, thief,cleric, and mage.They can be built according to five basic parameters, weapon skills, class skills, and equipments.
Equipment can also have special abilities, which can greatly change the character's abilities.

For example, a mage who uses self-enhancing magic to wield a sword on the front lines, a warrior who specializes in long-distance attacks, a thief who reliably kills enemies through covert action, a cleric who protects the party with heavy equipment, and many other characters can be created in the player's imagination.

* Exploration *
.In Path of the ABYSS, you will explore a world consisting of one vast dungeon and several sub-dungeons that branch off from it.These dungeons are seamlessly connected, allowing you to come and go as you please.
Solve the various mysteries of the dungeon, strengthen your character, and aim for the deepest part of the dungeon.

* Story *
.A small ruin in East Weltorden, which has been stolen many times and eventually decayed without attracting anyone's attention, has been the site of many horrific monster sightings.Those who dismissed the sightings as idle gossip and went there to test their mettle never came back.
The lord of East Weltenden sent a survey team to investigate the ruins, but the results were cruel.

Rumors of the ruins soon spread throughout the land, and many skilled adventurers began to visit the area.
You are no exception to this.

Endemic

Arcane
Makes sense. It was the most popular title in the series before Ryza came along.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
How many steam games require 3rd party agreement server confirmation on games. Ubisoft was the first I noticed.

Erotic tactics thing:

ss_8faa56e19ff2f5628c8ee1254fbb4f4dace5579d.600x338.jpg
ss_c5d793a88ce6afdea90d7052ec4dc96f184edb3b.600x338.jpg

Hmmmm..... So that's where he's at!
0K0bplW.jpg
That spider is soooo fat that it can't walk.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom