Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Encased - isometric post-apocalyptic RPG under the dome

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I was knocked unconscious because of fatigue I think and was unable to fast forward because of danger nearby. I was stuck and had no way of progressing.
quick save nigga

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Sooo fags,what is your argument for fallout being better? Outside of retarded nostalgia.

I dunno maybe because I can tell when something has a unique artistic merit, and when something is slaped together by some nerds who give up with a project 10% in. I can tell when something is written with wit and when its just a fanboy writing fanfiction.

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I was knocked unconscious because of fatigue I think and was unable to fast forward because of danger nearby. I was stuck and had no way of progressing.

Energon.

negro
nigger
lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
this actually taste like shit

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Alright what's up with cars? I fixed the one in the Magellan parking lot, and the owner said it's mine. Then it disappeared. Do I need to find it somewhere, or am I supposed to automatically be using it during travel now? When I move in the Dome it looks like I'm still walking.
No really has anyone else fixed this car? How do I use it?

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Sooo fags,what is your argument for fallout being better? Outside of retarded nostalgia.

No male prostitutes (Sure in Trutograd there are those too but not ONLY MALE ONES) and trannies as companions in fallout Comrade.

Seriously better setting, dialogues and polish in originals I play Encased and have fun doing so but... its looks like they did and polished 1/3 of game and then publishers forced them to quickly make and release the rest of it the Encased gives Commissar the Kotor II vibes.

What I do like in Encased over Atom? Protagonist who is tabula rasa, five wings and any backstory you can think of: want to make Thot Secretary from Silver? You can do it, want to make Straight Cop from Black or croocked one? You can do it, want to make gun nut mechanic, career criminal from oranges or Autist Nerd from Whites All possible or more like to RP someone who forged his credentials, knows no science and is basically grifter from Age of Decadence.

In Trutotgrad you are military officer on intelligence mission, sure you have some options and paths to complete it but its almost like Witcher or Ass Effect... Not much freedom if your protagonist is so fixed.

Trutograd is also much better polished played the version 0.9 and there only very finale felt barren, here in Encased high point is Magellan station which is in first 1/3 of game.

Quillon

Arcane
Alright what's up with cars? I fixed the one in the Magellan parking lot, and the owner said it's mine. Then it disappeared. Do I need to find it somewhere, or am I supposed to automatically be using it during travel now? When I move in the Dome it looks like I'm still walking.

I beelined to and fixed the train like thingy Ursula, used it for some time; when I exit maps it gives options to walk, use ursula and vehicle(a car I assume), I haven't selected vehicle since I don't have one but why didn't I have one? I encountered a lot of cars so far and the mechanic to use it on the world map is there.

Also didn't someone say we can customize Ursula as a mobile homebase, add/remove wagons etc? I haven't even seen any option to load back in to Ursula since I recovered it. Also no idea if the huge ass thing is using any fuel when travelling. Just asking tho, I have no desire to get back in the game and try it even if there are the said features.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
:what:

I found out that stack of Energon and Airplane disappeared from my inventory lmao (I thought I left them in my crate and somehow didn't remember that but no ahaha).
Went back to persistent saves - at some point they are there, at some - not.
Ahahaha.
I don't know what to say - is it bug? Were they stolen? Like WTF...

https://steamcommunity.com/app/921800/discussions/0/3040481812830994534/ lmao ahaha

Like, I want to play this game, but this particular bug could make quest fail, if quest item will vanish.
I think, I at least will wait till they fix this particular bug.
I'm not going to trace every quest item, or every important non-quest item like meds, food, relics etc, because game has a lot of them.
So sad.

P.S. My conclusion so far - nashvile prologue was fun, had good tension, dynamics, mistery. Combat not that easy if you not playing with combat build - what's the point to do that anyway? it's not Underrail, so better focus on build that allow to grab more content. Then this build has enough difficulty in figths to make combat more attractive, where you need to think at least a bit. I went with 1 Str/Body 10 Perception/Mind/Fortune/Psy 6 Cha 2 Dex. Ran from rats in bunker at lvl 9 lol.

P.S.S. Fix your damn game!

Last edited:

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Okay nevermind. I reloaded that section and the guy says "take it" when I fix the car, but he's referring to some medkits.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Nothing much will compare to CS once it releases. It already blows most crpgs out of the water from just a EA title, so theres that.

Underrail: Infusion is another title you should definitely be hyped for.

BG3? eh. Encased does seem to be a fun playthrough. I am still waiting to start. Perhaps a few months down the line for patches.. not decided yet.

cpmartins

Cipher
:what:

I found out that stack of Energon and Airplane disappeared from my inventory lmao (I thought I left them in my crate and somehow didn't remember that but no ahaha).
Went back to persistent saves - at some point they are there, at some - not.
Ahahaha.
I don't know what to say - is it bug? Were they stolen? Like WTF...

https://steamcommunity.com/app/921800/discussions/0/3040481812830994534/ lmao ahaha

Like, I want to play this game, but this particular bug could make quest fail, if quest item will vanish.
I think, I at least will wait till they fix this particular bug.
I'm not going to trace every quest item, or every important non-quest item like meds, food, relics etc, because game has a lot of them.
So sad.

P.S. My conclusion so far - nashvile prologue was fun, had good tension, dynamics, mistery. Combat not that easy if you not playing with combat build - what's the point to do that anyway? it's not Underrail, so better focus on build that allow to grab more content. Then this build has enough difficulty in figths to make combat more attractive, where you need to think at least a bit. I went with 1 Str/Body 10 Perception/Mind/Fortune/Psy 6 Cha 2 Dex. Ran from rats in bunker at lvl 9 lol.

P.S.S. Fix your damn game!
Happened to me too, in the prologue. I stored all my shit on that "personal box" on Roadside Picnic with the "store all" function and my scanner disappeared. I only noticed the thing was gone when I was inside Nashville, so naturally I had to reload a save from 3 hours before.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
OK, so... I have read recent comments at rutracker... turned out, all playble good content that exist in game was in game already in first EA build - I mean prologue and first act with Magellan.
How long game was in EA? One and half year? For that time game only add those huge absolutely empty areas with 1-2 npcs and that's all.

It all looks like at some point game development simply almost completely stopped. Devs did absolute minimum to qualify game as complete - added a few barebone locations, handful of npc and that's all.
I think, that chances they they will ever complete the game - and fix bugs - are zeros at that point.
It all looks like at first it was honest, sincere game development, but then something - probably financial problems - happened and it turned into - we need to sell what we already done and pay off the debts.
Well...

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The purpose is combat. As long as there is combat to be had, the purpose remains.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
No male prostitutes (Sure in Trutograd there are those too but not ONLY MALE ONES) and trannies as companions in fallout Comrade.
Do you mean this fag?
qIenzW0.png

I see it as an added bonus,such faggots exist in real life,the problem is when they don't let you "play" with them and protect them. I like me "playing" with them :)

Also fallout also had faggots,but they were not in your face as modern garbage games.

What I do like in Encased over Atom
I do like both games more than fallout,it clear evolution for sure. There is an argument to be had which game have better things compared to the other one,for sure. Encased setting for sure more unique and interesting than fallout one.

jackofshadows

Magister
Do I seriously have to wait for CS to release to play a good RPG? I wait for releases for years and, one after another, they keep turning out to be shit. The itemization is fucking horrid, running from container to container, finding miniscule amounts of worthless junk is incredibly frustrating and detracts from what could otherwise be moderately enjoyable, whoever thought it would be fun to have every insignificant scrub be named because, I dunno, it would make it easier to navigate massive maps and find actually entertaining content should be strung up, combat is easy as shit, intriguing set up for a story fizzles out into menial fetch quests.
:rpgcodex:

If CS doesn't deliver then I'm officially done with RPG:s.
CS is head and shoulders above this or ATOM TG already so don't worry.
Pretty much on the same level as encased and atom. Don't be a tryhard shitlord.
They're simply not. Encased is the embodiment of "wide as an ocean, deep as a puddle" while CS is basically the opposite. TG is another case, I'll write my impressions later but it's much closer to Encased in that comparison.

Also you don't seem to care about mechanics and difficulty in RPGs so I guess they're on the same level to you. To me, Encased and TG are so piss easy to the point it's not clear why even bother with all that combat elements. While CS is a proper RPG where you have to pay attention in order to play, to PLAY it, to play with its mechanics.
Let's see...

- lack of retarded survival system no one has asked for
- a charismatic villain and two decent (by local standarts) end-game dungeons vs no boss and tiny pathetic dungeon
- a decent loot system vs Encased's insanity
- consistency, a clear vision behind it

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
- a charismatic villain and two decent (by local standarts) end-game dungeons vs no boss and tiny pathetic dungeon
Yeah,you are just lying,go fuck yourself,tired of all those old faggots glorifying some mediocre game made 25 years ago and larping as people that enjoy games lol.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah,you are just lying,go fuck yourself,tired of all those old faggots glorifying some mediocre game made 25 years ago and larping as people that enjoy games lol.
He's not lying about fallout.

jackofshadows

Magister
You're pathetic.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
He's not lying about fallout.
Surviving shit,sure it is redundant but not a problem.

Decent loot lol,it is identical,tho fallout have a lot worst inventory. And a lot worst combat and companions. right click,eyeshot,crit ,clearly a 10/10 combat lol.

for the endboss,have no idea haven't got to him.

Consistency and a clear vision lol,yeah a bunch of nerds got drunk and filled a game with shitty pop reference after night of "imagine if ". The world is cool and original for its time,credit where credit is due,it inspired a lot of people to make their own. Still atom have a more realistic setting,while encased have more original one.

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
CBF reading 20 pages.

I can't speak russian either to check on Steam.
Has anyone else got the bug for the main fucking quest where you can't restart the nuclear generator.
You have to turn power options on then flick a switch etc, then replace a fuse.

I looked up a guide and did the shit, but it's still broken, get stuck from a 'zap from the machine' , needs to be re-calibrated constantly.

Apart from stealth being completely and utterly retardedly op game is pretty fun.

Trithne

Erudite
CBF reading 20 pages.

I can't speak russian either to check on Steam.
Has anyone else got the bug for the main fucking quest where you can't restart the nuclear generator.
You have to turn power options on then flick a switch etc, then replace a fuse.

I looked up a guide and did the shit, but it's still broken, get stuck from a 'zap from the machine' , needs to be re-calibrated constantly.

Apart from stealth being completely and utterly retardedly op game is pretty fun.

Turn all the random shit off, then turn on the first generator, then the cooling system, then the second generator. Then you can flip the levers, the second one won't work and the Blue will give you a fuse to replace on the lower level.

If you're doing all that correctly and it doesn't work, then idk - No-one in this thread has mentioned it before you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom