Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sunri

Liturgist
Can you corrupt ember when you play evil character? during her quest line she killer some random with flamestrike i wish she would just kill people instead making cringe speeches

I think in a day or two you will discover his role as a protector against utter Western stupidity that even Codex is not immune to. It's ironic, considering he is supposed to be from the USA.
You Western world is gone anon! It is! It is dawn of final day anon! It is! Do not worry anon it is okay anon because it is white boy summer anon! It is! You are a good anon! You are a good Lann anon friend anon!

Lambach

Arcane
I hate to break it to you, but Sword Saint build does not need Haplo to succeed. The only information he could have given is the meta about bastard swords in Kingmaker. Otherwise, the class is a perfect tank by design.

It was info about a DEX-based Sword Saint that used Dueling Swords, tho, so it wasn't one of his standard 3-billion-damage-per-crit Bastard Sword builds. The LARP I was doing with that particular character was slightly different. :M

I was also new to Pathfinder at the time and that system has some noticeable differences compared to the standard 3.5e that I'm used to.

I'll just probably play it safe and go full glass-cannon Sorc as I usually do once this is out of Early Access for the first playthough, tho.

Shadenuat

Arcane
DEX in PKM was enough to one-shot very difficult enemies on Unfair.

In this one, potentially still would with new mythics (oh right. also hurr crusader edge hurr some other buffs, whatever), but idk about all the manyhp enhanced demons.
Plus, there are so many companions you can try and train into proper men and real waifu women in way of the DEX, I'd just roll a full plate high str packing plate Keldorn every time, even if it might be boring and not fancy like all the katana wiedling aldori gaylords.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'll just probably play it safe and go full glass-cannon Sorc as I usually do once this is out of Early Access for the first playthough, tho.
Wrath has race-specific subclasses, which might / should be strong without multiclassing. Probably, it is another convenient way to start probing a new system, as they are, basically, prebuilds, but more interesting.

Mortmal

Arcane
Haplo helped me build the best Lawful Evil Sword Saint Queen I could've possibly asked for in Kingmaker, so hopefully he delivers again.
I hate to break it to you, but Sword Saint build does not need Haplo to succeed. The only information he could have given is the meta about bastard swords in Kingmaker. Otherwise, the class is a perfect tank by design.

Haplo's build is excellent for sword saint, its not a perfect tank by default if you dont know how to build it .It can be damage dealer , one of the best at it. There's no oversized bastard sword in WOTR , and i dont even remember bastard swords at all, but his strengh build can still work with any weapons , just slightly weaker. Maybe glaive weapons, theres very good ones . For tank i'd jsut go pure dex build .
Now only thing to change is which mythic path you want to pair it , either lich or trickster.

Lambach

Arcane
but idk about all the manyhp enhanced demons.

Hooo, wait, does that mean a Sorc build based around blasting the shit out of your enemies with damage spells will suck here? Because if so :decline:

even if it might be boring and not fancy like all the katana wiedling aldori gaylords.

How fucking dare you.

EKKojvrUUAAga-2.jpg

Shadenuat

Arcane
Hooo, wait, does that mean a Sorc build based around blasting the shit out of your enemies with damage spells will suck here?
(hmm, now that that american cannot stop me...)
Welly well wellington, my fedora friend, sorcs and spontaneous casters suck to begin with compared to stategic and classical vancian casters like wizards and now witches as well. No, in fact, if you think they don't suck, it just means you suck instead! In general, casters just suck for like 10 levels, through some of the most difficult parts of the game, because difficulty does jack shit against enemy spell resistance and immunities, and demons have ton of it. And then, they begin to just throw all this immune to everything (bosses are even immune to level drain, what is this, sawyerism? i demand bg back!) and high hp resurrecting demons. I swear, it is a game totally skewed against casters, and made for Haplos and their improved improved criticals doing 30000 damage per crit.
I hope you would report this to Owlcats through a bug reporting tool.

(it depends on difficulty. can still multishot enemies with mythic spells and some are super op. I heard angel is great blaster, oddly enough. with new penalties to stats i just flat Banished/Dissmissaled and turned into dogs everything I met as gayazata. every mythic has something really.)

Fucking grease magic missile meta, what have they done to my game.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Haplo helped me build the best Lawful Evil Sword Saint Queen I could've possibly asked for in Kingmaker, so hopefully he delivers again.

That is... true.
But also Desiderius-style lectures on the silliness of dipping other classes on a Sword Saint, who is already the perfect kit by itself (other then maybe that 1 monk dip :P ).

dacencora

While Desiderius is... an acquired taste as far as personality goes, it is a loss for the forum because his advice on builds is pretty solid.
I think in a day or two you will discover his role as a protector against utter Western stupidity that even Codex is not immune to. It's ironic, considering he is supposed to be from the USA.
Another poster obsessed with the """WEST""". Lol.

Lambach

Arcane
Welly well wellington, my fedora friend, sorcs and spontaneous casters suck to begin with compared to stategic and classical vancian casters like wizards and now witches as well.

In PnP they do. But in video-games, in which there are only ever a small handful of actually useful spells-per-level + the fact you can Save and Load game at will? I honestly don't understand the point of playing a Wizard (unless, of course, for specific LARP purposes). Even in both Baldur's Gate SCS, Sorcerers reign supreme over Wizards because in video-game format, there really are only small handful of spells per level that are actually useful.

In general, casters just suck for like 10 levels, through some of the most difficult parts of the game, because difficulty does jack shit against enemy spell resistance and immunities, and demons have ton of it. And then, they begin to just throw all this immune to everything (bosses are even immune to level drain, what is this, sawyerism? i demand bg back!) and high hp resurrecting demons. I swear, it is a game totally skewed against casters, and made for Haplos and their improved improved criticals doing 30000 damage per crit.

Oh, Christ. :negative:

I'll do a Haplo-style build in 1 out 3-4 of my playthroughs of a game, but if a fucking D&D-based game won't let me be a god-among-men magic blaster, I really don't think I want to bother.

Kingmaker wasn't 100% caster-friendly to begin with, with all the HP bloat and sky-high Saves, but what you're describing sounds even worse. A D&D party in which the focused Arcane caster isn't the most powerful member just feels.... wrong.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Yes. And the United States of America fell because of Wizards being weak in PK.

Or something like that.

(I can't believe this is working.)

Thonius

Arcane
OH GOD, I caught up with the drama, am I dumb or something? I don't get why he got booted. The dude is rough around the edges but cmon. A moment of silence.

ANYHOW, anyone checked disciple of pike works as I think it is, ie the smaller your character the better bonuses you get?

Sharpedge

Prophet
Welly well wellington, my fedora friend, sorcs and spontaneous casters suck to begin with compared to stategic and classical vancian casters like wizards and now witches as well.

In PnP they do. But in video-games, in which there are only ever a small handful of actually useful spells-per-level + the fact you can Save and Load game at will? I honestly don't understand the point of playing a Wizard (unless, of course, for specific LARP purposes). Even in both Baldur's Gate SCS, Sorcerers reign supreme over Wizards because in video-game format, there really are only small handful of spells per level that are actually useful.

In general, casters just suck for like 10 levels, through some of the most difficult parts of the game, because difficulty does jack shit against enemy spell resistance and immunities, and demons have ton of it. And then, they begin to just throw all this immune to everything (bosses are even immune to level drain, what is this, sawyerism? i demand bg back!) and high hp resurrecting demons. I swear, it is a game totally skewed against casters, and made for Haplos and their improved improved criticals doing 30000 damage per crit.

I'll do a Haplo-style build in 1 out 3-4 of my playthroughs of a game, but if a fucking D&D-based game won't let me be a god-among-men magic blaster, I really don't think I want to bother.

Kingmaker wasn't 100% caster-friendly to begin with, with all the HP bloat and sky-high Saves, but what you're describing sounds even worse. A D&D party in which the focused Arcane caster isn't the most powerful member just feels.... wrong.
There is plenty of tools to make casters good especially later on, you can do stuff like this if you want to.
unknown.png

Thonius

Arcane

Don't forget instant metamagic without rods as SORC. It's really more manageable than wizard.

Shadenuat

Arcane
There is plenty of tools to make casters good especially later on, you can do stuff like this if you want to.
I am trying to press an agenda here...

Anyway, this number is kinda less than PK actually. And even then, Fighters simply would do this consistently and, often about 5 times more damage too. On probably more powerful monsters.

Sure I have Winter Witch planned and all, but I am not expecting miracles.

And then you need to crawl through Chapters 1&2. Especially fun as good aligned casters on Unfair and all.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
My azata dragon pet is level 15 and I’m level 11 with mythic rank 4. Is that normal because at level 10 it was only level 10… ???

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom