Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wrath of the cringefinder compilation thread

d1nolore

Savant
A lot of the retarded SJW shit is straight from the original adventure path.
cope
IMG-20210906-083246.jpg

Forget all the woke stuff around this for a moment. What is fun and exciting, in a fairly limitless fantasy world, about a quest to get a beardless dwarf a potion to turn into a woman? Why would my adventurer give a shit? This is just lack of imagination.

When I think of beardless Dwarf I think of Arcanum and the find the boy plotline. That’s an example of interesting writing and a quest in a fantasy world.
Can't think of anything more heroic than getting a transgender person their hormones.

If a transgender wanted help to get their hormones in real life I would suggest they talk to their doctor or medical provider, tell them good luck, then finish buying my coffee and head back to work. What the fuck is this doing in a fantasy game. Come on people, hire talented writers.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Game is fun, but writing and interactivity/reactivity are pretty crap. Crusade system is literally retarded. Some encounters are good and then you have the usual spam of same monsters. Dunno if I will finish depends on how much I can tolerate combat

char building and using fun items is very good tho

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Game is fun, but writing and interactivity/reactivity are pretty crap. Crusade system is literally retarded. Some encounters are good and then you have the usual spam of same monsters. Dunno if I will finish depends on how much I can tolerate combat

char building and using fun items is very good tho
You should wait until the game's finished for the console ports next year to continue.

dacencora

cope
IMG-20210906-083246.jpg

Forget all the woke stuff around this for a moment. What is fun and exciting, in a fairly limitless fantasy world, about a quest to get a beardless dwarf a potion to turn into a woman? Why would my adventurer give a shit? This is just lack of imagination.

When I think of beardless Dwarf I think of Arcanum and the find the boy plotline. That’s an example of interesting writing and a quest in a fantasy world.
Wokesters think forcing people to witness their cringe will force us to like them and not hating them even more.
No, the point is that they want to send the message that if you’re not woke, you’re not welcome in The Thing TM. That’s why Kathleen Kennedy et al. were drinking out of mugs that said “Fanboy Tears”. They want you to hate them.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Man, I gave up on the release thread, it is the "Git gud, retard fanboyism 101." that is pretty much on every thread with some strange and creepy circle jerk cult around Desiderious or something, I mean the "Git gud, retard." that I already expected, every release thread has that nonsense since 2005 that isnt what is annoying me but the autism is reaching singularity levels and it is getting creepy, Pink Eye even reads like he is a depressed fugitive from a death cult or something and he is even talking like that monk autism disease left him, seems like the exorcism worked well, welcome to be a normal codexian again dude. Hope Kotc 2 work for you.

I mean, I stopped following the Pre release thread a long ago but what the fuck happened? Was mass possession or something?
Thanks man. I think it's just people who can't accept the reality that Wrath isn't that amazing, which is fine! I don't really care about the politics stuff, but you have to admit; it's a nice cheery on top. Had so much fun just laughing at it. Then there's the dialogue too. Oh momma, that's some good stuff, lmao!

Saravan

Savant
Man, I gave up on the release thread, it is the "Git gud, retard fanboyism 101." that is pretty much on every thread with some strange and creepy circle jerk cult around Desiderious or something, I mean the "Git gud, retard." that I already expected, every release thread has that nonsense since 2005 that isnt what is annoying me but the autism is reaching singularity levels and it is getting creepy, Pink Eye even reads like he is a depressed fugitive from a death cult or something and he is even talking like that monk autism disease left him, seems like the exorcism worked well, welcome to be a normal codexian again dude. Hope Kotc 2 work for you.

I mean, I stopped following the Pre release thread a long ago but what the fuck happened? Was mass possession or something?

It's just amazing levels of cope, I see now that the fanboy thread has reached new levels of copium when even the barebones HoMM system "is actually you know pretty decent if you think about it". Oh, if you do finish the game and don't end up liking it overall prepare some screenshots of your journey because the retards won't believe you. It's basically the Q-anon group of codex at this point.

Saravan

Savant
So you're defending a game you're not even playing.
Precisely. I wouldn't be defending it if I were playing it.

My hopes are set on the middle of October.
I have seen you sucking this game's cock off for an entire month and you haven't even played it? Holy shit you are retarded.
:hmmm:

Defends the game like it's his full-time job, hasn't even played it. If this is not the definition of a shill I don't know what is.

Gradenmayer

Learned
I remember how people hated cringe humor in D:OS 1 to a point where devs removed half of it in definitive edition.
This game has that same issue multiplied by 10, but fanboys are making retarded excuses in the style 'its ironic', 'they are making fun of it', 'its a parody' and other absolutely deranged theories to protect their object of unhealthy obsession.

Also ironic how this is one of the most feminism and LGBT propaganda filled game I have ever played and these tube-breathers are unironically saying it has less Woke shit than BG 1-3, PoE or D:OS 2.

Fanboyism is a mental illness.

Game is decent overall. If they kept it in the Oven for one more year, would be a solid 7. But as is it's 6/10. Some issues and bugs came straight from the first game.

Codex Year of the Donut
I remember how people hated cringe humor in D:OS 1 to a point where devs removed half of it in definitive edition.
This game has that same issue multiplied by 10, but fanboys are making retarded excuses in the style 'its ironic', 'they are making fun of it', 'its a parody' and other absolutely deranged theories to protect their object of unhealthy obsession.

Also ironic how this is one of the most feminism and LGBT propaganda filled game I have ever played and these tube-breathers are unironically saying it has less Woke shit than BG 1-3, PoE or D:OS 2.

the difference is that it's trying to be entirely serious
larian has been known for its so-bad-its-actually-funny humor for years

Saravan

Savant

Game is decent overall. If they kept it in the Oven for one more year, would be a solid 7. But as is it's 6/10. Some issues and bugs came straight from the first game.

Wokefinders Greatest Copium Album include hits such as:
  • "They frontloaded the wokeness to appease journalists, it's only for reviews"
  • "Well the main target audience is Westerners so they had to do it"
  • "The adventure module is from Paizo, the Paizo logo came alive and held Owlcat's staff at gunpoint so we had to include an autistic furry"
  • "Nobody play this game for the story or writing quality, it's the combat that's great"
  • And of course my favorite: I haven't even played the game, but I can tell you the game is great!

Alphons

Cipher
cope
IMG-20210906-083246.jpg

Owlcat quest writing 101, but without troons:

Hello, adventurer! I'm a heterosexual cis male. As you know heterosexual cis males enjoy fucking heterosexual cis women.
Sadly it seems I've misplaced my condoms. Would you be so kind to get me new ones? Please hurry, I have so much fucking to do!

What do you mean you are not engaged in this completely trivial shit in your super epic fantasy game?

Come on people, hire talented writers.

Come on man, Avellone wrote 3 dialogues. It was probably him that wrote all those cringe ones.

Zeriel

Arcane
cope
IMG-20210906-083246.jpg

Wokesters think forcing people to witness their cringe will force us to like them and not hating them even more.
No, the point is that they want to send the message that if you’re not woke, you’re not welcome in The Thing TM. That’s why Kathleen Kennedy et al. were drinking out of mugs that said “Fanboy Tears”. They want you to hate them.

It's basically about authority figures. Modern left, which encompasses wokeism, is extremely authoritarian. They are people who grew up asking mommy/daddy/teachers to handle everything, in adulthood they substitute corporations and institutions (which have been turned into absolute jokes and parodies of their true purpose by their influence) for their parental figure/teachers.

It's the same attitude that sees a kid go to the teacher to "make" the other kids like them or do what they want. That tactic hasn't backfired on them yet, so they just keep doing it all the way into their 30s. Anyone who resists just needs a bigger authority figure to tell them what to do.

Atchodas

Augur
terrible writing and poor encounter design aside. I’m still quite early and I’ve heard that it gets much worse after Act 4. But the character building is a lot of fun

Whats the point of all those combat builds if encounter design is trash, enemy AI is retarded and thats on top of pathetic writing and million of bugs AND it gets worse the more you play

Zeriel

Arcane
Turn-based is really good on a lot of the fights that seem badly designed, makes them tolerable. Only problem there is there's a ton of scripting and cutscenes that flat out break if you use turn-based mode. Despite them turning it from a mod into a core feature it still feels like a mod that just doesn't quite work.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Whats the point of all those combat builds if encounter design is trash, enemy AI is retarded and thats on top of pathetic writing and million of bugs AND it gets worse the more you play
Exactly. In Colony Ship you have constant combat checks that test the effectiveness of your build. Which makes it fun to create different builds. Knights of the Chalice 2 is like that too - it's a challenge in that game to make the best party that is able to handle most skill checks, while surviving Pierre's maddness. It's funny. You go through all that effort of planning character. Meditating on feats. Figuring out best party synergy. Only to realize most of the encounters in Wrath are poo poo that waste your time. There's no encounters that are interesting or fun to play. That's the problem.

I think what did it for me. Is playing the Turn Based Mode. For some reason I was super hyped for it. After the beta trials I held out hope that maybe it'd improve - it didn't. You get spiders, centipedes, cultists, etc. That die in autoattacks. There's no tactics involved. Plus there's a group of these uninventive encounters every step of the way. With the Turn Based mode this is hell. Hence the feeling of Owlcat wasting my time. At that point, you're a playing an action game. A bad action game... If you want an action game go play Devil May Cry or Bayonetta.

Also, I saw my friend's stream of the late game. The same thing as the prologue. Except now there's an additional step of wasting five minutes prebuffing for every encounter. How exciting! Yeah fuck off.

Saravan

Savant
Exactly. In Colony Ship you have constant combat checks that test the effectiveness of your build. Which makes it fun to create different builds. Knights of the Chalice 2 is like that too - it's a challenge in that game to make the best party that is able to handle most skill checks, while surviving Pierre's maddness. It's funny. You go through all that effort of planning character. Meditating on feats. Figuring out best party synergy. Only to realize most of the encounters in Wrath are poo poo that waste your time. There's no encounters that are interesting or fun to play. That's the problem.

I think what did it for me. Is playing the Turn Based Mode. For some reason I was super hyped for it. After the beta trials I held out hope that maybe it'd improve - it didn't. You get spiders, centipedes, cultists, etc. That die in autoattacks. There's no tactics involved. Plus there's a group of these uninventive encounters every step of the way. With the Turn Based mode this is hell. Hence the feeling of Owlcat wasting my time. At that point, you're a playing an action game. A bad action game... If you want an action game go play Devil May Cry or Bayonetta.

Also, I saw my friend's stream of the late game. The same thing as the prologue. Except now there's an additional step of wasting five minutes prebuffing for every encounter. How exciting! Yeah fuck off.

The mother of all copes with this game is the combat. Because if the combat pillar is not considered 10/10 the whole structure collapses on itself since the other areas are pretty bad (although I did enjoy the OST, it was well made, big props to Dryante).

The combat in this game is lauded for requiring you to "utilize all available tools" and take "creative approaches". Presuming you actually make decent builds and have a decent party composition, I can not for the life of me see how you can reach this conclusion if you have played the game when every encounter is either you pre-buffing essentially the same universally good spells/abilities or just auto-attack the enemy if they are trash mobs. Yes, for certain encounters you may take X buff over Y buff, or even be required to use CC-spells or debuffing, but the core gameplay always circles back to pre-buff or auto-attack (sometimes both). This is repetitive and uninspiring but most importantly makes you feel you are wasting your time.

Slaver1

Savant
Slogging through Pathfinder 2 gave me a new appreciation of Baldurs Gate's dedicated RtwP combat. The balance and encounter design Owlcat struck is off whether in real-time or turn-based mode. If I had to go back again I'd lower the difficulty (overtuned buffed enemies) and play in real-time mode. Then again, why bother when there's a treasure trove of better things from the not too distant past to revisit. Even Pathfinder Kingmaker was a much better game.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I can not for the life of me see how you can reach this conclusion if you have played the game when every encounter is either you pre-buffing essentially the same universally good spells/abilities or just auto-attack the enemy if they are trash mobs.
Yes. I posted two videos in the Wrath thread that showcased how terrible the enemy AI is, but those cunts couldn't even refute it. Instead attacking how Chalice 2 isn't somehow a fucking game. Instead bringing up the buggy 1.0 version of Chalice. Or just fabricating complete lies about Pierre's game. As if that somehow defeats my argument. For the record, this is what the cunts masturbate themselves to:

The Water Elemental doesn't do anything of interest. It just autoattacks, over and over and over. No clever use of combat mechanics to outplay the player. No use of positioning to get the foothold. Nothing. This is a bad action game. I did this fight multiple times with the 'improved' AI setting on and off. It does nothing.

This is what a good encounter looks like in Chalice 2:

Spider Queen reposition herself. Uses spells. Performs combat maneuvers. Supports her allies. The stuff that makes video games engaging.

Even Colony Ship, which is still in Early Access mind you. Has better gameplay:

Enemies take advantage of the aimed system to debilitate you. They reposition. Leagues better than whatever crap Owlcat is doing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom