Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dying Light 2 Stay Human - zombie survival with choice & consequence

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Stay human means don't be retarded and have collective memory lose on how to make explosives and gun weapons in just 7 years after apocalypse. Retarded setting.

Salvo

Arcane
Stay human means don't be retarded and have collective memory lose on how to make explosives and gun weapons in just 7 years after apocalypse. Retarded setting.
What can change the nature of memory

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/how-dying-light-2s-daynight-system-completely-transforms-the-city/

How Dying Light 2's day/night system completely transforms the city
Risk and reward.

At the PC Gaming Show we learned a little about the world of Dying Light 2, which is set for release on December 7. One of the most interesting things about the city is how it completely transforms at night, and I sat down with a developer from Techland to tell me more about that.

"The night is the common enemy for everyone in Dying Light 2," says creative director Adrian Ciszewski. "During the day, everyone has their own agenda. You might hate one of the factions. But when night falls, everyone has one enemy: the Infected."

"When the night comes, the world changes completely. Humans rule the city during the day, but the streets are overrun with Infected at night. The floor is lava, basically. You should stay on the rooftops. If you jump to ground level, it's gonna be painful. You'll be pursued and encounter Screamers."

Screamers, if you haven't had the pleasure, are a creepy child-like form of the Infected, returning from the original game. Their screams disorient you and alert other enemies to your location. You can imagine how terrifying being spotted by one of these will be at night when the streets are crawling with Infected and you're at your most vulnerable.

"Night also brings interesting gameplay opportunities," says Ciszewski. "If you travel the world during the day, you're gonna see a lot of Infected in buildings—almost like I Am Legend—who are asleep. They're waiting for night to go hunting. So when they go out at night, they leave those interiors almost empty. And that's an opportunity for you to visit these places."

"The metro system is usually very populated with Infected during the day, but at night you can go there and explore more easily. You might find military containers down there. So the day/night system isn't just a gimmick, it's a part of the world. If a quest involves you going through an underground tunnel, waiting for night will make your life much easier."

"Exploring at night is made even more complicated by the fact that you have this biomarker measuring your level of infection," he says. "Everyone in this world is infected. The more time you spend in darkness, the more the infection bar rises up. So you're not only managing time, but your infection level. But you can give yourself more time with food items or injections."

In a gameplay trailer released in May (see above) we get a brief glimpse of how things will play out at night. We see the dev playing the demo creeping through a dark subway tunnel, dodging the handful of zombies still lurking down there. You'll have to use stealth here to avoid being seen. Then they find a crate stuffed with high quality loot, which is your reward for braving the city's lower levels after hours. It looks incredibly tense.

Last edited:

RoSoDude

Arcane
"Gameplay" trailer. Uh huh. We saw some heavily spliced climbing animations and a scripted stealth sequence.

Compare with the first Dying Light's first gameplay reveal:

Obviously it's a scripted sequence and some stuff is placeholder (voice acting, some animations, there's no UI, etc.) but it's actually a fairly accurate vertical slice of the final game. Exploration, parkour, weapons, combat abilities, environmental kills, enemy types, day/night cycles, stealth, volatile chases. All of that stuff is in the game and it works more or less as promised.

I know we had an actual gameplay trailer back in 2019, but the limited scope of the current footage (along with what we've heard about its development) makes me seriously wonder about their progress in the meantime, how much of that was even real in the first place. The last gameplay trailer was a lot better, so maybe there is a game here after all. I can't help but feel wary, though.

Artyoan

Arbiter
If they keep that same 80's zombie movie feel with the distorted audio ambiance than I will be very forgiving about any other faults. I expect the story to suck but the gameplay should be good. Hopefully the town is as memorable as the Harran slums. I'm starting to feel some hype.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
If they keep that same 80's zombie movie feel with the distorted audio ambiance than I will be very forgiving about any other faults. I expect the story to suck but the gameplay should be good. Hopefully the town is as memorable as the Harran slums. I'm starting to feel some hype.
It all hinges on the soundtrack.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Tune in to Gamescom Studio in partnership with IGN on August 26th at 11am PT / 8pm CEST! You will be able to watch the next episode of Dying 2 Know – Gamescom edition! #gamescom2021

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

For the first time, experience the post-apocalyptic landscape of The City in Dying Light 2 Stay Human enhanced with RTX. Watch how ray-traced reflections, global illumination, and shadows enhance this unforgiving world, while NVIDIA DLSS provides maximum performance and image quality.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Once the City was completely different. The place lived its own life. The virus was only the first spark before a huge fire. People change everything. In the absence of any laws, gangs fight for resources and power. Will you fix the world around you or make it even worse? We'll see.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Survivors!
Join our lead game designer Tymon Smektała in a special Gamescom episode of Dying 2 Know!
You will learn more about parkour, combat, and some tools of destruction that will help you in Dying Light 2 Stay Human.

Pre-order Dying Light 2: http://bit.ly/PreorderDL2YT

Chapters:
0:00 Intro
1:29 Parkour
4:33 Melee combat
7:54 TechlandGG: new reward
8:39 Gameplay trailer
11:08 Tools of destruction
14:23 UGC contest update
15:06 Combat environment
18:05 Summary
18:29 Dying Light Nintendo Switch
19:17 Pre-order now!
19:28 Outro

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
Delay to next Febuary
Dying-Light-2.jpg

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

Ehh... So basically:

"In this video we demo the amazing work done by other companies as our Engine relies on industry standard third party tech to handle Raytracing / Global Illumination and well established denoising / Anti-aliasing techniques."

Sorry.. why are they patting themselves on the back for this ..? :lol:
Just post fucking gameplay..

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine

Ehh... So basically:

"In this video we demo the amazing work done by other companies as our Engine relies on industry standard third party tech to handle Raytracing / Global Illumination and well established denoising / Anti-aliasing techniques."

Sorry.. why are they patting themselves on the back for this ..? :lol:
Just post fucking gameplay..

Its just a commercial for nividia I think they even send their own engineers to big developers to implement this shit so they can sell more cards.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Its just a commercial for nividia I think they even send their own engineers to big developers to implement this shit so they can sell more cards.

At this point every engine incorporates this.
It's not worth shilling about.. but if Nvidia forced them to do it - fair enough.

(It didn't feel like a Nvidia ad.. minus the green rectangle in the corner of the screen)

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine

At this point every engine incorporates this.
It's not worth shilling about.. but if Nvidia forced them to do it - fair enough.

(It didn't feel like a Nvidia ad.. minus the green rectangle in the corner of the screen)
Every big studio is shilling this it was the same shit with nividia physx clothing a couple years ago.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom