Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX II - Jax is back

unseeingeye

Cleric/Mage
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Your posts come across as sincere and interesting. Through the years of debates on gaming forums I sometimes get accused of being a troll and that use to surprise me that a small number of people think I would be active on any forum and post links, share my opinion and engage about games I enjoy yet somehow I am trolling?

IMO this view comes from people who have become jaded and cynical so when you say " Codex is a place where I can have interesting discussions " they are unintentionally assuming their experience must be same as everyone elses which means it must be a negative one as far as interesting debates go. Sure their will always be members on any forum that dont appreciate or want a different view and prefer an echo chamber but I dont generally engage with people like that

I did debating at school and I always loved it. And the whole point of a debate is engaging with people who have a different view to you.....their would be no point to debating and we wouldnt learn anything new if we all had the same opinion. I am happy to debate any topic like religion, human rights, Trump, politics, war on terror, free market principles etc. We can debate any topic as long as people dont start insulting other people or using derogatory comments during the debate but as I mentioned I dont engage normally with people like that ....you know the old maxim " we can agree to disagree" on topics. And this doesnt mean despite possible political differences we cant always discuss games and RPG

And this is absolutely what I believe and always will....and no Im not trolling :salute:
Your posts likewise come across to me as such, and I enjoy conversations like this.

These days I just prefer to argue, debate, have my views challenged &c with people I actually know, and in person. The dynamics online, the virtual posturing, genuflecting to whatever fleeting pseudointellectual paradigm is fashionable, or compensatory affecting of dissociated facetious mockery to mitigate unconscious insecurity, it became tiresome to a point where I just don't have the interest anymore to engage superficially anymore.

The degree to which our societies have been conditioned to partition themselves into endlessly bifurcating factions in perpetual fragmentation vying for an illusion of significance or power is thoroughly discouraging, and even alarming. In a virtual sphere of projection, where the internet mirrors what is beneath the floorboards, as if the mercurial channels of the unconscious itself were poured into a digital mold and cast, awakening an eventide archaic engram, its lycanthropic eyes peering from the umbra cast by modernity across the dark forest of our alienated souls, slumbering since the dawn of animal consciousness first rent the volatile membrane enveloping biological life. Something malevolent has been born and we are only dimly aware of its ontological ramifications, that very monstrous being anticipated by Yeats to which he gave expression:

"..the darkness drops again; but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?"

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Elex had a playtime of 100 hours so Elex 2 will last for at least 200 hours.
Not to mention the best implementation of base building up to date.
So will it be good? I don't think so but I will still pirate it.

BruceVC

Magister
God, just get a fucking room already.

Back to Elex II. Will it be awesome or what guys?

Sorry for hijacking of the thread, yes its going to be awesome. I like the fact they have more budget for ELEX 2 ....thats testimony to the sales success of ELEX 1 so fans of PB must just keep supporting the franchise and encouraging new gamers to play the game :cool:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
ELEX is 10 euro now on Steam btw, for you unbelievers that have not bought it yet. Think it's the lowest price yet.

Murk

Arcane
Awful song

Bring back old jax's voice

damn deutch-bags, release gameplay footage instead >;(

Shadenuat

Arcane
All NPCs are now paladin leader from Khorinis.

There are no orcs in the pass.
There are no dragons.
We have our own problemos!

Who's Xardas?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Voice is just wrong and the purple crystal monsters... I don't know man. Will we still be fighting biological "normal" stuff like zombies and monsters? These crystal things feels very Warcrafty.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom