Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News ATOM RPG: Trudograd Released

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
is the sales enough to make ATOM 2: Radioactive Decay Bugaloo?

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
lol

this game also has a nicely drawn card game.

I got the feels of Might & Magic 7 again, when I played Arcomage :)

jac8awol

Arbiter
The fights and exploration look awesome in the trailer. Unfortunately the writing looks as weird as the first one, and I even paused the video to read those text boxes. Sounds as unnatural as the first, even spotted a typo "hear the old man" instead of "near the old man". God damn it just hire professionals to fix the translations, I can't handle that potato English.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
is the sales enough to make ATOM 2: Radioactive Decay Bugaloo?
Together with what we had saved up before launch, we'll exist for at least half a year now! A year even, maybe. We'll throw everything we have at making a player suggested free dlc now, and then a $$ca$h$$ dlc and only then make a roadmap for the future. But unless we can't help it, we won't make ATOM 2 our next proper game, we'll do something different between TG and ATOM 2. Displaying ability to change is worth the risk in our minds, even though we do not feel post-apoc fatigue yet.
lol

this game also has a nicely drawn card game.

I got the feels of Might & Magic 7 again, when I played Arcomage :)
I'm so pissed off I forgot to mention it as a feature in all release posts :((( I just forgot about it. But that's okay, I'm gonna compensate for it now. Did you know Bombagun was also soft launched on Android and iOS????? With updated graphics and rules???? And multiplayer??? Wow!
The fights and exploration look awesome in the trailer. Unfortunately the writing looks as weird as the first one, and I even paused the video to read those text boxes. Sounds as unnatural as the first, even spotted a typo "hear the old man" instead of "near the old man". God damn it just hire professionals to fix the translations, I can't handle that potato English.
God damn it! I'll send the typo report to the language authority right now, but trust me, the overall English is much more improved. Scott Hamm did 90% of the game at least, instead of around 75% of the original game. It's much more polished in TG.
Said the desperate developer...

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
And multiplayer?
I can never find an opponent though.
That's because nobody plays it! We'll do a proper launch as soon as there less work. I'm planning to add a card battle single player roguelike mode, and I'll buy google ads when I get my salary, it's gonna be wicked!
Never mind, found one and he got lucky both times.
Damn, that's like meeting a unicorn or something. You're both lucky... Gotta add more players to it ASAP!

Murk

Arcane
Finally got around to playing for a few hours. So far, friggin' great. Atomboy you lads are doing a-okay.

Saduj

Arcane
Played around with character creation last night. Don’t have a save that meets import requirements but I could fix that if I want to do some fights again. I was leaning towards making a new character anyway. Question is: Are skill checks geared towards an end game Atom character or a the 230 skill points new characters are capped at? Don’t want to spread points too thin and end up not being able to do anything….

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Yeah, I think I'm going to pirate delve into it at next week, hehe. Will buy later.
Hope you'll like it!!!
Played around with character creation last night. Don’t have a save that meets import requirements but I could fix that if I want to do some fights again. I was leaning towards making a new character anyway. Question is: Are skill checks geared towards an end game Atom character or a the 230 skill points new characters are capped at? Don’t want to spread points too thin and end up not being able to do anything….
Nowadays skills go upto 299, and you get special perks for certain amounts of skill including getting a whole point of personality for having a large speechcraft. There are checks for 260, even 290 of some skill but these are very few and they always have alternatives to them. If a choice with the skill of 290 is presented in the dialogue, there will also be a str or luk check in the other options. Most stay in the 80-230 range.
All in all, in my opinion, spreading thin in Trudograd is pretty dangerous, just like it was in ATOM. It's better to specialize on some things. But that's because I don't use drugs and alcohol (in the game).

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
piracy is wrong

...and thre should be peace in the whole world, and negroes in Africa should be fed, all capitalists must hangs etc, I know.
Life full of wrong things, deal with it.

Hope you'll like it!!!

You know, people could not like your game, not like writing or something, but they genuinely accept that you at least made it with soul, sincerely.
That's counts.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
piracy is wrong

...and thre should be peace in the whole world, and negroes in Africa should be fed, all capitalists must hangs etc, I know.
Life full of wrong things, deal with it.

Hope you'll like it!!!

You know, people could not like your game, not like writing or something, but they genuinely accept that you at least made it with soul, sincerely.
That's counts.
I really hope it shows, I really do!

Murk

Arcane

I played around a bit in both ways. My char from last round was level 22 when I finished it and it definitely makes passing skill checks easier, but when I made a fresh character I was able to still pass a few provided I actually prioritized getting a high skill score in speechcraft or survival or what have you.

I'll say this, if you do import a character, you basically can re-distribute your perks/skills/abilities/stats, so you're not stuck playing the same build if you don't want to.

The abilities are different anyway so makes sense you'd have to redistribute those, but you can lower skills/stats and change them around too.

Saduj

Arcane
I played around a bit in both ways. My char from last round was level 22 when I finished it and it definitely makes passing skill checks easier, but when I made a fresh character I was able to still pass a few provided I actually prioritized getting a high skill score in speechcraft or survival or what have you.

My original character had both traits that add a bunch of attribute points at the expense of starting skills. Finished at level 17 and had around 140 in burst weapons, 140+ in speech, 100+ in pistols (this was a waste), 70 in lockpicks (this was wasted skill points dumped into this skill late game), 70 medic and 100 tech (very useful).

If I make a new character and don't start with traits that kill starting skills, I can pump up two skills to the levels of the highest skills I had in the original game. Or, I could set two skills around 110-115 and another two to 70-80 or so. Sounds like doing something closer to the first option is the better way to go.

jackofshadows

Magister
Question is: Are skill checks geared towards an end game Atom character or a the 230 skill points new characters are capped at? Don’t want to spread points too thin and end up not being able to do anything….
There're so many alternatives that skill checks are almost redundant/seems as a different sort of flavour. As an extreme example: you see some skill check that you cannot pass but the alternative is the END check and you can buff that stat temporarily by 8, so you pass it after a reload.

I'm playing with fresh char and have like 250+ unallocated skill points by now although that's not very talkative character (not a murder hobo either), otherwise I'd put that into speech.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
so you pass it after a reload.
With that attitude every RPG system is "banal shit boring" and all combat is "piss-easy". Your pathological self-hatred displayed via hatred of all and any Russian RPGs shows its ugly head. Again

Slavic urban intelligentzia. Smug & smart retards

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Bombagun is such a joy to play, fun experience and cards are beautifully drawn. It can promote Trudograd and make you bunch of money on Android/Apple app store. Use it as cash cow to fund your dreams of making Slavic Morrowind or Russian Arcanum. As best USA President of 21st century would say: BEST DEAL!

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
RUSSIAN RPG PYRAMID:
Trudograd>(Stoneshard)>>Encased>>>>Wokefinder

ATOM team is truly Russian IronTower (Colony Ship, AoD Devs). Maybe one day we'll call them Russian Troika. We'll see

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Expect before end of September that medium sized YouTubers (500k+ subs) like MrMatty Plays, SplatterCatGaming, Many A True Nerd... will make videos about Trudograd. I'll make sure of that

Makers of Trudograd won't starve on my watch. Which reminds me: itz dinner time!

jackofshadows

Magister
so you pass it after a reload.
With that attitude every RPG system is "banal shit boring" and all combat is "piss-easy". Your pathological self-hatred displayed via hatred of all and any Russian RPGs shows its ugly head. Again

Slavic urban intelligentzia. Smug & smart retards
Not every. Besides, like I said, it's an extreme example. Anyway, often you can just say "I should go" and buff yourself. Whatever. Play as you want and fuck off.

Vrab

Learned
Oh, nice!

One of those purchases for which even a Slav doesn't wait for a discount.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom