Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Mortmal

Arcane
Purely speculative question: assuming I'd go for a late game "Legend" character, how would you build one starting from a pure 20-levels DEX/Dueling Sword Sword Saint?
I was assuming 10 levels in duelist as they seem to synergize well enough, but not sure what to to do with the remaining ten levels.

I'd just go 20 Mutation Warrior Fighter.

Feral Grand Mutagen + weapon training heavy blades + an additional crit multiplier at level 20 would make a sword saint absolutely bonkers. Fighter can even get a weapon training feat to let you dual wield dueling swords as light weapons if you want it.
A legend build 20 mutation warrior + swordsaint ?

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Hey, I'm back at Drezen in Chapter V. I wonder who's gonna welcome me home and explain what the fuck is going on? Of course your friendly local transsexual (p)ork connoisseur. Some people claimed she's not an important character.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
So this newest patch -- literally like 20 minutes ago -- seems to have fixed this problem.
That's suspicious. It looks like developers are making patches that are fixing latest complains in this thread.
If anything, some of the bugs I see being fixed remind me of ones in beta. So I wouldn't be surprised Cats haven't even begun most of new reported things, aside from obvious game breaking stuff.
I'm pretty sure they deleted all beta bugs report, and they are concentrating on new ones.

Like: "My fighter wasn't controlled anymore, he stood up, and one of party's sabretooth tigers slapped him."

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
Starting over, I want to go Lich (preferable a martial/caster hybrid.).

Any recommendations for a Lich Martial hybrid class?
Wizard 5 / Trad Monk 1 / Hell Knight Signifer 3 / Eldritch Knight 10 / Loremaster 1. Ends at caster level 28, gets 16 bab with 6 attacks while hasted 3 at full BAB. Feel like I made this post before

Isn't that BAB 15? +2 Wizard, +1 Monk, +2 Signifer, +10 Eldritch Knight.

Could just drop the loremaster and get a 6th level of Wizard or Signifer for +1 BAB.

Alternatively, go for Sage Sorcerer 6 rather than Wizard for spontaneous casting.
You are forgetting the loremaster 1. Loremaster 1 + Wizard 5 = 3 BAB

Zayne

Scholar
Fuck you, Camellia!
I really, really didn't want to lose her and was willing to tolerate her shit as long as she obeyed.
Also I kinda hoped for redemption arc, like Jaethal's, but no, batshit crazy Cammy doesn't want a redemption arc, she just wants to bathe in blood.

VtqE2HE.png

Well, I'm down a secondary tank/buffer now. Sosiel, I guess...

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
So, I had two quivers, and they disapperead from my stash and from my chars quick slots... anyone had it happen?

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
More of my impressions of chapter V:
What the hell did they do to my prison?! I've all the cells were full when I left, now it's fucking empty. Being a time janny is suffering

Shadenuat

Arcane
Fuck you, Camellia!
I really, really didn't want to lose her and was willing to tolerate her shit as long as she obeyed.
Also I kinda hoped for redemption arc, like Jaethal's, but no, batshit crazy Cammy doesn't want a redemption arc, she just wants to bathe in blood.

VtqE2HE.png

She sucks. But I don't think not having a "redemption" arc for a character like her is some sort of a crime. Did Korgan have redemption arc? Especially since you what, play my little pony Azata?

She has a specific meta use in the game, and she is good at that.

To be turned into sacrifice when you become Lich.

Takamori

Learned
Fuck you, Camellia!

VtqE2HE.png

Should had put her down on the first murder case

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Fuck you, Camellia!

VtqE2HE.png

Sosiel and his amazing 10 dex. :M

Stoned Ape

Savant
Purely speculative question: assuming I'd go for a late game "Legend" character, how would you build one starting from a pure 20-levels DEX/Dueling Sword Sword Saint?
I was assuming 10 levels in duelist as they seem to synergize well enough, but not sure what to to do with the remaining ten levels.

Feral Grand Mutagen + weapon training heavy blades + an additional crit multiplier at level 20 would make a sword saint absolutely bonkers. Fighter can even get a weapon training feat to let you dual wield dueling swords as light weapons if you want it.

Sword Saint to 20 then MW to 20 as Legend.

As a DEX Sword Saint focusing on Dueling Sword I think it's the best melee option. MW is strong initially then gets better and better until it hits level 20. Think it gives Sword Saint more than Duelist 10/whatever else 10.

Mortmal

Arcane

As a DEX Sword Saint focusing on Dueling Sword I think it's the best melee option. MW is strong initially then gets better and better until it hits level 20. Think it gives Sword Saint more than Duelist 10/whatever else 10.
Best tanking option with dexterity yes , but for damage go strengh. Mw is a good choice for any melee build . You need to hit over 55 60 ac at the end and like 38 flatfooted. So 40 levels of those will certainly achieve that.

Sharpedge

Prophet

Best tanking option with dexterity yes , but for damage go strengh. Mw is a good choice for any melee build . You need to hit over 55 60 ac at the end and like 38 flatfooted. So 40 levels of those will certainly achieve that.
If you are playing on Unfair you need closer to 100 AC if you want to not get absolutely deleted by enemies.

PrK

Savant
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Ok, found a broken combo that only works in TB mode, enduring spells + cave fangs. After casting the spell (24h duration) calling down the stalagmites/stalactites is a free action, so you can do 144 casts in a single turn...

Just take care if you're casting the stalagmites:
Woljif with Last Stand, my PC froze for a few seconds after he stepped over the gazillion spike stones...
zhgf6zV.jpg

Mortmal

Arcane

If you are playing on Unfair you need closer to 100 AC if you want to not get absolutely deleted by enemies.
Oh but we are casual players playing on core 80 ac will be enough...

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
So apparently this Eustoyriax guy is so important that he deserves to be a named enemy. I guess he will surprise me with some clever use of his special abilities:

Screenshot-7.png

Oh, Owlcat, come on...

Well, I guess that using your Glitterdust to only blind yourself IS kinda surprising. Good job.

PrK

Savant
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Ok, found a broken combo that only works in TB mode, enduring spells + cave fangs. After casting the spell (24h duration) calling down the stalagmites/stalactites is a free action, so you can do 144 casts in a single turn...

Just take care if you're casting the stalagmites:
Woljif with Last Stand, my PC froze for a few seconds after he stepped over the gazillion spike stones...
zhgf6zV.jpg

In fact take really good care because I just misclicked with my MC and he evaporated after a small freeze.. :neveraskedforthis:

Efe

Erudite
what were your choices?
I onyl half did his quest and it failed, still got him to join. you still had trever's shield?

Sharpedge

Prophet
So apparently this Eustoyriax guy is so important that he deserves to be a named enemy. I guess he will surprise me with some clever use of his special abilities:

Screenshot-7.png

Oh, Owlcat, come on...

Well, I guess that using your Glitterdust to only blind yourself IS kinda surprising. Good job.
During the beta I tried the lich mythic path, you see some really facepalm quality stuff there. Enemies will attack you with negative energy repeatedly, giving you free heals.

Herumor

Scholar
So I loved played a Hellknight - wasn't really expecting all that much reactivity from the game about a multi-class choice, but it's fucking glorious. How much reactivity does the Devil path have given that it comes so late in the game? They really should have made it accessible early on, like the other mythics.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom