Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

ferratilis

Magister
developers are afraid bad players would run out, and put thousands of them everywhere.

This is so true. Most of the consumables in the screenshot I posted above were found in the last dungeon of Varnhold's Lot DLC. I didn't play it on release, but if you look at Steam forums, you can find a bunch of posts where people whine how it was too difficult. They probably put all those scrolls in it for those people, it's funny. And the DLC isn't even that hard tbh, it's just that the companions they provide are pretty bad.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
When I decide to rest in a dungeon, usually I fight one more fight using mostly consumables. Works on Hard.

Wunderbar I haven't played in Russian, but there is sorting by type. Try this at least. In English sorting works OK; and Alchemist Fire is side by side with Acid flasks.

Wunderbar

Arcane
but there is sorting by type.
it's still sorts by alphabet. Seems like the devs were aware of that problem, hense all of the consumables have very amusing naming system - all potions names start with "potion / зелье", all wands start with "wand / жезл" and all scrolls start with "scroll / свиток". Very hacky solution.

Unfortunately, this hacky solution doesn't quite work, because the naming isn't consistent. For example, alchemist fire isn't named "Зелье Алхимический огонь", but simply "Алхимический огонь", and thus it's always shown before other consumables (even before wands). At the same time, "Acid flask" is named "Склянка с кислотой", so it's always last on the list (after scrolls). Some other potions suffer from the same issue, namely "protection from fire" (devs forgot to put the word "potion / зелье").

I should've played this game in English.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
but there is sorting by type.
it's still sorts by alphabet. Seems like the devs were aware of that problem, hense all of the consumables have very amusing naming system - all potions names start with "potion / зелье", all wands start with "wand / жезл" and all scrolls start with "scroll / свиток". Very hacky solution.

Unfortunately, this hacky solution doesn't quite work, because the naming isn't consistent. For example, alchemist fire isn't named "Зелье Алхимический огонь", but simply "Алхимический огонь", and thus it's always shown before other consumables (even before wands). At the same time, "Acid flask" is named "Склянка с кислотой", so it's always last on the list (after scrolls). Some other potions suffer from the same issue, namely "protection from fire" (devs forgot to put the word "potion / зелье").

I should've played this game in English.

Thanks for sharing that. It never even occurred to me that there could be sorting issues in other languages just based on differing words or grammatical conventions.

ferratilis

Magister
So, at some point after starting the Armag questline, I started experiencing this bug where animal companions spawn in random places on the map, sometimes completely offscreen doing God-knows-what. In this screenshot, Amiri's smilodon is completely offscreen, being useless. This happens in every map, sometimes they'll spawn in the middle of the map, sometimes close, it's random. It's the same for all animal companions, regardless of the character. Apparently, they introduced this bug in the "Enhanced" Edition. Nice job, Owlcat, nice job. Todd would be proud.

92dYjnO.png

Hello guys.

Is there something like a SCS (Sword Coast Strategems) mod for this game like in Baldur’s Gate?

Best advice is to stick to turnbased mode since the AI is way less likely to be duped into dumb stuff like focusing on a single tank with 60 AC while the rest of the party has 20.

ferratilis

Magister
Obsidian got a lot of flak for their backer shenanigans in PoE, like those gold-named NPCs and backer-only achievement on Steam, but after going through the 'Deal with the Devil' quest in Kingmaker, everything is forgiven. Some guy has paid $4000 to write a quest and, no surprises, it's by far the worst quest I've ever seen in an RPG. It has incoherent writing, it defies its own logic, it's completely out-of-place, just overall shit. Helping a scumbag is considered lawful neutral, what a joke.

Imagine spending 4000 bucks only to be hated by everyone who plays the game. That guy is not very bright.

purupuru

Learned
My animal companions in Enhanced Edition thankfully didn't spawn on random locations, though they did spawn on the kingdom management map. Sometimes it's Ekun's dog, sometimes it's my lizard, they would just stand on the town maps and tower over the mini buildings.

kangaxx

Arbiter
It's funny you mention it. I experienced very few bugs (if any) in the first portion of the game, but the further and further I get in, the longer the loading times get and the more jank I encounter. My smilodon doesn't spawn randomly across the map though (yet anyway).

ferratilis

Magister
There is a popular list of builds on neoseeker website that are supposed to be viable for Unfair, but some of these guides look completely wrong, or maybe I don't understand this game. For the Dex Scion build, they recommend taking Weapon Finesse level 1, but the recommended weapon is a longsword. Wouldn't that feat be completely useless in that case? Also, for the Blind run Scion build, they took Improved Unarmed Strike level 1, but the build is based on scimitar/longsword. Since there is no respec on Unfair, why would someone waste feats like that?
https://www.neoseeker.com/pathfinder-kingmaker/builds/Main_Character

I don't follow any of these guides, I was just looking for a reference for my own Eldritch Scion, and wanted to make sure I understand the mechanics right. Can anyone confirm if these two builds are wrong? Others don't seem that good either tbh.

kangaxx

Arbiter
Crikey this game just keeps going. Clocking in at 88h (fair enough - some in the background idle), and I'm now waiting around after the Pitax tournament. And the game keeps giving me very minor companion errands as filler...

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
There is a popular list of builds on neoseeker website that are supposed to be viable for Unfair, but some of these guides look completely wrong, or maybe I don't understand this game. For the Dex Scion build, they recommend taking Weapon Finesse level 1, but the recommended weapon is a longsword. Wouldn't that feat be completely useless in that case? Also, for the Blind run Scion build, they took Improved Unarmed Strike level 1, but the build is based on scimitar/longsword. Since there is no respec on Unfair, why would someone waste feats like that?
https://www.neoseeker.com/pathfinder-kingmaker/builds/Main_Character

I don't follow any of these guides, I was just looking for a reference for my own Eldritch Scion, and wanted to make sure I understand the mechanics right. Can anyone confirm if these two builds are wrong? Others don't seem that good either tbh.

Can Scions take Weapon Training? There are feats there to changer weapon groups to finesse.

Also to bad Desiderius isn't around to tell you why you should not follow InEffect builds. His sheer autistic hatred for that guy is amusing.

edit: Weapon Finesse is a prerequisite for Slashing Grace. Slashing Grace doesn't require a finesse weapon though.

Last edited:

Sunri

Liturgist
Hey cookiemaker friends do you have any advice for me before i start playing on core? also do i need to play good character to finish companion quests? i remember from my previous playthrough that game can cuck in last chapter quite hard :philosoraptor:

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
1. There is no "Core". Play on "Challenging", you will be OK.
2. Play as you want and live with what you have done. There are always the next 20 playthroughs.
3. The last chapter is stable now. However, some still consider it boring.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Hey cookiemaker friends do you have any advice for me before i start playing on core?
be sure not to sell an emerald necklace. This thing is required for a sidequest or two, and it's a real PITA to find one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom