Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Gamedec - Definitive Edition - cyberpunk detective RPG set in virtual worlds

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://af.gog.com/game/gamedec?as=1649904300

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...berpunk-rpg-set-in-xxii-century/posts/3300132

Gamedec Launch Day Update! Share the word, join us on the Live Stream!

Hi There,
The time has finally come.

Starting today, you have the incredible opportunity to see with your own eyes the project we've been working on for the last couple of years.

35a93f7660f5219bb2eac1b196fac3f0_original.png

Remember? March 26th, 2020 – Our Kickstarter Story began with the hope that you – our beloved community, will support our dream to create an RPG based on the novels of Marcin Sergiusz Przybyłek AKA The Autor. You've managed to raise the project to its initial goal in less than 36h (which resulted in a huge party and PR guy who had to shave his head because of the bet )

We all know it's thanks to YOU – our Kickstarter Backers. You helped us several times – during the campaign itself by literally backing our project and giving your support. Then, with the reports and feedbacks about the backers build beta (first one – T&P case, and second – Low City). Thanks to your remarks, we shaped the project to the state it is today.

Not to mention all the opinions about our ideas (mostly positive and sometimes negative - we're grateful for both!)

And now all is left for you is to explore the wide variety of virtualias and the realium, solving your cases and making your own story as Gamedec.

645182662ca650957182d39ac0204df8_original.png

You should already have your keys to the game's final release on your Backerkit Pages, so go to gamedec.backerkit.comto recall it back and check your digital rewards – The Exclusive Torkil Aymore Skin and the Digital Artbook (if applicable).

Go there, take your STEAM/GOG Key, and have fun.

We want to ask you for a favor - Spread the good word about Gamedec! We want to get the word out about our launch to as many people as possible, and we want YOUR voices to get the word out.

Share screenshots, gameplay, stream, create content for Youtube and other social networks - also, share our Launch Trailer, information about the premiere today, and if you want - Give us some love!

We also want to remind you that the physical rewards will be delayed slightly due to the problem with artbooks we're sorting out right now – expect some additional posts on that matter later in the month.

Final thing – Gamedec Launch Party Stream!
b6a8be1ccbd53f9de43c006b69691aca_original.jpg

Join us celebrating the Gamedec release!

Today , September 16th, at 9:00 AM PT/16:00 GMT on our Twitch: https://twitch.tv/ansharstudios

We'll be making some playthroughs (with different styles, four hosts! )

The Dev Team will attend to talk about the backstage of the game production. But tech talks are just one item on the agenda - above all, we'll be celebrating the release with gameplays, Q&A's, and giveaways! So... Join us if you want!

That's it for today – For the Last time before the Launch – THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR HEARTS!

Team Gamedec.

Last edited by a moderator:
Codex Year of the Donut
Hello, Infinitron !
It appears you have once again accidentally placed a game without combat into the RPG subforum, Woops! Do not fret, it happens to all of us. Please take this time to correct your mistake and move it to the appropriate forum for its intended genre.
Thank you for keeping the codex well curated.

bionicman

Liturgist
Infinitron: What can change the nature of an RPG?

--------------------------------------------------------------

1. Lie: "I don't know..."
2. Lie: "The publisher!"
3. Lie: "The developer!"
4. Lie: "The player!"
5. Lie: "Todd Howard!"
6. Lie: "AAA games!"
7. Lie: "Indie games!"
8. Truth: "You, Infinitron. As you present CYOAs as RPGs in the News section of the Codex."

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Gamedec is a single-player cyberpunk isometric RPG. You are a game detective, who solves crimes inside virtual worlds. Use your wits to gather info from your witnesses and suspects, getting to the bottom of deceptive schemes. The game continually adapts to your decisions and never judges.

big red flag right here, laddies... Makes me feel like there are no negative choices for your actions and completely botching shit is just fine. I already thought the demo was rather boring, will probably pass on this unless codex reviews are super positive where I'll wait for the game to go on a deep discount.

Gradenmayer

Learned
Long story short, this is a game without combat that was apparently written by an established novelist.

Text is not very evocative, most of it just tells you what is what, without much personality behind it. But on the plus side It doesn't make a rookie mistake of overdescribing every little thing.

The dialogue window is a huge miss: semitransparent dark blue text window, with a light blue-ish font color is a really weird design decision. Just make the text fucking white with black shadow around.
Another weird thing- one window only employs like 2 sentences to, you have to constantly click 'continue'. Maybe put that giant-ass text window to use and write out more shit?

Another issue is the 'continue' text button, it's too small and forces you to constantly reach to keyboard, cause clicking it with a mouse is a drag.

Portraits should have been cut off or scaled down so they don't go below text field, but they decided to make them take over 4th of the screen. It's a nitpick, but I find it very distracting.

Not a lot of mechanical depth- you pick options and get points, that let you open a perk, that lets you pick more options.

It looks great though, one of the rare 3d isometric games that doesn't look like shit. Respect to their art team.

Can't rate the story yet, will update once I beat it.

P.S: go into settings and instantly scale text to 130%<

Last edited:

Gradenmayer

Learned
Text sucks, because this was written in Polish and translated to English down the line. Translator is not a good wordsmith to say the least.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
so should we get this or is it not good? the pc gamer review score is brutal

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

I am well aware of us Slavs often bragging how we are all so based while in reality the corruption has started to rot away our societies too.

It was a nice dream of East Europeans devs holding the line against wokeness only to that dream to turn into nightmare with Cyberpunk, Pathfinder and other games.

Last edited:

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Character pronoun thing is limited only to male and female. Looks like they want to alienate both normal people and SJWs.

In games with portrait selection like BG2 you could've assigned a mismatched portrait and character's sex. They could've just went with "sex: male/female" and not "pronouns: he/him / she/her".

Hellion

Arcane
"Selecting pronouns" affects how the game addresses you in dialogues. It makes sense within the context of the game world, where people can buy character skins and appear in-game as whatever they want, be it man or woman or robot or horse.

Codex Year of the Donut
"Selecting pronouns" affects how the game addresses you in dialogues. It makes sense within the context of the game world, where people can buy character skins and appear in-game as whatever they want, be it man or woman or robot or horse.
If only there was a way to determine which pronouns to use based on physical characteristics. Damn.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It is dystopian cyberpunk, so I guess it would be part of the future.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
If only there was a way to determine which pronouns to use based on physical characteristics. Damn.

How do you guys never get bored of having this same discussion every day?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom