Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are we an RPG Discussion website or a Free Speech website?

Are we an RPG Discussion website or a Free Speech website?

• RPG Discussion

Votes: 246 46.1%
  • Free Speech

Votes: 260 48.7%
  • Anime is shit

Votes: 28 5.2%

• Total voters
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
What is it with these cryptic polls anyway? Should we split the website? What kind of website is that? What is this crap? How would the mods react if a stranger walked up to them at night and asked: "Would you rather live without your dick or without both of your thumbs?" and then left without offering any further explanation.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Recommendation: eliminate problematic staff. They add nothing to this site.

Yes, expel scrotty and put the oy vey infinitron on probation.

:hmmm:

In this particular case, the results might be the opposite of what you were wishing for.

I really dunno why not just openly discuss the issue, rather than making "mysterious" polls.

Well, unless you want to fan the flames, that is.

Codex Year of the Donut
Recommendation: eliminate problematic staff. They add nothing to this site.

Yes, expel scrotty and put the oy vey infinitron on probation.

In this particular case, the results might be the opposite of what you were wishing for.

I really dunno why not just openly discuss the issue, rather than making "mysterious" polls.

Well, unless you want to fan the flames, that is.
They like getting infinitron blamed for things they do

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
lol who's the staff that is pushing for this? For the 10 years on this forum I have seen DU so active only when there is big staff drama. Who will spill the beans for us plebs ? :popcorn:

DU. See the post I made in the other thread https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...lowed-on-the-codex.140121/page-2#post-7502802 The outside influence in this case being the Australian government.
This would seem a lot more "real" coming from DU. The fact that he's not just coming out and saying it himself and making shit tier threads like this while acting all weird is suspicious as fuck. People will pick up on that weird vibe and ignore what you're saying while coming up with conspiracy theories about Infinitron and Scruffy.

Regardless, it should be a non-issue anyway. This is a pretty retarded excuse even if it is the truth. There are many solutions. First off, as far as I know, it doesn't matter who owns the site, it matters where the servers are located. If the servers are in another country, or at least specifically the US, those Aussie faggots can't do anything but seeth. I know partially because of what happened with Kiwi Farms during the Brenton Tarrant thing and my own personal experience dealing with those cucks trying to harass me. I'm an American citizen and the worst they could do was talk my local police into knocking on my door for a talk. And this was with me literally praising a terrorist and calling for violence publicly on Facebook.

Even if that wasn't the case, how the fuck are they going to know who DU is? He's not listed in the whois info. Do you think they're going to subpoena NameSilo for his info? Retarded. Even if you're that retardedly paranoid, there's another solution. Give the site to an American. Someone who won't actually run anything but will just put their name on the whois info. Fuck, I'll volunteer. I don't work in an industry where I can be cancelled and I have no fear.

Don't destroy the culture here over this pathetic excuse. It's so retarded that I don't even have a word for it.

Last edited:

fork

FUCK THE AUSTRALIAN FASCIST GOVERNMENT!

Holy fuck, if your legislation really is the problem, why not be straight forward about it? Ask for donations helping you emigrate to a more free, humanitarian nation? I'm sure people would start to donate for real.

Nah, that's not it. It's the Jew and the Cripple.

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
I hate participating in these threads. I'm really just here for the RPG stuff. But here go my 2 cents...

If this is a law thing (or should I say, a staying away from the attention of the law thing), it should be made clear.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You know the end (aka change) is coming when this shit is brought up on a daily basis. You just can't have free speech on the Internet anymore sadly.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The thing everyone appears to be missing is that not every black person is a nigger. Yeah, old story you think... no, I'm not referring to Africans, which mostly are niggers. I'm referring to black people, primarily in the USA, but also found elsewhere, who overcame their nigger nature and who behave in every way like civilised humans. How are we supposed to distinguish between the two without using the word nigger?

From Commissar perspective its the opposite plenty of gentlemen of color in and from Africa (Here we got creme de la creme of course: sons of tribal chiefs and city intelligentsia who decided to not return to their country and work here) while Kwa which has and exports its Niggger ''culture'' centered around glorification of crime, drugs and blame the whitey mentality and people who are called uncle Toms: Anglos with dark skin and not much between.

Remember who defeated, captured and sold whom Comrade.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
UopceTP.jpg

Archwizard Hank

Learned
We can have an RPG discussion website without a political forum.

And we can split and retardo non-RPG Discussions.

I pitched in my two cents regarding this issue in the thread about splitting the site, but since you're still insistent on this, I might as well elaborate. There's not much I can say that hasn't already been said, though as someone who runs a website (albeit one that isn't anywhere near as well-trafficked and prestigious as this one) I can at least sympathize somewhat with what you're maybe trying to push here. Maintaining a site like this isn't an easy task, and I admire the fact that barring some recent alterations, you've kept the site's identity more or less unmolested.

Having said that, just based on my own limited experience as a webmaster and community manager and based on my own observations of how other people have managed communities, splitting the site really doesn't strike me as the greatest idea. People here have brought up the NeoGAF/ResetEra split as either a cautionary tale of what PolDex could become or as a reason why you should excise political discussion, but the thing most people are generally ignoring when discussing these sites in this context is that GAF's userbase was pretty sharply split opinion-wise before the site divided. The Codex on the other hand, while possessing a fairly diverse opinionbase (at least if you look closely enough) still on average leans to one side of the political graph. Ergo, in my view, splitting the sites would only really create an artificial division. You wouldn't be quarantining anything because the userbase isn't divided enough, and in the end one or both of the sites would atrophy and die due to a lack of activity - likely PolDex as it wouldn't have a backlog of posting history for lurkers to get engaged with. It's also worth noting that (to my knowledge) neither GAF nor Era are exclusively politics or vidya forums. They're polar opposites on the horseshoe (to use a political barometer not everyone agrees with) but they also understand that the basis of your poll is a false dichotomy. (Or at least GAF does.)

If this really is an issue with your local government cracking down on what gets posted here, again, I sympathize - though I'm also with GhostCow on this one. The law errs in favor of which country hosts your servers. If you need to move yourself and/or the servers to maintain the site's identity, we'll fundraise you. Seriously. I'd pitch in some monies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom