Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of warcraft: Shadowlands announced

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Good to see wow mature into a game that better reflects it's sophisticated audience.

Daithos

Literate
World of Warcraft has been saved! Why aren't you playing now that they've fixed it?

y4AmLnQ.png
The irony being none of them have sacks.
I have never wished for a gaming company to go under before, especially one that has played such a huge role in my gaming life, but the empty platitudes and pearl clutching is beyond insufferable over all this nonsense should hopefully put it into a death spiral. When WoW alone has so many more problems than this banal crap with it being given priority, yeah it's time to take to take the company out behind the shed.

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
Have they changed the insane title/achievement yet? That will make some panties get really twisted

Codex Year of the Donut
Outside of censorship, the new painting itself deserves its own critiques.
1. Generic digital art style, it no longer looks like the same medium was used. The original artist understood that it was meant to look like it was done in a traditional medium.
2. The emotions portrayed by the painting have changed. In the original, she's smug, she's looking down on you.

New one looks like something they paid a chinese person $5 on fiverr for.

J1M

Arcane
Outside of censorship, the new painting itself deserves its own critiques.
1. Generic digital art style, it no longer looks like the same medium was used. The original artist understood that it was meant to look like it was done in a traditional medium.
2. The emotions portrayed by the painting have changed. In the original, she's smug, she's looking down on you.

New one looks like something they paid a chinese person $5 on fiverr for.
The reason it looks nothing alike is because that is 100% a self-portrait of an SJW that attended CalArts.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Every time I think about subbing to play Classic TBC (and later Wrath) I realize I would mostly be doing it for the fishing dailies.

Caim

Arcane
Tried to translate the name, closest I got was that Jiang mayb be the historical name of the Wei River, which is one of the Yellow River's tributaries. So instead of turning his name into something dirty in Chinese it's the name of a dirty Chinese river.

Dexter

Arcane
https://www.mawwalker.com/2021/07/28/references-to-alex-afrasiabi-removed-in-world-of-warcraft/
  • Fras Siabi’s Axe from Dire Maul is now Grimm’s Cigar Cutter;
  • All Fras Siabi references in Stratholme, both the dungeon and pet challenge, now direct to Ezra Grimm – Such as the mini-boss Ezra Grimm, The Great Ezra Grimm quest and Ezra Grimm’s Advertisement;
  • All Furor items have been renamed – Foror’s Compendium of Dragon Slaying is now Nostro’s Compendium of Dragon Slaying. The Autographed Picture of Foror and Tigule now only features Tigule, a reference to Jeff Kaplan.
  • Field Marshal Afrasiabi in Stormwind has been replaced by Field Marshal Stonebridge;
  • Lord Afrastrasz at Wyrmrest Temple is now Lord Devrestrasz;
  • Pathstalker Kariel in Eversong Woods is now Pathstalker Avokor;
  • Shard of Afrasa is now Shard of the Splithooves;
https://www.wowhead.com/news/spit-emote-removed-on-burning-crusade-classic-ptr-323613
https://www.wowhead.com/news/negati...ed-several-emotes-added-in-patch-9-1-5-324365
10QltFH.png

https://www.wowhead.com/news/female-only-ghosts-in-karazhan-updated-to-include-male-versions-324371
Along with the addition and removal of several emotes, today's Patch 9.1.5 PTR build includes more changes to older parts of the game, this time targeting trash mobs inside the original Burning Crusade version of Karazhan. Several undead enemies which previously only had female models have been updated to include male versions, with new or gender neutral names.
VYKPnnX.png

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/n...tion-of-creative-content-in-world-of-warcraft
The Evolution of Creative Content in World of Warcraft
September 30, 2021 by Blizzard Entertainment

Over the last few weeks, artists and writers across the WoW team have updated a small number of old quests, art assets, names, and dialogue that we identified as outdated and inconsistent with our values as a team. These updates are a relatively small part of a comprehensive, company-wide effort to improve the WoW team and Blizzard as a whole, but they’re important to us as developers.

In early August, we set up internal channels where the WoW team could share feedback on content that doesn't represent who we are as a team today. During this time, we also gathered a great deal of feedback from players on practically every aspect of the game. The player feedback influenced many gameplay improvements we’re working on for patch 9.1.5, and our internal feedback identified some in-game content that is inconsistent with our goal of building an inclusive and welcoming game world.

In a game that has thousands of art elements and a word count in the millions, we recognize that these updates will amount to very few total changes overall. Nonetheless, we believe these changes are worthwhile. World of Warcraft is meant to evolve over time, and every day, new players from every walk of life and every corner of the world experience our in-game content for the very first time. As a team, we want the world they see to stand as an expression of our talents and principles.

Goofy jokes and occasional mature innuendos are part of WoW, and probably always will be. Still, we want to remain mindful of whether certain elements of that world are welcoming to all players. In short, we want our jokes to be inclusive and not punch down.

Occasionally, when determining whether to adjust content, there can be circumstances that further complicate our decision-making. For example, some of the art that populates our world is often re-used throughout the game. To be certain that we don’t have any instances in which this art appears in a way that is not respectful, in some cases, we might opt to replace specific elements entirely. It’s important to us that we ensure Azeroth is the best place it can be for everyone, and we will continue to improve our processes when it comes to this kind of decision-making.

We also want players to be able to express themselves through their characters, so we don’t intend to change existing player looks or cosmetics. Instead, we want to ensure that we're offering a wide range of options for players to represent themselves. This work is ongoing alongside our development of new content and features. You’re going to see more of it soon in 9.1.5, and in updates to come—and where applicable, in WoW Classic as well. An example of a post-9.1.5 improvement is the creation of an incubus demon, which we can add to places where succubus models currently appear. We're also planning to make the incubus a glyphable option for Warlocks when they summon that classification of demon.

As WoW continues to evolve and grow, we’ll keep discussing, reviewing, and acting on this kind of feedback. As always, we’re immeasurably grateful for your input, and we hope you keep it coming.

-- The World of Warcraft Team

UBCgMGJ.jpg

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
Wonder how many NPCs they've renamed that were the ones dedicated for devs/players who died without realizing it. Because I'm aware of at least a few of them existing.

Dexter

Arcane
https://www.wowhead.com/news/refere...r-removed-throughout-world-of-warcraft-324389
References and Innuendos Changed or Removed Throughout World of Warcraft
posted 3 days ago by Archimtiros

While a PTR usually focuses on new content, Patch 9.1.5 testing has been the subject of widespread attention after revealing changes to some very old and sometimes obscure parts of the game. Following Blizzard's statement on updating references within World of Warcraft, which called the updates part of a company-wide effort to update parts of the game which were outdated and inconsistent with their values, we took a deeper look at the PTR to find out what else has changed throughout the game.

Goofy jokes and occasional mature innuendos are part of WoW, and probably always will be. Still, we want to remain mindful of whether certain elements of that world are welcoming to all players. In short, we want our jokes to be inclusive and not punch down.
Table of Contents
Den of Mortal Delights - Black Temple (Burning Crusade)
Players were quick to check out the Black Temple's Den of Mortal Delights after our report that Karazhan had been updated to include male versions of many mob types, finding many of the same changes present inside Illidan's fortress on Outland. On live servers, the harem is almost entirely populated by female courtesans and concubines, but many of these now include male versions and several of the NPCs have been renamed to appear somewhat less licentious. While changes do not eradicate the theme entirely, it does change the atmosphere - no longer are the women all working courtesans enthralling the few men found within the area.
Some of the demons located within the Den and on the way to Mother Shaahraz have also been renamed, though rather than aiming for inclusivity, the changes appear to be for the sake of consistency - now referring to all Succubus as Priestess and the Shivara as Mistress.

Clark the Paladin also shared a video on the forums clearing through the Den on the PTR, in which you can see many of the adjusted mobs.

Sons of Hodir - The Storm Peaks (Wrath of the Lich King)
Unlike the Black Temple or Karazhan, the all-male faction of Ice isn't being made more diverse by replacing the quartermaster with a female or being renamed to the Sons and Daughters of Hodir, but many of the quests that players may remember grinding day in and out to unlock exalted shoulder enchants have been renamed to avoid various sexual innuendos. Turns out, the Sons of Hodir have a pretty bawdy sense of humor!
Eredath - Argus (Legion)
It should come as no surprise that several item, quest, and NPC references across Argus have been changed, following the renaming of the Draenei capital Mac'Aree to Eredath in order to disassociate from former employee Jesse McCree.
Other References and Innuendos
While they don't fall into the common sections outlined above, we've found several other individual item, quest, and NPC references which have been changed across the game. While some of these are expected changes which remove references to former employees, others adjust innuendos along the same lines as the Big Love Rocket being renamed X-45 Heartbreaker.
Quests

The quest dialogue for A Case of Crabs has similarly been changed.
Items
NPCs

https://www.wowhead.com/news/sugges...irt-voice-lines-removed-in-patch-9-1-5-324416
Suggestive Player Character Joke and Flirt Voice Lines Removed in Patch 9.1.5
posted 6 hr 45 min ago by Archimtiros
Several player character jokes and flirts have been removed from the game in the patch 9.1.5 PTR, as part of Blizzard's ongoing company-wide effort to update parts of the game which are considered outdated and inconsistent with their values. In addition to player voice lines, the profanity laced tirade heard by repeatedly clicking on King Ymiron after being "recruited" to join the Warrior Order Hall in Legion has also been removed.

Each player character in World of Warcraft has a set of fully voiced emotes which are randomly selected when using the /joke or /flirt command, many of which are suggestive or play on various stereotypes, though like the Big Love Rocket and various other innuendos, these are being changed in Patch 9.1.5 based on internal developer feedback within Blizzard Entertainment. Not everything is a removal however, as Karazhan and the Black Temple have both seen the addition of male models to what were previously female-only NPCs.
Table of Contents
Jokes and Flirts Removed From Player Characters
In order to better show which lines were removed from each race in total, we've combined the two lists, with jokes written in blue and flirts in pink. As seen below, the extent of the changes vary between race and gender, leaving some characters with as little as two voice lines to cycle between, though we do not yet know if any additions will be made to replace those removed. A full list of jokes and flirts in the live version of the game can be found following the links, but are too expansive to list here.
Blood Elf Male
  • Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me?
Blood Elf Female
  • So I went to this troll spa the other day and I wound up with dreadlocks and a frigging bone in my nose! I mean come on! Who PAYS for that?
  • So you mean I'm stuck with this hair color?!
  • Is that a mana wyrm in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?
  • Normally, I only ride on epic mounts... But, let's talk.
Blood Elf Demon Hunter Male
  • Are you sure you're not part-demon? I find myself wanting to stalk you.
  • I hope you like tattoos, because they're permanent. If you don't believe me, you could try rubbing them off.
Blood Elf Demon Hunter Female
  • Of course these are real. You...mean the tattoos, right?
Dark Iron Dwarf Male
  • Interested in joining the mile deep club?
Draenei Male
  • When we arrived here I lost many jewels that had been in my family for generations. If you could get your hands on my family jewels I would be deeply appreciative.
  • Would you be offended if I said that you had a beautiful transgoto? The other one, that's not bad either.
Draenei Female
  • Yes, they are real, and they can cut glass.
  • I want you to *lick and splat* my *gurgling noises* *slurping noises*
Dwarf Male
  • Oh, I'm having a wardrobe malfunction! ('twang') Ooo, there's me hammer.
  • You look pretty, I like your hair, here's a drink... Are you ready now?
  • I must be asleep, 'cause you are a dream come true. Also, I'm slightly damp.
Dwarf Female
  • No they're not real, but thanks for noticing.
  • It's like my father always used to say: 'Shut up, and get out.'
  • My Uncle has brass balls, no really!
  • I give myself a Dutch oven pedicure every night. I've got no foot fungus at all. My toes are pristine.
  • I'll have you know I can flatten steel with my thighs.
Gnome Male
  • I'd like to give a shout out to my boys in Gnomeregan. Keeping it real Big-T, Snoop-Pup and Little Dees. Y'all are short, but you're real, baby!
Goblin Male
  • Yeah. He told me to tie her up and do whatever I wanted to her... so I took her stereo!
  • Ever rode a rocket before? Mine's huge.
  • I like my women the way I like my fuses: Short, fast and ready to blow.
  • I got what you need. *sound of zipper*
Goblin Female
  • I'm a modern goblin woman. Independent? I still let men do nice things to me. But I stopped giving them any credit.
  • I'm a free spirit. I don't like to be tied down. What? You mean literally? Oh no... totally into that.
  • Out of the way, you nobgoblin!
  • I'm short and good with my hands... how can you resist?
  • Is that your wallet? Or are you just glad to see me? Both I hope!
  • So then, he asked me to go up on him!
Highmountain Tauren Male
  • Trust me... I have experience at exploring deep places.
Highmountain Tauren Female
  • Are you staring at my rack?
  • You don't need to be from the Skyhorn tribe to join the mile high club.
Human Male
  • A guy walked up to me and said 'I'm a teepee, I'm a wigwam, I'm a teepee, I'm a wigwam!' and I said 'Relax man, you're too tense!'
Human Female
  • Why does everyone automatically assume I know tailoring and cooking?
  • I like to fart in the tub.
Lightforged Draenei Female
  • Have you seen Prophet Velen's new dance? He calls it the 'Mac'Areena'!
  • When in doubt... touch anything that glows.
  • Let's go back to my ship and twist our nethers.
  • I admire a soldier who can... remain... at attention.
Mechagnome Male
  • Why yes, I do have a vibrate setting! Why does everyone keep asking?
Mechagnome Female
  • I used to be a ten, but then I upgraded to an eleven.
Nightborne Male
  • Mmmm, I wanna tap that ley line.
Nightborne Female
  • Is that an illusion in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?
  • There's no area denial in this raid.
Night Elf Male
  • I hope you're not afraid of snakes.
Night Elf Female
  • Oh, look, I'm dancing again! (Darkly) I hope all your friends are enjoying the show...
  • Sure, I've got exotic piercings.
Orc Male
  • That armor looks good on you. It would look even better on my floor.
  • Um... You look like a lady.
Orc Female
  • What's estrogen? Can you eat it?
Pandaren Male
  • Yeah, I would tap dat keg.
  • Hey, hot stuff. Want to try breeding in captivity?
  • Nice pants. What's the drop rate?
  • Hey gorgeous. Wanna try crane position? Oh no... For you, monkey style.
Pandaren Female
  • Oh, I've never done THAT before.. Uh... You're not doing it right...
  • Let me show you my kung fu grip.
Tauren Male
  • Homogenized? No way, I like the ladies.
  • I know it seems strange, but I'm practically a cow. So why am I wearing leather?
  • Free rides for the ladies.
  • Y'know, older bulls really only have one function.
Tauren Female
  • One time I laughed so hard I milked all over the floor.
  • I've got big, soulful eyes, long eyelashes and a wet tongue. What more could a guy want?
Troll Male
  • I've got a shrunken head: I just came out of the pool.
  • I heard if you cut off an extremity it'll regenerate a little bigger. Don't believe it.
  • I like my women dumpy and droopy with halitosis.
  • Want some of my jungle love?
Troll Female
  • When enraged, and in heat, a female troll can mate over 80 times in one night. Be you prepared?
Undead Male
  • Once you go dead, you never go back.
Undead Female
  • Yes, they're REAL! They're not mine, but they're real!
  • Us undead girls really know how to have a good time, because after all, what's the worst thing that could happen?
King Ymiron
The former Vrykul king of the Dragonflayer clan was first featured as a boss loyal to the Lich King in Utgarde Pinnacle (Wrath of the Lich King), before returning as a minion of Helya in the Maw of Souls (Legion). Following his second defeat, Warrior players were able to loot Ymiron's Broken Blade, which was then delivered to Odyn in order to "recruit" Ymiron as a Order Hall champion. While Odyn considered the traitorous king unworthy of the Halls of Valor, the quest leads him to be convinced to bind Ymiron's soul, forcing him to serve for the rest of eternity. Later found resurrected inside the Skyhold, repeatedly clicking on Ymiron causes him to become increasingly disgruntled with the player and his fate - the final line being a censored profanity laced tirade, which is now removed in Patch 9.1.5.

Codex Year of the Donut
You can't trip over a rock in WoW without finding a genocide or war atrocity, attempting to sanitize jokes is meta-humor without them even realizing it because all it really leaves is the dark parts. But as modern WoW audience probably doesn't even bother to read quests, I guess it doesn't really matter.

And many of the horrors only happen because you are just following orders. You murder Edwin VanCleef -- a true patriot to his country -- simply because they did not want to pay them for rebuilding Stormwind. You wipe out the rest of the Arakkoa that are left in the Outlands. Forsaken truly live up to their name with far too much to list. And on and on it goes.

also, dragon rape. Lots and lots of dragon rape. Most memorable one is probably the dragon you're riding getting kidnapped and turned into a branded sex slave that you have to kill because she's gone insane from dragon rape. During the fight, she begs you to kill her and put her out of her suffering.

Last edited:

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
https://www.wowhead.com/news/finkle...exual-and-racially-suggestive-dialogue-324490

Pip Quickwit
The gnomish explorer and quest giver Finkle Einhorn has been renamed Pip Quickwit. Originally found trapped inside the stomach of The Beast in Upper Blackrock Spire, the character's previous name was an amalgam of the characters Ray Finkle and Lois Einhorn from the film Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, which Slant Magazine once called The Most Offensive Football Movie Ever Made. Over the course of the movie, the two characters are revealed to be one in the same, in a turn of events which has been widely criticized for transphobic shaming, as Ray/Lois is not only portrayed as sociopathically deviant, but the titular character Ace is also repeatedly shown to be visibly ill after learning their identity.

Along with the name change, various associated item references have been changed accordingly.
Dialogue Changes
Many lines of dialogue and references have been adjusted throughout the game, ranging from simple updates to remove developer references and account for the renaming of Mac'Aree to Eredath, other changes are much more substantial and target sexual or racially suggestive themes. Due to the large number of changes, we've separated them into six rough categories below.
Implied Lack of Consent
A handful of references which imply a lack of consent have been adjusted, several of which concern the NPC Theresa, a human in the Undercity which was experimented on by Gerard Abernathy. Theresa is rumored to be a reference to a seeress in Fable who was blinded by bandits, though in World of Warcraft, she is described as the "pet" of Gerard Abernathy, who brags to nearby NPCs about having removed parts of her brain in order to permanently dominate her. This is also represented in game by her title <Gerard's Mindslave>, which has been changed to <Gerard's Experiment>.

With the new dialogue, she remains in thrall to Gerard, though references to domination, torture, removing parts of her brain, putting a collar on his "pet," and the not-so-subtle suggestion that Gerard repeat the experiment in order to breed humans have all been removed.
  • Didn't I tell you my new domination techniques would work?
  • Didn't I tell you my new technique would work?
  • A little ritual torture can go a long way.
  • A few well-chosen rituals can go a long way.
  • A little torture, a pinch of magic, and an ample helping of invasive surgery. She was conscious, of course.
  • A little torment, a pinch of magic, and an ample helping of discipline, of course.
  • I managed to discover that certain parts of the brain when removed or stimulated will make a subject much more docile.
  • I managed to discover that certain parts of the brain when stimulated will make a subject much more docile.
  • Amazing! How did you manage a permanent dominate?
  • Amazing! How did you manage to maintain control?
  • Astounding. You managed to dominate her, yet she retains self awareness and function. How did you do it?
  • Astounding. She maintains self sufficiency and function. How did you do it?
  • I've never seen anything like it. No concentration or loss of awareness while the subject is dominated. What did you do to her?
  • I've never seen anything like it. No concentration or loss of awareness. What did you do to her?
  • Very nice, Gerard. Next you will be breeding them.
  • Very nice, Gerard.
  • Your pet is wonderful, Gerard, but she needs a collar with a bell I think.
  • Your pet is wonderful, Gerard.
  • Come here, pretty. You have what I need!
  • Come here, pretty!
Greenskins
Several uses of the term "greenskin" as a disparaging remark for Orcs due to the color of their skin is being changed or removed, and while this would appear to be made for sensitivity purposes to avoid racist tones, some derogatory descriptions of skin color such as "green hide" remain. Another theory is that these changes are actually being made to avoid potential conflict with the Orc & Goblin race of Greenskins from Games Workshop's Warhammer series, due to the company's propensity for attempting to trademark common terms.

Whatever the case, many overt uses of the term "greenskin" have been changed to phrases like "greenish," "green hide," or removed outright. It is also interesting to note, that despite also having green skin and actually being native to Azeroth, Goblins aren't referred to that way, while the NPC actually named Captain Greenskin and the associated legendaries Memory of Greenskin and Greenskin's Waterlogged Wristcuffs remain unchanged. This may lend some credibility toward the trademark theory however, as a specific character name would not fall under the same protection.
  • Orcs. It seems I've been fighting them all my life.$B$BTwenty years ago we shattered the Horde and tore down the walls of their Hellfire Citadel. We drove the vile greenskins to the very brink! After that, other than a few skirmishes the broken orcs never again posed a threat to us.$B$BUntil now.
  • Orcs. It seems I've been fighting them all my life.$B$BTwenty years ago we shattered the Horde and tore down the walls of their Hellfire Citadel. We drove the vile barbarians to the very brink! After that, other than a few skirmishes the broken orcs never again posed a threat to us.$B$BUntil now.
  • Here I am, in a rough-hewn stone tower squatting on marshy, muddy ground while clouds of midges fly unchecked through the open doorways, standing amongst hunched, greenskin figures of dubious hygiene and coarse manners. I've never been happier.
  • Here I am, in a rough-hewn stone tower squatting on marshy, muddy ground while clouds of midges fly unchecked through the open doorways, standing amongst hunched, greenish figures of dubious hygiene and coarse manners. I've never been happier.
  • Greenskin... I know why you've come. You will not find allies in my kind for we do not trust you.
  • Little green one... I know why you've come. You will not find allies in my kind for we do not trust you.
  • It's not much, but it just might keep your green skin intact.
  • It's not much, but it just might keep your green hide intact.
  • Hands up, greenskins! My men will give you your new bearing. You try anything funny and we'll fill you with lead.
  • Hands up! My men will give you your new bearing. You try anything funny and we'll fill you with lead.
  • What manner of creature are you? <The pandaren pauses, her eyes growing wide.> My... look at that gorgeous green skin!
  • What manner of creature are you? <The pandaren pauses, her eyes growing wide.> My... I've never seen anyone like you before!
  • High Perch belongs to the Horde. Or should I say... the "green-skins".
  • High Perch belongs to the Horde.
  • You dare invade Stromgarde, rightful home of the Trollbanes? Get out of my sight, green-skin.
  • You dare invade Stromgarde, rightful home of the Trollbanes? Get out of my sight!
  • "Green-skin"? Ohoho... now you've made me mad.
  • Ohoho... now you've made me mad.
Risqué Jokes and Sexual Remarks
Various sexual jokes and remarks, such as those spoken by paramours and consorts in Karazhan and patrons in the Black Temple, have been toned down. While the general meaning of most of the jokes are unchanged, some are now less self depreciating, others change the subject of the joke, while the rest are made completely non-sexual by removing references to touching, foreplay, threesomes, getting distracted by physical attributes, or sex in general.
  • So I said, "Yeah, but that'll cost you extra."
  • So I said, "You can't afford me."
  • Five seconds. I'm not kidding!
  • It's always over so quickly.
  • He asked if the imp could join in--can you believe it? Actually, it wasn't half bad....
  • I can't help but tell them I'm out of their league.
  • They fall asleep after. Me, I fall asleep during....
  • Is it too much to ask for a little excitement?
  • I've been very, very naughty....
  • Someone's been very naughty!
  • Enough foreplay. Let's get down to business.
  • Let's get down to business.
  • It's a great assignment, yeah, but "all looking and no touching" gets old after a while.
  • This really is a great assignment. Everyone is so stunning!
  • I believe I was showing my motorcycle to some hot babes at the time.
  • I believe I was showing my motorcycle to some fans of mine at the time.
  • Go water my Huge Melons, further down the path!
  • Go water my Melons, further down the path!
  • Water my Huge Melons!
  • Water my Melons!
  • Yes! A song about the lore and all the lessons we can learn from it all. Sounds exciting, doesn't it?$b$bBut... we're still working on it. Chadrik seems easily distracted lately. Is there something on my tabard?
  • Yes! A song about the lore and all the lessons we can learn from it all. Sounds exciting, doesn't it?$b$bBut... we're still working on it.
  • Greetings, $r. I am the sworn protector of Watcher Megana. She has special gifts that I... uh, our leaders... greatly admire, and must be guarded closely.
  • Greetings, $r. I am the sworn protector of Watcher Megana.
Sexually Disparaging Dialogue
A handful of lines which made disparaging remarks toward women and effeminate men have been changed, including dialogue in which the Blood Elf Johnny Awesome is repeatedly referred to as a girl by Master Apothecary Lydon in the Horde Hillsbrad Foothills questline.
  • You want to know why women are no-good? Because you think that all they're doing is calling upon the spirits of the dead. But then, you catch them doing a little more than talking! I mean, how does that even work with a ghost?
  • They told me that after I died I'd pay my dues for all the wrong I did in life. Doesn't sound like a fun time. Why don't you bring me back so I won't have to go through that ugliness?
  • Somebody shut this little girl up!
  • Somebody shut him up!
  • Do you want a dolly, little girl? Would that make it better?
  • Do you want a tissue, boy? Would that make it better?
  • KILL ME OR KILL THE GIRL!
  • KILL ME OR KILL HIM!
Developer References
Levixus the Soul Caller in Auchindoun would frequently read from the Book of the Dead before shouting several garbled phrases in Demonic, but when translated by Warlock players, it was actually revealed to be a cleverly hidden Easter egg in which the Eredar praised the names of various Burning Crusade artists and animators. With Blizzard's commitment to toning down references to real life individuals however, Levixus is now proclaiming more lore friendly doom and gloom.
  • Jeffrey Kaplan! Tom Chilton! Rob Pardo!
  • More! More souls for the Legion!
  • Justin Thavirat! Roman Kenney! Our entire awesome art and animation team!
  • The bones feed my power!
  • CHRIS METZEN!
  • The Naaru can not save you now!
  • Pat Nagle! World design team! Cory Stockton, Paul C., Jim Chadwick, Staats, Ed Hanes, Morris, Gotcher, Jesse!, Sarah B., Victor C., Dave A.! All of our amazing exterior artists!
  • None will be spared!
Updated References
Most of these changes reconcile the renaming of the Argus city Mac'Aree to Eredath, in order to avoid the reference to former Blizzard developer Jesse McCree, along with a similar update for the Big Love Rocket now known as X-45 Heartbreaker.
  • On Argus, Mac'Aree was the most sacred of our cities.$B$BWould you believe me if I told you that the walkways were lined with precious minerals? That the rivers glittered even in complete darkness?$B$BI long for those days... How long has it been? A thousand years? Ten-thousand?
  • On Argus, Eredath was the most sacred of our cities.$B$BWould you believe me if I told you that the walkways were lined with precious minerals? That the rivers glittered even in complete darkness?$B$BI long for those days... How long has it been? A thousand years? Ten-thousand?
  • This place is nothing compared to Mac'Aree, and soon it will burn with hellfire just the same.
  • This place is nothing compared to Eredath, and soon it will burn with hellfire just the same.
  • Mac'Aree was once the pinnacle of eredar civilization.
  • Eredath was once the pinnacle of eredar civilization.
  • My brothers abandoned their shards when Sargeras arrived. They are still here, in Mac'Aree.
  • My brothers abandoned their shards when Sargeras arrived. They are still here, in Eredath.
  • This is not how I thought I would spend my time in Mac'Aree.
  • This is not how I thought I would spend my time in Eredath.
  • We have many unanswered questions about my brethren's fall to madness here in Mac'Aree. Bring me any memory crystals you find and I will continue my research.
  • We have many unanswered questions about my brethren's fall to madness here in Eredath. Bring me any memory crystals you find and I will continue my research.
  • The darkness that lingers in the temple... the shadow that looms over all of Mac'Aree... is L'ura.
  • The darkness that lingers in the temple... the shadow that looms over all of Eredath... is L'ura.
  • The remaining fragments may still be here, on Argus. We must go to Mac'Aree where my brothers and I once ruled.
  • The remaining fragments may still be here, on Argus. We must go to Eredath where my brothers and I once ruled.
  • I am afraid our continued presence on Mac'Aree has awoken more angry spirits. Help them find peace.
  • I am afraid our continued presence on Eredath has awoken more angry spirits. Help them find peace.
  • The Legion's forces occupy the estates of Mac'Aree. Activate the nobles' vigilants to help with the battle. No doubt their power crystals have been stolen by the eredar.
  • The Legion's forces occupy the estates of Eredath. Activate the nobles' vigilants to help with the battle. No doubt their power crystals have been stolen by the eredar.
  • The Legion seeks to claim a foothold on Mac'Aree. Disrupt their forces any way you can. Give them a mess to clean up.
  • The Legion seeks to claim a foothold on Eredath. Disrupt their forces any way you can. Give them a mess to clean up.
  • Forces from Antorus are using the remains of Talgath's portals to stage another invasion on Mac'Aree. Stop their advance before we are overrun.
  • Forces from Antorus are using the remains of Talgath's portals to stage another invasion on Eredath. Stop their advance before we are overrun.
  • You bought us valuable time, but we must remain vigilant. So long as the Legion knows we have a foothold on Mac'Aree, they will not relent.
  • You bought us valuable time, but we must remain vigilant. So long as the Legion knows we have a foothold on Eredath, they will not relent.
  • Antorus demands its prize! Mac'Aree will be ours!
  • Antorus demands its prize! Eredath will be ours!
  • Your lives are forfeit, should we fail. Secure Mac'Aree!
  • Your lives are forfeit, should we fail. Secure Eredath!
  • Mac'Aree... this is all that is left.
  • Eredath... this is all that is left.
  • I've sent scouts to gauge the extent of the Legion's incursion into Mac'Aree, but they have not returned. Please find them and give aid... if they yet live.
  • I've sent scouts to gauge the extent of the Legion's incursion into Eredath, but they have not returned. Please find them and give aid... if they yet live.
  • Hold, Prophet. I have scouted the area. The shadows grip Mac'Aree more tightly than you know.
  • Hold, Prophet. I have scouted the area. The shadows grip Eredath more tightly than you know.
  • So many draenei traditions were lost during our long journey. The spirits of Mac'Aree have not forgotten. They practice the ritual combat of Jed'hin even now. Perhaps they will welcome a new challenger!
  • So many draenei traditions were lost during our long journey. The spirits of Eredath have not forgotten. They practice the ritual combat of Jed'hin even now. Perhaps they will welcome a new challenger!
  • I would not worry too much about their heads. Only males with the thickest crests choose to compete, and these are the best Mac'Aree has to offer.
  • I would not worry too much about their heads. Only males with the thickest crests choose to compete, and these are the best Eredath has to offer.
  • Mac'Aree... it looks just like how I remember it. The forests, the hills, the herds of talbuk...$b$bI wonder if my old workshop is still down there. Do you think if you had a moment, you could ...?$b$bForgive me. You have much more important things to do. Let me know when you are ready to go to the surface.
  • Eredath... it looks just like how I remember it. The forests, the hills, the herds of talbuk...$b$bI wonder if my old workshop is still down there. Do you think if you had a moment, you could ...?$b$bForgive me. You have much more important things to do. Let me know when you are ready to go to the surface.
  • Have you seen Prophet Velen's new dance? He calls it the Mac'Areena.
  • Have you seen Prophet Velen's new dance?
  • With Alleria's teaching, we can avoid the fate suffered by those on Mac'Aree.
  • With Alleria's teaching, we can avoid the fate suffered by those on Eredath.
  • Sold! A Big Love Rocket to the lovely lady for 1,412 gold! She will certainly be the talk of the town now!
  • Sold! A mint condition X-45 Heartbreaker to the lovely lady for 1,412 gold! She will certainly be the talk of the town now!

Delterius

Arcane
You murder Edwin VanCleef -- a true patriot to his country -- simply because they did not want to pay them for rebuilding Stormwind.
Correction: you execute a criminal union boss who resorted to terrorism to bring about communism to Stormwind. What, are you surprised VanCleef's symbol is a literal red flag?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom