Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jagged Alliance 3 from Haemimont Games

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
https://www.jaggedalliance.com

https://af.gog.com/game/jagged_alliance_3?as=1649904300

Grand Chien, a nation of rich natural resources and deep political divides, is thrown into chaos when the elected president goes missing and a paramilitary force known as “The Legion” seizes control of the countryside. Now, the President’s family has pulled together all their resources, including an arrangement with the powerful Adonis corporation, to hire a group of skilled mercenaries tasked with finding the President and bringing order back to the country.

In Jagged Alliance 3, select from a huge cast of mercenaries all with their own unique personalities, quirks, and backstories. Then go out and explore Grand Chien as you meet new people, earn money, grow your team, and ultimately make your own decisions that will decide the country’s fate.

FEATURES
  • Engage in rich, tactical turn-based combat
  • Recruit from a large cast of unique mercenaries, including many familiar fan favorites
  • Loot, salvage, and customize an arsenal of weaponry and equipment
  • Choose from a wide array of special perks to customize your mercs as they level up
  • Decide the fate of Grand Chien in an open RPG structure
  • Control territory, train the locals, command multiple parties, and defend against enemy forces in an alive, active world
  • Experience the campaign with friends in online co-op mode

Last edited by a moderator:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I know this will upset a lot of people. Let me help.
buttspray.gif

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Like Expeditions: Rome, this will be getting regular dev diaries: https://community.jaggedalliance.com/

Welcome to the Jagged Alliance Community Site!
Welcome to the new home for the Jagged Alliance Community!

With the recent announcement of Jagged Alliance 3, we're also excited to launch our brand new community site.

Here you'll be able to interact with fans from all the Jagged Alliance games, read the latest developer posts about Jagged Alliance, and engage with each other and the developers. Many of the developers will be active on the site, reading your posts.

This is YOUR community, so we hope you enjoy making new friends and discussing games. Please feel free to post any suggestions or recommendations you may have, and we look forward to getting to know everyone. Be good to one another, enjoy some fun, enlightening conversation, and help us create the best community we can!

https://www.thqnordic.com/article/a...s-jagged-alliance-finally-gets-true-successor

All Good Things Come in Threes: Jagged Alliance Finally Gets a True Successor

Sofia, Bulgaria / Vienna, Austria, September 17th, 2021: Fans have been waiting for decades, to see the third edition of the legendary strategy franchise Jagged Alliance. The strategy game experts from Haemimont Games, well known for their work on the Tropico-Series, Surviving Mars, Victor Vran and many other great games will finally create a true successor to the beloved series. This time, the player takes command of a mercenary organization in the fictional country of Grand Chien - a land thrown into chaos after a brutal paramilitary force known as "the Legion" took over. Jagged Alliance 3 will combine tactically deep, turn-based combat with exploration of a large game world with strategic elements including gaining control over territories, training local forces, and establishing multiple squads chosen from beloved mercenaries - all well known to fans of the series. Jagged Alliance 3 will have RPG-elements like special perks or level-ups for your mercenaries, as well as looting and customizing your arsenal of weaponry. Coming to PC, Jagged Alliance 3 will also feature a co-op multiplayer mode so you can free Grand Chien together with a friend.

Check out the announcement trailer: https://youtu.be/48b3BIU7vVY
Get more info on the games' official website: https://jaggedalliance.com

FEATURES
  • Engage in rich, tactical turn-based combat
  • Recruit from a large cast of unique mercenaries, including many familiar fan favorites
  • Loot, salvage, and customize an arsenal of weaponry and equipment
  • Choose from a wide array of special perks to customize your mercs as they level up
  • Decide the fate of Grand Chien in an open RPG structure
  • Control territory, train the locals, command multiple parties, and defend against enemy forces in an alive, active world
  • Experience the campaign with friends in online co-op mode

Last edited:

geno

Savant
In PP you waste time pixelhunting, in the video the player just clicks an icon.
My expectations are low but calling it a nuCOM clone is just wrong.

Slaver1

Savant
Rotatable 3d isometric cameras with zoom were a mistake. The fact they usually accompany games with a modest budget makes them even more egregious and the games they feature in unanimously aesthetically unappealing.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
That looks awfully high budget for a turn-based game (contrast this with Rage), so they must have high confidence in the team. Not sure a bunch of fantadomats are worth trusting though. :M

deuxhero

Arcane
From the official website
Jagged-Alliance-3-Announce-06.png

It's set in 2000, which explains why Ivan isn't 50+. Good from a gameplay prospective too since the innovations of the last two decades (cheap body armor, cheap optics, cheap drones, cheap sub-MoA rifles, cheap night vision, even an African shithole having cellphones everywhere) are rather detrimental to JA2's gameplay style. Hopefully it isn't full of anachronisms.

Edit: Strangely, the AKs seen in gameplay footage (but not art or pre-rendered footage) all seem to be Romanian ones (note the wooden foregrip). Weird choice and I wonder why they went with that. Maybe they're including progression of AK quality (Chinese garbage that uses pen springs<low quality eastern block<Norinco<authentic Russian<modern tacticool)? Alternatively, the devs are Bulgarian (directly north of Romania), so it might just what they had access to for a reference model and the other stuff is by different artist.

Last edited:

Pegultagol

Erudite
Graphics look very nice, with some nice verticality and tons of cover spots
Tropico developer means they have skill and experience to do some interesting things with the strategic layer of the game. Hopefully they do some daring things like supply lines and construction of infrastructure.
But realistically, I think the result would be taking some elements from Rage and Flashback and polishing them to extreme.

Looks like...
Body armor will not change merc appearance
No energy meter, you can sprint and crawl all over with a HK21 possibly without any penalty...

Wondering about...
How stealth is going to work and multiple deployment of squads
Environmental destruction
M.E.R.C.
Modes of transportation
Skill progression

Interesting note I checked Igor's stat numbers from the trailer to JA2 counterparts and they're the same. No change seems rather weird in this respect considering the passage of time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom