Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Amiga, Commodore and creativity

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Damn, another my look-alike. Fucking doppelgangers. Probably something is wrong with this universe, or just these old pair of eyes of mine.
:lol:

index.php

Arcane
https://www.indieretronews.com/2021/07/lionheart-hot-news-as-one-of-finest.html
Lionheart - HOT NEWS as one of the finest Amiga platformers gets a PC(Java) Remake

Here is one of the finest games ever released on an Amiga, a game that doesn't just have great reviews but is still being sold for a very high price on Ebay. It's Lionheart by Thalion Software, the same developers behind the incredible RPG Ambermoon. Lionheart is a 1993 platformer and features some of the best graphics and gameplay ever seen on an Amiga; a highly regarded platformer on a retro system, that has now been released as a full PC remake of which you can download below.

The details and game play are of very high standard which brings back those memories to the classic game released way back in 1993 by Thalion Software with art design by Henk Neiborg; a game which had your character traversing beautiful levels, jumping platforms and killing bad guys, it was so popular that it received some great reviews in several magazines. As for what is contained within the remake developed by Dj.Thunder(Byron 3D Games Studio) that does require java, it is 99.9% close to the original with the finest Rasterbar effects and boss behaviours.

General features
Target

• Uses the LionEngine
  • Requires Java 8
  • Multiplatform (tested on Windows, Linux, Android)
  • Need at least 32MB of RAM
  • Need at least 6MB of free disk space
Background
Introduction, Menu, Credits

• 2.5D scrolling with 96 parallax lines
  • Up to 256+ colors using raster bar effect
  • Water distortion effect
  • 9 distinct themes (Swamp, Spidercave, Ancient Town, Lava, Secret Cave, Airship, Dragon Fly, Tower, Norka)
  • 14 unique levels
  • Original Amiga Sonic Arranger music format
Gameplay
  • 4 directional movements (left-right-jump-crouch)
  • 7 distinct attacks (horizontal, vertical, turning, on ground, jumping, sliding, falling)
  • Customizable keys
  • Movement feeling depends on were you are on the map (slides, slopes...)
  • Many monsters & items per levels
  • 4 sword's levels (increasing damages)
  • Health up to 8 (hurt count before death)
  • Talisments up to 99 (which increases the maximum health)
  • Lifes up to 99 (number of death before game over)
  • 1 hidden item for alternative ending
  • 4 Big Boss
Special
  • Level editor

Links :1) Discussion 2) Download(Bottom of Page) or (Direct Download) Also working on Android (with the original Sonic Arranger player) 3) Website

Luzur

Good Sir
Athanor 2 - The Legend Of The Birdmen - A new Adventure game is coming soon to Amiga

Thanks to a heads up by one of our readers AGamerandHisJack, we have just been informed that not only is Athanor 2 - The Legend of the Birdmen still coming to the Amiga hopefully soon, but without the heads up, we would have not known the game had been teased again with a Pre-Release Video dating back to May of this year. For those who of you who haven't heard of this game before, it is being programmed in C and is the sequel to the 2015-2016 game 'Athanor' which was also released on the Amstrad CPC, ORIC and yes even the C64.

here ). Athanor 2 will not only feature a typical 80's style North, South, East command interface of adventure games of old, but from what we can tell unlike the first game, will also feature full mouse control, enriched dialogues, different phases of gameplay, and much much more listed below. So yes certainly a game that's sure to be a huge hit with the Amiga owners when it gets an eventual release.

Main Specs :

• An Adventure game for the the 16/32 bits machines (Atari ST/Amiga) by SafarGames.fr
  • Programmed in C, targeting OCS Amigas (1MB of ram on the A500 (either 1MB of full CHIP or 512 KB CHIP + 512 KB SLOW/FAST RAM )
  • Game created by Eric Safar, including the story & ST version.
  • Original graphics designed by Angel Bautista.
  • Graphics colorization and Amiga adaptation by Astrofra
  • Additional graphics colorization by Vincent Jambut.
Game Details :
  • - 4 worlds to explore
  • - A lot of music
  • - Couples of characters
  • - Dialogues and objects to find
  • - Puzzles

Links :1) Forum 2) Website

Luzur

Good Sir
Creeping Me Out Hex Night - An upcoming Amiga platformer by Mixel gets a BIG Demo (A1200 and higher recommended)

If you loved playing games such as The Addams Family on the Amiga, then you might like this latest news update, as thanks to both Per Ola and Saberman contacting us on Sunday, we were told you can download the latest demo of Mixel's upcoming Amiga platformer of 'Creeping Me Out : Hex Night. A Scorpion Engine created Action/Adventure/Platformer that doesn't just feature complex levels, but a story, enemies and dangerous traps to keep you company.

According to the creator, Creeping Me Out Hex Night will not only have hints of Turrican and a bit of Castlevania, but will also feel like an Addams Family game containing more story elements than the average Amiga action platformer. For those of you wanting to give the game a go, the developer recently released a BIG demo, which features lots of gameplay to be had as a teaser to the full version due at some point in 2022.

Links :1) Source A1200/20 with some fast ram recommended!

Super Delivery Boy - NeesoGames upcoming Amiga platformer gets a new demo, and Winter 2021 release date

An early morning heads up from us at Indie Retro News, as if you've been following all the news updates regarding NeesoGames upcoming Amiga platformer of Super Delivery Boy, then we've just been contacted by Per Ola, that as of today you can download a new and final demo for the game. To coincide with this news, the developer has also announced the expected release date should be somewhere around winter 2021 and a boxed edition is planned thanks to APC&TCP, AmigaFuture's publisher.
Source 2) Video

Blood - Another classic MS-DOS FPS making its way to powerful Amiga

Another great heads up by Solo Kazuki is the MS-DOS first person shooter ' Blood ', is being ported over to the Commodore Amiga by BSzili. Originally developed by Monolith Productions and published by GT Interactive back in 1997. Blood is a game that features an abundance of graphic violence, such as enemies being blown to pieces, bloody gibblets being splattered across the screen, the screams of enemies on fire, and much much more which makes it an integral part of the violent atmosphere of Blood.

Currently this Amiga build is in a work in progress state and so far it is only being tested as a closed beta. But according to Solo who sent us the email about this version of Blood, The game currently requires at least a 68060, and recommendations of 80mhz and 32mb of ram, but further developments may mean those harsh requirements will be lowered when it does get an eventual release. Although don't expect the game to run on a stock A500 or A1200!

Luzur

Good Sir
Dark Angel - HOT AMIGA NEWS as the full version of Dark Angel is found and released!

Another HOT news story for all you fine Indie Retro News readers, as if you've ever played Another World or Flashback, then we've just been told you can now download the complete version of the Commodore Amiga game 'Dark Angel'; A game that was written using AMOS, released by Archoas Software back in 1995 as a PD game, and going by many in the community the only version they've ever been able to play is the demo... Well at least until now anyway!

EAB 2) Download ADF / Download HDF 3) HOL

Luzur

Good Sir
Another World to the C64 gets another short tease (Bug fix video)

Another World also known as Out Of This World was released across more than a dozen platforms since its 1991 debut, attaining a cult status among critics and sophisticated gamers alike for its cinematic effects in graphics, sound and cut scenes. Well after the previous big announcement of the game coming to the C64 with a teaser video not long after, we are pleased to tell you, that as of today Eric Majikeyric has shown off another short video for Another World C64!

link)

Just as we said before it is still early days for this game, and we are unlikely to see it ported over any time soon, but rest assured every time Eric Majikeyric does a video however short, we will try our best to get it up on Indie Retro News. So yes certainly one to keep an eye as developments progress for the C64, as Another World really is a cult classic!

Luzur

Good Sir
Lost Realms of Murkasada Episode 1 - The first episode in the run up to the C64 game Crimson Twilight by Arkanix Labs

A rather surprising release today as it's the first episode of a series of companion games up until Crimson Twilight gets a release, is the first episode of a C64 game called 'Lost Realms Murkasada' by Arkanix Labs. This game available completely free through the CSdb site, is a short albeit enjoyable game, which can be completed in an evening as a companion adventure/rpg-lite using the world of their CRPG Crimson Twilight.

Discussion 2) Source 3) Download

Luzur

Good Sir
A Pig Quest - Awesome looking C64 game by Antonio Savona and team gets new screenshots

We've posted a lot of C64 games on Indie Retro News , and some of them we regard as highly recommended in anyone's collection, Sam's Journey and L'abbaye des morts are just some of the great examples. Well one game I'm really excited for and I think many will agree with me, is this fabulous looking C64 platformer called 'A Pig Quest'; an upcoming game published via RGCD which has yet again been teased with even more screenshots that can be viewed below.

As we said before, although it is still early days for this game which is being created by Antonio Savona, Mauricet, Aldo Chiummo and Gaetano Chiummo, A Pig Quest looks to be an incredible action platformer with multiple levels and feature fabulous artwork, gorgeous C64 details, a brilliant soundtrack, plenty of levels, collectable items, and dangerous foes to battle against such as bats. So yes certainly a game worth keeping an eye on, but lets just hope many of us get to play it in the near future!

Luzur

Good Sir
Worron - Unreleased Firebird C64 game available and fixed after 34 years!

For those of you following the news back in 2015, GTW had announced that Firebird's Worron was recovered after 30 years, although not finished, it was a C64 game that was originally developed by Richard Paynter as a sort of top down challenge based Arcade game. Well fast forward to May just gone, and as a surprise to the C64 community, Richard Paynter got in touch with Games That Weren't, that he had finally fixed and upgraded his game of 'Worron'; A game you can download today and see what you were missing out on all those years ago.

According to Games That Weren't, it was found that Worron wasn’t quite finished in places and there were a number of issues which made it impossible to complete without cheats enabled. It was something that bothered Richard for a few years, so this year he decided to decompile and fix it all. Not only has he fixed a lot of the collision and crash issues, but he’s added an introduction picture and a variety of music and sound effects to round off and polish up the game he created when he was just 17 years old.
Links :1) Source

Luzur

Good Sir
Judge Dredd and the House of Death - A big Adventure game is coming to a C64 near you via Atlantis

I don't usually do writing on weekends but at certain times we get news updates that just need to be announced! Well here are with Judge Dredd and the House of Death; an upcoming Adventure game from Atlantis that is not only based on the original 1986 pen and paper game from Diceman issue #1, but it will be a choose your own Adventure game based on your decisions that will be released this Summer 2021 fitting on two disk sides!

Furthermore if that wasn't enough to get you excited, there will be over 50 screens of dreadful pixels, feature an original SID music score, load crazy fast on original hardware, have battle sequences set in an RPG style, include Easter eggs, coded by Qzer0w, graphics by Lobo, Music by Divertigo, loader by Krill and much much more as game you'll not want to miss out on when it gets a release this Summer

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut

As much as I love the concept of bringing back a full sized Amiga, I think the prestigious Amiga outside of the actual article itself is the Raspberry Pi 400 for Amiga emulation. I just can't see buying a tiny looking Amiga without a keyboard (I'm sure you can USB one on, but still). I actually set up the Pi 400 Amiga and it's really nice. I may buy one of these anyhow to encourage further effort towards an Amiga Maxi or such, but still.

Luzur

Good Sir

As much as I love the concept of bringing back a full sized Amiga, I think the prestigious Amiga outside of the actual article itself is the Raspberry Pi 400 for Amiga emulation. I just can't see buying a tiny looking Amiga without a keyboard (I'm sure you can USB one on, but still). I actually set up the Pi 400 Amiga and it's really nice. I may buy one of these anyhow to encourage further effort towards an Amiga Maxi or such, but still.

There is apparently an Amiga Maxi in the plannings, IIRC the talks on their forums

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I was going "Cool" until I saw the bird-like things flying in-game. Their flight-animation is done by the same guy who draws all those fake swastikas at hate-crime scenes. You know, the ones who aren't real swastikas?

And while it looks and sounds decent (for an Amstrad-game) it has terrible level design.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
As cool looking, and I'm sure technically amazing as that is, what's the point of doing all that work to make a game that's looks like a fairly generic side-scrolling shooter? Even back during the Amstrad's highlife I might be inclined to think that game is generic.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
As cool looking, and I'm sure technically amazing as that is, what's the point of doing all that work to make a game that's looks like a fairly generic side-scrolling shooter? Even back during the Amstrad's highlife I might be inclined to think that game is generic.

Compare that to "The Abduction of Oscar Z" and "Pinball Dreams", both which push the Amstrad to its extremes, hardware-wise.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom