Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why was Desiderius banned?

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Is codex changing? To an authoritarian site now?

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Don't act so smug Crispy, it's indecorous since it wasn't you who pulled the trigger but VentilatorOfDoom. So, VoD, what's up brother? Why you feel the need to shoot desuman all of the sudden?
Because he got on my nerves. Every day I have the wade through dozens of posts of his drivel when reading a thread that is of interest to me in GRPG. Because that's all what this guy does - producing a 100 posts a day, every day, telling all of you how retarded you are.
It takes a while to annoy me. It doesn't happen within a couple of posts. But after watching the shenanigans of that obnoxious idiot for a couple of weeks, today was the day when I was finally fed up. He could have taken the hint when I posted my warning and toned it down a bit but he decided not to. And now he's gone (for a month). If you think about it, I'm actually helping him. The RPGCodex clearly is too dumb for him and now he has the opportunity to spend his time among a worthier audience.

jackofshadows

Magister
He did post a lot of useful shit. I mean, actual, game-related shit. As for his attitude, I personally find it amusing. If someone can't stand it, click the ignore function, idk. Banning him was arbirtary and gay thing to do.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
His posting style is obnoxious, but he has systems knowledge and engages meaningfully with the topic. A lot of people in the thread get build help by Desiderius. He goes full retard once every blue moon, and is responsible for about 50% of all Retardo land posts from GRPG, but I say he deserves more leniency than usual for providing value to the forum.
Banning a shitposter who only posts shit is fine. Banning someone who alternates between shitposting and effortposting is a thin line.

Codex Year of the Donut
I don't remember him going off topic much at all unless you count discussion of general D&D-topics as off-topic in a thread about pathfinder games.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I was never bothered by the obnoxious thing, almost everyone here is obnoxious in their own way. He posted interesting things.

Like for example insisting that the game as designed (by both Paizo to Owlcat) is set up so that you don't need to munchkinize even for higher level play, and that most single classes are good, and even the companions are built well, if you look for and rely more on team synergies - is that true? I don't know, but it's one of many interesting things he said.

If it's only for a month I guess it's a "naughty step" thing and not too serious, but I do disagree with it.

Cunt Dickula!?

Don't act so smug Crispy, it's indecorous since it wasn't you who pulled the trigger but VentilatorOfDoom. So, VoD, what's up brother? Why you feel the need to shoot desuman all of the sudden?
Because he got on my nerves. Every day I have the wade through dozens of posts of his drivel when reading a thread that is of interest to me in GRPG. Because that's all what this guy does - producing a 100 posts a day, every day, telling all of you how retarded you are.
It takes a while to annoy me. It doesn't happen within a couple of posts. But after watching the shenanigans of that obnoxious idiot for a couple of weeks, today was the day when I was finally fed up. He could have taken the hint when I posted my warning and toned it down a bit but he decided not to. And now he's gone (for a month). If you think about it, I'm actually helping him. The RPGCodex clearly is too dumb for him and now he has the opportunity to spend his time among a worthier audience.
Why not just ban him from these threads he was shitting up?

Mortmal

Arcane
I was never bothered by the obnoxious thing, almost everyone here is obnoxious in their own way. He posted interesting things.

Like for example insisting that the game as designed (by both Paizo to Owlcat) is set up so that you don't need to munchkinize even for higher level play, and that most single classes are good, and even the companions are built well, if you look for and rely more on team synergies - is that true? I don't know, but it's one of many interesting things he said.

If it's only for a month I guess it's a "naughty step" thing and not too serious, but I do disagree with it.
It's absolutely not true here . IN paizo game yes, in owlcat game , no way . The default builds the companions get and most single class are not enough to finish the game on normal and above difficulties. See you have seelah in your group,pally in armor, the normal guy will think its the tank in the group, you just have to cast heal and buffs and that will work right ?
Chapter 1-3 not much problem , although stuff like ancient treant and blackwater, or optional encounters may be trouble. End game its not good enough , already posted screenshots of stat blocks , they have several attacks per round hitting at +60 each, it's basic math you need more than 60 ac before the enemies even have roll , so you are safe at 80 ac unless they lucky and roll 20 , the default build on seelah will never bring you to this. She will get one shot, stay at 1 hp thanks to the mythic and you spam heal on her, not real convenient . If you want to reach that on a main character its min maxing too.

Sarathiour

Cipher
every day, telling all of you how retarded you are.

So you average codexer ? Pretty thin-skinned for a moderator.

Desiderius might go batshit time to time, but he was mostly right. Is it really spamming when a different retard ask or complain about the same thing every two weeks and he keep putting them into their places ?

Sarathiour

Cipher

It's absolutely not true here . IN paizo game yes, in owlcat game , no way . The default builds the companions get and most single class are not enough to finish the game on normal and above difficulties. See you have seelah in your group,pally in armor, the normal guy will think its the tank in the group, you just have to cast heal and buffs and that will work right ?
Chapter 1-3 not much problem , although stuff like ancient treant and blackwater, or optional encounters may be trouble. End game its not good enough , already posted screenshots of stat blocks , they have several attacks per round hitting at +60 each, it's basic math you need more than 60 ac before the enemies even have roll , so you are safe at 80 ac unless they lucky and roll 20 , the default build on seelah will never bring you to this. She will get one shot, stay at 1 hp thanks to the mythic and you spam heal on her, not real convenient . If you want to reach that on a main character its min maxing too.

IDK for wrath yet, but that's just not true for kingmaker.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
I actually liked the guy. VentilatorOfDoom is being a little bitch.

He could have taken the hint when I posted my warning and toned it down a bit but he decided not to.

When Crispy has given me a warning he sent it straight to my PM's and outright told me. None of this 'hint' shit as if you're a women on their period. I have never met a more noble soul than desiderius. If you need help and ask for it he will help you. If you go into the thread crying and whining instead of asking for help he will call you an idiot as it should be. If you go in and say some stupid shit like you have to min max or can't use companions on core he will call you an idiot because that's exactly what you are and it's demonstrably true that that's what you are.

Mortmal

Arcane

The hardest mob in kingmaker is a normal encounter by act 3 of wotr.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
And yet all these left clickers said the same thing about kingmaker. They were wrong then and they're wrong now. More people need to lower the difficulty and take the hit to their pride rather than come here and bitch. It's for these reasons that desiderius was needed. To keep these people humble and sitting.

Mortmal

Arcane
That's that kind of blind fanboysm that tend to make people upset, D_X Ontopoly you are just a bunch of insufferables dumbfucks who should join your friend in exile.

the-banishment-from-paradise-german-school.jpg

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Just ask for help mortmal. There's no shame in it. It's okay. Or recognize that you need to lower the difficulty to something that suits your playstyle better. That's what they're there for.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Pretty damn weak ban. Remember, if you sperg a little too much about a RPG you like you get banned on a RPG forum.
People literally have gimmick accounts made just to hate on certain games but you like a game too much and you're fucked. If you're going to go after fan boys at least go after the harmful larian cultist ones. If I had mod powers I'd purge the codex and start new. Take a note from God and flood everything. Let a couple people make it to the other side

Mortmal

Arcane
Just ask for help mortmal. There's no shame in it. It's okay. Or recognize that you need to lower the difficulty to something that suits your playstyle better. That's what they're there for.

Dont need help i finished it, fed up explaining its overtuned and a far cry from a real pathfinder adaptation to dumbfucks who will simply push a button disagreee , or say git gud to any posters having trouble with it, exaclty like on steam.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Friendly reminder that Mortmal is a little cuck who spent the first 6 months of Pathfinder: Kingmaker release bitching about how Owlcat made the game too difficult and too unfaithful to the pnp. Him being an anointed Pathfinder DM veteran from 50 years also was one of his regular arguments.

Mortmal

Arcane
Friendly reminder that Mortmal is a little cuck who spent the first 6 months of Pathfinder: Kingmaker release bitching about how Owlcat made the game too difficult and too unfaithful to the pnp. Him being an anointed Pathfinder DM veteran from 50 years also was one of his regular arguments.
It's ok to be angry , no more circle jerk with desiderius for a month . But you still have your pals ontopoly d_x and sometimes even rusty , so it aint that bad, your turn for the wig will be earlier.
As for kingmaker its still unfaithful to pnp , overtuned for rtwp. But it's getting better , it was absurdly overtuned at release and then massively changed and patched during at least one year.

Takamori

Learned
Desi was being a sperg yes, but 1 week in the gay baby jail should be enough, 1 month seems harsh for me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom