Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX II - Jax is back

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
all that preparation to meet monsters with... dagger?

Hobo Elf

Arcane
The new VA is jarring but oh well. It's not the first time PB does this shit. They can't remain consistent within their own series and that's as much a staple of their games as anything else I suppose.

Lambach

Arcane
The new VA is jarring but oh well.

I mean, he does good enough of a job and I don't think he's "jarring", but it's just that it's not the voice of Jax that I'm used to and spent dozens of hours listening to, so it triggers my autism.

I guess we can LARP that his voice changed because ELEX completely left his body and he's now just an ordinary human. :M

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
I mean, he does good enough of a job
No, he doesn't. The voice is flat and weak, while the original Jax is flat but strong, suiting his elex use and his background as a commander. Also, the voice doesn't really line up with the character model - but I can't get any more specific than that.

Jinn

Arcane
ill we still be fighting biological "normal" stuff like zombies and monsters?

Can't see why not. Doubt they would ditch the normal PB nature vs. man type enemies and favor these aliens completely.

These crystal things feels very Warcrafty.

We only saw a little of them, and it was likely only a sub-species of some sort. And I wouldn't say their design is THAT bad.

But bros, I don't think we're going to be seeing ELEX II this year...

Digimon

Educated
Another cinematic trailer :-<

Why is everyone so dismissive towards Jax? After everything he went through to save everyone in Maglan, he ended up being treated like how people would treat a Jehovah Witness or a street salesman standing on their doorsteps.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I'm fully EREX'd :bounce:

Sad about the voice though. It's way too clean, overproduced, not low enough, not edgy enough. It feels like a goody too-shoes, rather than a jaded guy in control of himself, observing things with a critical eye.

Murk

Arcane
re: normal monsters

They've shown mutants (cyborg type), normal mutated animals (frog thing; flying pterodactyl looking thing called a 'storm lizard'; giant bug called 'rock dragonfly'), and humanoid enemies already.

Harthwain

Magister
Whoever decided that adding such obnixious music in the story trailer is a good idea clearly didn't know what he was doing.

No, he doesn't. The voice is flat and weak [...]
To me the bigger problem with the voice is in the tone, because you can make even a flat voice work, provided the tone of voice is good enough to make up for it.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
I dislike the trailer's tone, it's overdramatic.
Not in line with good old pb games.
Are they trying to become mature devs for mature gamers now, with grimdark worlds and visceral finishing moves?
What if you pushed the awesome button and watched Jax perform a cinematic move?

Jinn

Arcane
Now that looks like some early-campaign Piranha Bytes gameplay right there. Looking good! Alleviated a number of concerns I had.

Hope this is an early build, the character models look worse than the first game

Agree the models look a little rough still, particularly Jax's model. Would like to see an improvement there for the final release, but I'm not overly concerned about it either.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
I don't speak devil tongue so I just did light skim for some info:
  • General UI screens:
    MJuwAfG.png
    PjYZn7t.png
    wzBNyKs.png
    ufIv7bo.png
    yStqhzP.png
    BzntuIZ.png
  • Best map shot of new area I could get:
    eRdCEWk.png
He shakes the cursor around but a little too fast, best I could tell is that Beserker area is gone, Cleric and Outlaw land are healed, Snow region still snowy, two new regions to the east with the urban area in image and an area north of it that had a large body of water with buildings on it (Or is that Cleric area?).
  • Jax will grab ledges if you fall near one and if you hug cliff wall he will slide down it and not take fall damage.
  • People worried the jetpack upgrade will ruin world design can now shut the fuck up, streamer found several little caches just jetpacking around the ridge.
  • Intro had a few CGI cutscenes and there was in-engine one when you find Caja.
  • ELEX 1 Ending spoilers!!
Hybrid's dead lol

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Whoever decided that adding such obnixious music in the story trailer is a good idea clearly didn't know what he was doing.

No, he doesn't. The voice is flat and weak [...]
To me the bigger problem with the voice is in the tone, because you can make even a flat voice work, provided the tone of voice is good enough to make up for it.
You could be right - honestly, I am not familiar enough with the vernacular of speech phraseology if you will, but yah - that voice is too high toned for Jax. You don't realize how perfect the voice was in Elex until they give the reins to a low T VA.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
The new VA is jarring but oh well.

I mean, he does good enough of a job and I don't think he's "jarring", but it's just that it's not the voice of Jax that I'm used to and spent dozens of hours listening to, so it triggers my autism.

I guess we can LARP that his voice changed because ELEX completely left his body and he's now just an ordinary human. :M
You misunderstand me. I mean it's jarring because it's a new voice and quite different from the original one. I'm not talking about the quality of the job that he did.

Murk

Arcane
Now that looks like some early-campaign Piranha Bytes gameplay right there. Looking good! Alleviated a number of concerns I had.

Hope this is an early build, the character models look worse than the first game

Agree the models look a little rough still, particularly Jax's model. Would like to see an improvement there for the final release, but I'm not overly concerned about it either.

They're definitely early build; in some of the conversations the models' limbs would clip through their chest in bizarre and jerking-quick motions. Not sure how much the textures may change, but the animations/rigging is for sure early build.

BruceVC

Magister
Im not crazy about the voiceover of Jax but I am happy with the overall plot of him trying to win over the various factions to the new threat

Thats normal in PB games where you have to join or win the confidence of various groups so nothing is their for me to be concerned about :cool:

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
He's kinda similar to risen 1 protag that tried to warn ppl about the titans and ended up drunken mess because nobody believed him.

Pretty much just recycling how their heroes fall but i dont mind

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom