Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
(other then maybe that 1 monk dip)

Just the dip though, it's not gay if you just take the dip :oops:

Kingmaker wasn't 100% caster-friendly to begin with

You'll need to get a bit creative with mythic but I think both Azata and Lich should be able to provide ample opportunities for casters. Mebbe killing potential will be a bit lower than some ultra tuned melee builds, the fuck do you care, are you a phag?

Shadenuat

Arcane
Of course we must care. Fighters are a second class citizens, casters must be better.

At least on higher levels.

Should not it grow around that mythic level?
I think at some point my dragon was twice level than me just because.
Russian design things.

Sharpedge

Prophet
There is plenty of tools to make casters good especially later on, you can do stuff like this if you want to.
I am trying to press an agenda here...
Take your agenda somewhere else :P
There is plenty of tools to make casters good especially later on, you can do stuff like this if you want to.
Anyway, this number is kinda less than PK actually. And even then, Fighters simply would do this consistently and, often about 5 times more damage too. On probably more powerful monsters.

Sure I have Winter Witch planned and all, but I am not expecting miracles.
Its not particularly high in comparison to melee hits, agreed, but its still more than enough for almost every fight. Also it was the only random caster picture I happened to have on hand, and its not exactly optimized at all. Casters also get some great AoE spells and some good utility.
And then you need to crawl through Chapters 1&2. Especially fun as good aligned casters on Unfair and all.
This is the real painful part, yep.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
often about 5 times more damage too

Damage is not everything. A caster casting create undead 6 times and then, maximized/empowered cloudkill can be quite deadly. 6 damage to CON each round. And in Wrath, they are even better. Negative Eruption(lich) is a AoE harm. At caster level 34(which you can reach in game at lv 20/10mythic), and using a greater quicken rod, you can cast negative eruption twice in a round. Each cast dealing 340 damage.

Azata? maximized/empowered chain lightning + greater quicken metamagic rod + favorable metamagic + zippy magic(...) can also dish ludicrous high damage too;

In this game, there are some enemies which I can only kill via attribute damage. Eg? Playful darkness

azata dragon pet is level 15

At end game, he will be 35th level and you will be able to ride your havoc dragon.

He doesn't have OP offensive spells but has a lot of amazing buffs. He can cast spell resistance and give almost 50 SR to you.

Kingmaker wasn't 100% caster-friendly to begin with

Disagreed. Pathfinder 1E has a lot of amazing spells which aren't presente in 3.5E like Ice Prison, sirroco and tsunami.

Also, the sorcerer with pet companion is way better than the P&P.

Sharpedge

Prophet
Positive Energy, Touch Attacks and Attribute Drain are all easy ways to kill playful darkness.

Shadenuat

Arcane
KM was very caster friendly. So much that I cleared it with just a banal evoker wizard moment I got webs and fireballs.

This one, I am still butthurt that many classical HD spells like Sleep can't do anything because enemies in Ch1 already have more HD. And spell resistance.

Drain, seen enemies immune to it. Chain lightning, would be good against trash I guess.

For me, castor should point into enemy boss and boss should die instantly. So far, most hilarious spell for this was Banishment, that has 1 will check (as opposed to 2 from illusion) and doesn't care for death or mind immuns.

Erebus

Arcane
So far, I consider the game to be much less entertaining than Kingmaker. Still, Owlcat has definitely improved on its previous game in some ways.

...And in some ways, it has not. For instance, it has somehow failed to realize that everyone hates swarms.

Everyone. Including the posers who pretend that they don't.

Shadenuat

Arcane
You just need to let go bro and accept Azata supremacy.
Eh, my first char would be azata because I need to get all this anime and romancing primadonna out of the way. Because I also suspect it's the least buggy one. Then I could forget about it forever.

here, enjoy some diabetes pills I collected for it.

96ibiZj.jpg

r4fexYE.jpg

n9UQCn2.jpg

rbuQiMr.jpg

Lambach

Arcane
Of course we must care. Fighters are a second class citizens, casters must be better.

This, but unironically. As they level, Fighters get to swing their swords or axes or whatever faster and harder. As they level, Casters start from summoning butterflies and spitting mild sulfuric acid to conjuring City-shattering Elementals and causing a rain of fucking meteors to show up wherever and whenever they want it to.

Golly gee whiz, I wonder which of the two looks more interesting to the average player.

:philosoraptor:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Golly gee whiz, I wonder which of the two looks more interesting to the average player.

:philosoraptor:
Yes.

In fact, I thought about trying to actually play 6 full caster party.

It would probably end up horriby difficult though without abusing buffing and shapeshifting in the end, or something like that.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron

Years ago, when D&D was a thing. Nowadays, fighters somehow swing swords 22 times in 6 seconds, while being impervious to 85% of known energy sources and being able to duplicate themselves on the spiritual realm, hence doubling their actions before haste. And that's before the monk dip!

I feel you man, I started playing in the '90 too.

Thonius

Arcane
They should work on PATHFINDING.
Motherfucking shitfaced cumstain! I'm absolutely assblasted by the fucking PATHFINDING in this game! Granted that I'm sleep deprived a bit but every time I try to enter one particular room with NOT SO GRAND encounter I get fucked in the ass by moronic pathfinding worst of all it's combined with SPACEBAR BUG ( I cannot pause on spacebar or icon), in RTWP I get gyga raped by idiotic pathfinding ( mount does not help) and lack of pause. TB - I just lose initiative every time! I won't it like 5 times already but every time someone dies and I'm all out of scrolls! It's MADDENING!
Yes.

In fact, I thought about trying to actually play 6 full caster party.

It would probably end up horriby difficult though without abusing buffing and shapeshifting in the end, or something like that.
That's the fun part, no?
I don't get why he got booted.
Site is being purged to be more advertiser friendly.
Laugh now, you won't be laughing when it comes for you.

For anyone else reading this post, let it be known that I'd make an excellent shill for hotpockets.
That's suck, anyhow how the heck sited generate income nowadays? Everyone got adblockers/antiminers and so forth.

Mortmal

Arcane
OH GOD, I caught up with the drama, am I dumb or something? I don't get why he got booted. The dude is rough around the edges but cmon. A moment of silence.

ANYHOW, anyone checked disciple of pike works as I think it is, ie the smaller your character the better bonuses you get?
He wasnt booted , its a misunderstanding, rpgcodex has helpful staff. He asked for a ban, you can scroll up , so he was granted one . Same thing, if you ask for self eject, darkunderlord is a super helpful guy .

Israfael

Arcane
This one, I am still butthurt that many classical HD spells like Sleep can't do anything because enemies in Ch1 already have more HD. And spell resistance.
Yeah, I was very butthurt to see that most enemies in the starting dungeon were exactly CR 5 so that most of my kit did not work at all. Had to reroll to generalist wizard by the tavern fight so that I would not loose transmutation (which is basically the only thing that works at low levels atm). Could get by without anything like that in the Kangmaker (and to add something extra there's Ekun-styled archer right from the get go in wrathfinder)

They should work on PATHFINDING.
Have you played Brigade E5? :lol:

Shadenuat

Arcane
He asked for a ban, you can scroll up , so he was granted one
Eh. American will have time to play american games with his kids outside. I do pleinair painting when my heart fills too much with hate to sawyerism.

Yeah, I was very butthurt to see that most enemies in the starting dungeon were exactly CR 5
It's stupid because a) same problemsin KM b) they fixed undeath to death, maybe even cause I wrote long ass post on steam for this c) BG Spell Revisions fixed this shit ages ago by making spells scale a bit.
Also, 1 Round summons.

Also, while SR on say Cambions and Imps is entirely accurate to PnP, it's like, le tutorial man. At least make difficulty affect it.
And then you get like +40 spellpen and it doesn't work anymore.

Stupid! Buff early Wizards!
eCeLRoU.jpg

Parabalus

Arcane
As much as I like getting new mythic ranks, it also depresses me because I know the game is just going to keep buffing the shit out of demons to scale with me
:negative:
Yeah. Nothing ruins a power fantasy like Bethesda style encounter design.

Never really had that happen, even though the game spams mythic demons against you, as you go up in M ranks they start to feel like ants, even though they can demolish you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom