Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Gamedec - Definitive Edition - cyberpunk detective RPG set in virtual worlds

Codex Year of the Donut
"Selecting pronouns" affects how the game addresses you in dialogues. It makes sense within the context of the game world, where people can buy character skins and appear in-game as whatever they want, be it man or woman or robot or horse.
If only there was a way to determine which pronouns to use based on physical characteristics. Damn.

How do you guys never get bored of having this same discussion every day?
Gamedevs keep releasing games with the same content in it every day.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
"Selecting pronouns" affects how the game addresses you in dialogues. It makes sense within the context of the game world, where people can buy character skins and appear in-game as whatever they want, be it man or woman or robot or horse.

In that case you shouldd have options to play as a gelatinous blob and ask to be called everything from mister, miss to your majesty and imperator.

Only the thing we all know what's going on.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
If only there was a way to determine which pronouns to use based on physical characteristics. Damn.

No, since it's more fun then playing most games and it's free.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy

No one brofists their posts unless they engage in circlejerk. :shitposting:

Gradenmayer

Learned
so should we get this or is it not good? the pc gamer review score is brutal
I'd say it's the accurate one (except for the part with complicated mechanics, it's all simple). Game doesn't have mechanics and great story to compensate not having combat, unlike Disco.

Translator is not a good wordsmith to say the least.
Neither is the books' author...
Good to know, most of his stuff is untranslated Polish .

Gradenmayer

Learned
Game is short as fuck btw. I'd say buy Encased or Wrath, or Disco instead of this.
Competent product, but only worth if you are really craving this type of a game.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Aut... never mind.

Gradenmayer

Learned
Game is short as fuck btw. I'd say buy Encased or Wrath, or Disco instead of this.
Competent product, but only worth if you are really craving this type of a game.
I dont mind 7-8 hours but is the detectiving actually good? Are the writing good?

You talk/poke around and things you find get added to deduction menu, there game connects the evidence and they add up into a conclusion (basically a big decision).
You can completely botch the investigation or reach needed conclusions in different ways.

In dialogues you have options to be an ass or good guy (or other types of polar opposite approaches), both unlock different exclusive clues. Sometimes it 'dumbs' out, but overall it's fun.

Not sure about replay value, I will play again tomorrow. There seems to be enough unique content for at least 2 playthroughs.
It's around 12-16 (more if you read codex) hours, not 8.

Writing picks up after first 3 hours. Its not Planescape or Disco levels, but still way above average RPG.

Despite my first negative impressions, I enjoyed it overall. Though it's more of an advanced visual novel than RPG.

Gerrard

Arcane
I'm waiting for a game that will force you into some inane dialogue options if you choose pronouns that don't match your body, to take into account being mentally ill.

Gradenmayer

Learned
How much SJW stuff is in the game?
Define SJW stuff. It doesn't preach to the player and you kinda build your hero's worldview yourself (whether he thinks that VR gamers or Catfishers are subhuman trash, etc.)

Keshik

Arcane
The parody of Star Citizen was chuckle worthy at least

AjdpuHsl.png

Smerlus

Educated
I played through the first job yesterday and have to say the game is somewhat interesting but a little buggy.

I'm liking the deductions portion. There is a decision to make, on the left are a bunch of clues that can be found that offer Intel about the decision and on the right are the choices that can be deduced. In most cases there seems to be a right choice to make and missing a clue or two can definitely play into what kind of deduction you can make.

The interrogations are meh. The littlest change in tone or "wrong" question can lock out clues. I'm pressuring a kid and chumming up to him but asking why he left his friend or showing concern for his well being seems to piss him off.

The profession thing seems to play into dialog a bunch but a few seem more represented than others so far. I do like that if you have the points to unlock a certain profession, the dialog choice that would have been locked out lets you upgrade your character on the spot if you want to.

There's a bunch of bugs though. Sometimes the gender choice script pops up into dialog because the code isn't formatted properly. I've had some locked dialog choices replicate a few times on an npc and a follower I had traveled with me in his regular body when I was in a programming mode.

It's not game breaking but on what is essentially a choose your own point and click adventure, I expect a game that's a little tighter in the QA dept.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:whatho:

I am surprised how chad this game is. Just found some capitalist hobo slave scum boy,and i ended up teaching him about what fascists do with liberal capitalists.

KOkAzhT.png

There is a bunch of pozed people but you always have an option to contradict them or say that they are disgusting. There is decent amount of freedom of expression in the game. So far i like it,tho not much of gameplay,a lot of talking.

Marat

Arcane
Wumao
Game is enjoyable - unlike Encased, nothing outright infuriating. Writing is very competent though perhaps not mind-blowing. Setting is more interesting and better developed than I initially expected, a shame that most worldbuilding is done through the in-game encyclopedia. There are some bugs, relatively minor, I only encountered single significant one where a conversation bugged out and I had to make do without talking to that character. Occasionally some dialogue lines or elements of the UI would be in Polish - the first few times it happened I ascribed it to being tired and my brain fucking with me. Can confirm Smerlus's observations, I've got a similar impression of the game having played a little further. Strange how the game I least expected to be good turns out to be the superior release.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
not a fan of how skill point system plays out.
For example i decided to chose logical, computer guy path. Haxxor dialogue options do not seem to reward me much with logic points. Except you get skills when interrogating people.

Now when I interrogate people I try to obtain information from them, not larp some codex autist. As result I find it difficult to follow upgrades I wanted, instead I get plenty lightbulbs.
And in the end I cant really levelup anything since Im missing fire points. Its like game is asking to quicksave before talking to npc only to find out which points you can farm in given encounter.

Marat

Arcane
Wumao
True, the points are piling up but there is never enough red ones. And point acquisition is based on what emotions or stances you display in conversations, not which skills you're using which is strange, but on the other hand it would railroad you heavily otherwise.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
not a fan of how skill point system plays out.
For example i decided to chose logical, computer guy path. Haxxor dialogue options do not seem to reward me much with logic points. Except you get skills when interrogating people.

Now when I interrogate people I try to obtain information from them, not larp some codex autist. As result I find it difficult to follow upgrades I wanted, instead I get plenty lightbulbs.
And in the end I cant really levelup anything since Im missing fire points. Its like game is asking to quicksave before talking to npc only to find out which points you can farm in given encounter.
Surgeon is really good trait,it is a must,also the hacking one is good too. But yeah,the skill system is pretty shit,at some point i just cheat it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom